ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278430
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You're all sounding like Amish... 'we don't want of these modern things, we need to go through the hard path to reach salvation'. Gosh... do you even realize what it means for a teen to become mother? You can't do that to them; they made a mistake if they didn't use contraceptions, but is it really the best thing to use a pregnancy as educational punishment? No, certainly not.

Do you know what happens when people aren't allowed to abort? They either hide their pregnancy with thight bandages, misforming the foetus on the occasion, and abandon the baby afterwards if it survived. Or they abort using unprofessional help and means, which is certainly not the healthiest thing to do. You really want that?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If you're either stupid enough to avoid either or then maybe a baby is what you need in order to make you responsible. Especially teenagers.

Or they can receive education on the matter to learn how to be responsible.

Teen pregnancy rates are through the roof and I'm just sitting here like.. WHY?

Interestingly enough the places with the highest teenage pregnancy rates are where they push for abstinence only programs and/or don't educate the kids in school. So these high rates we are seeing are likely the result of poor education on the matter.
Teen Pregnancies Highest In States With Abstinence-Only Policies

Abortion is just a coward's way out of your own mistake. The ONLY exception where I say abortion is understandable is if the female was ***** and that was the result. That's it.

What of situations where they take precautions and the condom fails? Or they find that carrying the child to term could cost them their life? Or being a teenager they can't give the child a proper life and if the aborted they could grow up more and put themselves in a position where they could properly take care of a child?

Getting away from teen pregnancy what of someone who is already a mother funds them self pregnant again and they can't afford to have another child. This would cost multiple people a good life.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Let's take this from the Guild of Engineers' point of view;
Finding 1. The fetus has nor thoughts, conscience, or ability to understand
Finding 2. The fetus' only state is "alive, heart beating" no other levels of life are detected
Finding 3. The woman carrying this baby does not want it/cannot take care of it/is in mortal danger if the baby is born
Conclusion;
Killing the fetus is beneficial and has nothing to do with our morals.

The Engineers' Guild are cold, emotionless beings, but [i]I[i][b] support aborton, and I'm an emotional person. You cannot let your foolish sentiments get in the way of facts.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Woah.
That was a bad error of bold. Sorry for the random arrangement of bold and un-bold.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If the baby will kill the mother, then i will concede, but only if both will die, if the baby will live, no abortion.

Teen pregnancy rates are through the roof and I'm just sitting here like.. WHY?
because they are stupid and think it is cool to have sex with everyone else in the school of the opposite sex.

p.s. they also like to draw their sexual organs on every page of every book.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If the baby will kill the mother, then i will concede, but only if both will die, if the baby will live, no abortion.

The mother may want to give birth to the baby anyway, because of emotional issues and such. But if she doesn't want to, you cannot force her to sacrifice herself.

because they are stupid and think it is cool to have sex with everyone else in the school of the opposite sex.

One more reason to educate them properly about safe sex instead of trying to shield them from something they'll do anyway.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The mother may want to give birth to the baby anyway, because of emotional issues and such. But if she doesn't want to, you cannot force her to sacrifice herself.
It just seems to me that good people would be willing to sacrifice themselves for the younger generation.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Jacen, I'm going to cut to the point here.

If you're a woman and you want to die for that, you can make that choice.

You do not get to make that choice for others.

No, it's because naive idealist idiots don't realize that human nature isn't something that someone who isn't even 20 years old yet can ignore, much less change. Trying to do so is like trying to tame a T-rex with a cookie, and then being surprised when the T-rex eats the envoy and so they instead send more envoys with cookies.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

p.s. they also like to draw their sexual organs on every page of every book.

What are you, 10? I saw maybe once someone in high school drawing breasts, and it was a freshman at the start of the year. People -do- grow up (usually) but until they do, you want to let one tiny mistake ruin their lives? That's insane.

It just seems to me that good people would be willing to sacrifice themselves for the younger generation.

Okay Jacen, try to imagine this.

You're a 16 year old girl, an honors student. There's a boy you really like, and one night you end up alone with him. You're making out, and eventually you end up having sex. You find out in a bit that you're pregnant. You don't know what to do at first, eventually you ask maybe your friends or your parents or look online. At some point, your parents find out, and at another point you end up at the doctor's office. Now, you don't really -want- to "kill" your child. No, why would you? However, having a child means becoming a social enigma, having to take care of it, support it financially when you're not out of school, deal with it through the finish of high school (If you can, there's a reason it's called the 'terrible twos' and then go off to college if you want any kind of moderately good paying job. Further, you find that you may be at risk of death due to some complication at birth, or that the baby may not even survive afterwards.

OR, you could get an abortion, walk out of the clinic on your own two feet right after, finish high school, go to college perhaps, get married if you want and then have a child when you're ready if you want to.

If you choose to saddle yourself with that insane, humongous, unnecessary burden that could possibly kill you and ruin your life, that's your choice. You do NOT get to make that sort of choice for anyone else though.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

If you choose to saddle yourself with that insane, humongous, unnecessary burden that could possibly kill you and ruin your life, that's your choice.

Good lord, man. It's a CHILD. If with the right person, it's a blessing. Quit being irrational and acting like it's simply a ticking time bomb that'll eventually be the death of you. I know plenty of teenage girls that have unintentionally gotten pregnant, but then manned up, took responsibility for their actions, and took it as a blessing instead of a curse, which you seem to claim it would be.

Truth be told, it all depends on the situation. I still believe the majority of the time, it's just teenagers being irresponsibly stupid and not using safe sex. Having a child isn't the end of the world for teenage girls. If you can't financially or willingly take care of one, be smarter while having sex. It's that simple.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Good lord, man. It's a CHILD. If with the right person, it's a blessing. Quit being irrational and acting like it's simply a ticking time bomb that'll eventually be the death of you. I know plenty of teenage girls that have unintentionally gotten pregnant, but then manned up, took responsibility for their actions, and took it as a blessing instead of a curse, which you seem to claim it would be.

Yeah. Afterwards. They come to terms with their situation and make the best out of it. But their adolescence is still gone, and even though a child is not a curse, it certainly is a big change in your life and I find it inhuman to decide such a change for somebody else. The pregnancy itself is already shocking enough for a teenager; no need to hurl a baby in her arms.

It's that simple.

Nothing is simple, or else there'd be no debate.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

be smarter while having sex. It's that simple.

Even if you are smart while having sex, there are still many cases of condoms breaking. All I know about this thing is that people should have the choice whether they want to abort a baby or not. This country was founded on freedoms of choices. If a mother wants to abort a baby, then she should have that choice.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Having a child isn't the end of the world for teenage girls.

It sure is the end of their teenage world. They would have to become more mature way to fast to deal with the situation, which would also have negative impacts on their social skills thereafter.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

What are you, 10? I saw maybe once someone in high school drawing breasts, and it was a freshman at the start of the year. People -do- grow up (usually) but until they do, you want to let one tiny mistake ruin their lives? That's insane.
really, because where i go i see the drawings all the time, not the drawers, just the drawings.

You're a 16 year old girl, an honors student. There's a boy you really like, and one night you end up alone with him. You're making out, and eventually you end up having sex.
I am a male catholic and i am not interested in having sex until i get married. The only thing in that paragraph that could remotely happen, is the honors student, because i am taking ap classes.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I am a male catholic and i am not interested in having sex until i get married. The only thing in that paragraph that could remotely happen, is the honors student, because i am taking ap classes.

This answer shows how little empathic capacity you possess. It also explains why you think everyone could simply stop having sex.

You were asked to imagine the situation, not comment on how probable it is that it matches you personally.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Quit being irrational and acting like it's simply a ticking time bomb that'll eventually be the death of you

He is as rational as if he was in the Guild.

I am a male catholic and i am not interested in having sex until i get married.

In the words of Long John Silver;
"Sometimes, plans go astray..."

Also, do you get the idea of rhetoric? He was placing you in the shoes of one of the people your religion's beliefs can affect.
For the 10th time;
WHAT SHE DOES IS NOT YOUR CHOICE
You know what I'd find amusing? You as a teenage girl who is pregnant. That oughtta change your mind.
Showing 121-135 of 867