ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278082
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

it's first breath.
that's what the Chinese think.

Now I don't thin that people should just do it, but they should think about it because if they decide they want to keep the child half way through then well.. sorry your not getting it back.
you make a good point. although you might convey a different thing to a different person but basically, every time you get an abortion, you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

every time you get an abortion, you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.

Every time you get an abortion, you may have just aborted a murderer, rapist, dictator, or drug addict.

"What ifs" are horrible arguments.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Should abortions be legal procedures for doctors to perform? yes.
Should they be covered by medical insurance? It depends. I think that if it's ****, the abortion is justified. If the fetus is threatening the life of the mother, then yes. If it's a broken condom, then I think that the condom manufacturer should be held responsible for making an awful condom. Anything else should not be covered by medical insurance, because it's not necessary.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

that's what the Chinese think.

So now you're adding the Chinese to the list of "wrong people too?

you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.

Or you could have saved the world from another Hitler. No argument can be proven. Best not to dwell on a possibility, it will eat you from the inside out.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Every time you get an abortion, you may have just aborted a murderer, rapist, dictator, or drug addict.
most people are good people, not what you mentioned.

So now you're adding the Chinese to the list of "wrong people too?
I didn't say that, if I did, I would have to add everyone to the list of "wrong people." The Chinese will be willing to abort any baby, that isn't per-approved by the government, until it takes its first breath.

Or you could have saved the world from another Hitler.
why do people always make a big deal about Hitler, he wasn't the worst dictator ever, but he is the only one people will mention.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

most people are good people, not what you mentioned.

So? Neither of us can prove either way what would have happened if not aborted. There could have been a miscarriage. It might have got sick and died before age 3. It may have been hit by a car. We can't say.

Hitler

Godwin's law.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Chances aren't valid arguments, because of what they are - chances. What is your reason to say that an abortion could have killed a miracle child? If you hope that it will become a miracle child, then you're most definitely gonna be frustrated. If you don't then why use that argument?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Chances aren't valid arguments, because of what they are - chances. What is your reason to say that an abortion could have killed a miracle child?
no, i hope it will be a person.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Which it will, if it isn't aborted naturally. Since it will become a person like any other, it has no special claim to existence. So if it is threatening the mothers health, there is no special reason not to abort. Right?
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Which it will, if it isn't aborted naturally. Since it will become a person like any other, it has no special claim to existence. So if it is threatening the mothers health, there is no special reason not to abort. Right?

That does make a lot of sense. Also, there are too many humans, and each one added only makes the planet worse, so if they're nothing special, can't we abort a lot more for the good of the planet?

(Not trying to belittle your argument HahiHa, legitimate post)
jimbol
jimbol
2 posts
Nomad

in my view no. abortion is not ok.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

look man, your argument is basically as pointless as trying to hold water with a strainer, and just as hard to accomplish. you are using "what if", which is a terrible argument style (almost as bad as afterburner's little stunt where he tried to put words in our mouths). while you deal in possibilities, the rest of us will deal in facts, and one fact is that the "worshiped tumor's" wellfare is up to the mother. if the mother doesn't want a tumor to grow into something much worse, then it is her right to get rid of it. abortion is like chemo, it's the patient's descision as to whether or not the procedure should be done.

-Blade
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So you are saying, that as long as your mother has custody over you, see has the right to kill you, just go where ever you are and make your body shut down?

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

ee has the right to kill you, just go where ever you are and make your body shut down?

No, but while your not-quite sentient, sure.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

So you are saying, that as long as your mother has custody over you, see has the right to kill you, just go where ever you are and make your body shut down?

No.

Here's the differences:

1) The mother is sentient. She is aware of what is going on. She has connections to other people. She has to take care of the child.

2) The fetus/baby is unable to survive outside of the mother.

3) The fetus/baby isn't aware. It is a mass of cells that are developing into a person, but are not yet one.

If the mother's life is going to be ruined by having that child, or made substantially harder by it, or just plain not wanted, why should she not be able to make that choice for herself and not have that child? It is not yet its own person, it is attached and growing inside the mother's body. You make the argument that it can be a person. So can just a single ovum/sperm, except they are one step shorter. Is it murder to menstruate? No. So why are you calling it murder when that mass of cells is a few weeks further along?
Showing 76-90 of 867