ForumsThe TavernFake comments

15 1959
Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

I have seen some comments that will ask you to do stuff and put it on different games. I don't beleave these.

• 15 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Those are called chain letters and are not allowed. If you see one, report it to a mod and include the following information:

-The user that made the chain letter, possibly with a link to that user's profile
-A link to the game or profile where the chain letter is
-The text of the chain letter

Soul99
Soul99
91 posts
Farmer

Finally i know what to do. They're so many...

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

-The text of the chain letter

Have you been told directly to put the entire text there?
Because it is rather annoying to look at, and should a moderator investigate, they can easily find the post from the user's name.
Not to mention putting in the entire text means that a legit comment has been made with the content, thus it won't be removed, and anyone will still be able to see it, go 'oooooh' and start using it again.

Anyway, yes, they're annoying, but they are being removed as fast as possible, and the users that post them won't be able to post anything for a while.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

i hate them and total fake bullcrap ever see the one about the dead girl

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Have you been told directly to put the entire text there?

It's not specifically instructed, but it's popular for such a report to include the text. Besides, the chain letter poster might then make a non-chain post to protect the chain letter from deletion by hiding it. Including the text removes this protection by letting a mod know what text to look for rather than just any comment by that user.

Because it is rather annoying to look at, and should a moderator investigate, they can easily find the post from the user's name.

See above.

Not to mention putting in the entire text means that a legit comment has been made with the content, thus it won't be removed, and anyone will still be able to see it, go 'oooooh' and start using it again.

You have just assumed that the mods are stupid. Including the text of a chain letter does not mean that the comment to be deleted should not be deleted. It is there to prevent such users from hiding their chain letters with actual comments.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You have just assumed that the mods are stupid.

What does your 'If I don't include the text, then they might miss the comment' then imply, I wonder?

Including the text of a chain letter does not mean that the comment to be deleted should not be deleted.

You are misunderstanding.
Your reports come with a complete copy of the chain letter. A complete copy that is easy to find on a mod's profile.

Also, do trust me that mods don't stop at the first, the best comment if they are looking for reported content. (Not to mention I have yet to see one of the dimwits posting a chain-letter trying to disguise their comment in any conscious way, because they think it's not a completely dimwitted thing to do...)
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Guys stop sending these to the mods, how do you think they are spreading?

The mods see them and are like "O good golly! I don't want Jesus to think I don't love him! I better re post this!"

And the cycle repeats.....

Soul99
Soul99
91 posts
Farmer

When i see a spammer, i just report it. "Say the name of your mom"
Are you kidding me? Why would i copy and paste the comment!It's RIDICULOUS!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ignore, move on and wait for a mod to clear it on one of his sad sad deleting sprees....Why do people even bother reporting? They're so ubiquitous and multifarious that reporting does jack **** in the long run...

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

They're so ubiquitous and multifarious that reporting does jack **** in the long run...

This may be the greatest sentence I've seen posted on any AG thread. "Multifarious", what a great word!
Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

Thanks patrick! Now I know what to do!

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ohh I've seen those ones I actually was gonna try it but ive been using the iPad so I can't copy and paste so does it really work or is it a waste of time ?

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

ive seen some of them too

Runner234
Runner234
1 posts
Nomad

[i]They are totally fake. If they we're real they wouldn't post it on the internet. They would use it in [b] Real Life.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Their stupid. I feel for a few in my younger years. I think the people who start them need lives.

Showing 1-15 of 15