ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278445
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I agree with pretty much everything you said up there,^ including the "it's her choice" part, but some people are stupid and make stupid choices. I guess it's not my place to judge, but common sense (which isn't so common anymore) dictates that repeated abortions will probably do some weird stuff below decks to a woman, probably especially if it's a late- term abortion. (Too lazy to look up data.)

At the very least such a person isn't bringing unwanted children into the world. Can you imagine such a person with a kid?

Sounds like a recipe for a bully... or a miracle kid... it depends on how you see the glass.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

NO

1) Do you ever learn?

2) Why do you say that?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You speak like the girls who need abotion are slt who do sex from man to another. its not like that you know?

how many times you did something wrong? by accident? accidently burnt a toast of accidently forgot to do something? its happen.
and Im not sure if you are a "no sex until marrige", but in most of the western world, a girl can do whatever she want. she want to climb a mountain? so be it. she want to be a gamer? so be it. she want to go to a bar? so be it. and meeting peoples, starting a realtionship or do it as fun, its completly normal. want to learn something? your parents did it too! im sure they didnt meet eac other at church.

so if a girl as an accident. she is 22 and she forgot to use condom or it just happened. so you say "now you have to raise the kid!"? "forget about education, getting the job you dreamed about, go find someone who will help you"? and dont sya that if she wanted these, she had to be more carefull.

you speak like having sex is a sin, which happen only after 20 years or marrige. it happen on a daily base. and accident happen.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

how many times you did something wrong? by accident? accidently burnt a toast of accidently forgot to do something? its happen.
and Im not sure if you are a "no sex until marrige", but in most of the western world, a girl can do whatever she want. she want to climb a mountain? so be it. she want to be a gamer? so be it. she want to go to a bar? so be it. and meeting peoples, starting a realtionship or do it as fun, its completly normal. want to learn something? your parents did it too! im sure they didnt meet eac other at church.

so if a girl as an accident. she is 22 and she forgot to use condom or it just happened. so you say "now you have to raise the kid!"? "forget about education, getting the job you dreamed about, go find someone who will help you"? and dont sya that if she wanted these, she had to be more carefull.

you speak like having sex is a sin, which happen only after 20 years or marrige. it happen on a daily base. and accident happen.

Very good, Mr. Danielo. That will be all.

But you are right. In this modern world, a girl is free to do what she likes. And accidents do happen.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You speak like the girls who need abotion are slt who do sex from man to another. its not like that you know?

Then, if it was just an "accident" and she doesn't want to have that responsibility, why not put the child up for adoption?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Then, if it was just an "accident" and she doesn't want to have that responsibility, why not put the child up for adoption?

Several reasons.

First, would you want to carry around a child for 9 months, deal with the social implications, birth it, then just give it away?

Second, foster care systems are already over-full and underfunded. Putting more children into the works won't help anyone.

Third, it should simply come down to the mother's choice. There's too much involved for anyone else to rightfully make that choice for her.
jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

I do not think abortion is ok.

It has been proven that after about 5 weeks of conception, there is a pulse coming from the fetus. Pulse=heart=life. Ever seen the movie silent scream? google it...

I do understand that accidents do happen, but one must learn to accept responsibility for ones actions.

****... it is not an accident. You don't accidentally **** another person. In that case i do not know what to tell you. Just remember that you are taking someones life before they are even born.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It has been proven that after about 5 weeks of conception, there is a pulse coming from the fetus. Pulse=heart=life.

Heart=Life? What do you make of all those organisms that don't have a heart? Life starts way before, but consciousness does not. Besides, as always, you're completely ignoring the second involved being, the one that already lives: the mother. An abortion should be performed mostly for medical reasons, that means the mother is at risk.

Just remember that you are taking someones life before they are even born.

Yeah. You better remember that every time you have sex with contraceptives. And everytime you don't have sex at all. Have a nice life bro.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

****... it is not an accident. You don't accidentally **** another person

It may not be an accident...but what about ****? The woman surely did not choose for that to happen to her. Why should she then be forced to keep that child?

Yeah. You better remember that every time you have sex with contraceptives. And everytime you don't have sex at all. Have a nice life bro.

I'm sorry...I just have to take a moment to say that that was one of the most owning arguments I've heard in an abortion discussion, I applaud you sir *crowd roars with cheers*
GAMERNATIONHD
GAMERNATIONHD
14 posts
Nomad

NO! Just imagine if you do abort you could've killed the person who cured cancer or helped world peace! Its the same as killing a kid or teen. would you do that? My qoute is " you play you play" remeber that!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

NO! Just imagine if you do abort you could've killed the person who cured cancer or helped world peace!

Or you could have killed the next Hitler
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Sure, he can be a demi-god.

1) do you know the feeling of giving a baby away? of knowing that somewher, out there, there is your child? its horrible. what would you say to him when he will find you {they mostly do}?

2) lets just say, that most of the anti-abortion belivers, are not the one who will need one. im guesing that you GAMER wont get pregnant right? and like rommney assistent let us know, its not a **** if there is no pregnancy!

the more you know!

3) you know, there a studie {Cant fint it, learnt it in socioligy lesson at high school} that showd that in 1970, when abotrion became leagly in new-york, there was a huge decreace in rating of crime. because mostly, unwanted kid will become a Scruffy kid.
When a mother feel that her child was an accident, they wont feel close to him as much if he was a part of a "normal" family. sure, in some cases, this girl, who is for sure in no situation to rise a chils, maybe because she is a student, or becasue she has no steady couple, or because she cant afford it for now, or becasue she is ill or because she dont want the child {from **** to a person she dont want as a couple}. so you belive she will still be able to give him the best she can?watch some of these hard movies on broken families, kids who cant afford going to college or even properly to school, cant afford a computer, and grow up on 'hard mode' of the life game.

I dont say that abortion is easy. Its a very hard desocion. but the one of "should i have a baby or not" is even harder.
i chalenge you to go to the supermarket {or even check in the internetz, use your google-fu} and find out the cost of diaperse. amount for a week, and baby food and things like that. now check if right now you can afford it. Now for a year. And lets not forget the proce of a hospital and the danger there {you can catch a desease very easly in a hospital. even the most clean one.

Giving birth its a hard thing. as said in the bible {"old testament"...} 'in pain you will pregnant and birth childs' {my own transaltion} genesie 3.

I say, keep the parenting to people who are ready for it. dont throw it in the face of peoples who cant handle it. it will be the baby who will suffer, even more. he and the parents. I didnt heared on a single single parent {one from the begining, not widow/er} who live the life he dreamed about, or the life he hope he could give to his child.

Let the parents be parents, not to kids themselves!
Let them have some experience, knowledge and fundness to bring a baby out of joy, and not as a part from a punishment on a single accident.
{this is why im against young age marrige too}.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

****... it is not an accident. You don't accidentally **** another person

You can have sex responsibly, using a condom and have that condom break. This of course is just one example. So yes one can get pregnant by accident.
I would think abortion to be one a responsible choice to having an unwanted pregnancy. Particularly if that pregnancy can be detrimental to carry to term.

NO! Just imagine if you do abort you could've killed the person who cured cancer or helped world peace!

Considering this would be an unwanted child if born it's far more likely they will be a burden to society than the next Einstein or Gandhi. but since we are speaking of depriving potential are you also concerned want a guy masturbates that the potential for the next world saving human has been lost? Or when a woman menstruates and the egg she was carrying that could have been fertilized is flushed out of her body?

and like rommney assistent let us know, its not a **** if there is no pregnancy!

The legitimate **** comment came from Todd Akins, not Mitt Romney. Though Romney has been saying some pretty stupid stuff lately.
Skestork
Skestork
7 posts
Jester

I certainly hope all those opposed to abortion are radical vegetarians - if not they are unbelievably hypocritical. Earlier in this thread someone actually wrote &quotulse=heart=life" - I hope he isn't seriously using that as an argument but just in case he is: Pulse=heart=life AND pulse=sonar=submarine ergo submarine=life. Thus it is wrong to kill submarines since they are living creatures... Do you spot the fallacy in your logic.

Strange thing is - in the USA where they have a heated debate about abortion and have the &quotro-life" movement (those guys' spin-doctors deserve a ****ing medal) they also have twice the number of abortions per capita compared to countries like Denmark or the Netherlands where there is hardly any debate about wether abortion should be legal or not. Then again, most developed countries encourage the practice of safe sex regardless of what ancient books or feudal-patriarchical notions of the nuclear family decrees and may not be comparable to the USA.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Pulse=heart=life AND pulse=sonar=submarine ergo submarine=life. Thus it is wrong to kill submarines since they are living creatures... Do you spot the fallacy in your logic.

Pretty sure that would be in context to a heart beat. So not really that great of a counter argument, unless you were trying to be funny.

As for the developing fetus being alive or not, I will agree that it is alive. Though by basic definitions of life so are sperm and eggs. What needs to be considered is person hood which I don't think has develop at such early stages of development when most abortions take place.
Showing 151-165 of 867