ForumsThe Tavernquestionable choices when being robbed

16 2748
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

when being robbed do you ever wonder hmm should i use this ridicuolesly large 0 gauge shotgun or this 3 inch letter opener to defend myself i certainly have and in a situation like that have you ever made the wrong choice

• 16 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

hmm should i use this ridicuolesly large 0 gauge shotgun or this 3 inch letter opener to defend myself

I have never been robbed or mugged, and if I ever am, I probably wouldn't be carrying around a shotgun or a letter opener, and I doubt if the guy who is robbing you will let you have a choice.

i certainly have

Sure you have.

in a situation like that have you ever made the wrong choice

Most people are not walking around with a shotgun and a letter opener for self defense purposes. In a situation like that, it is best to give the guy whatever he wants, or let him take whatever he wants. Let the police deal with it.

Also, I don't recommend trolling... You can get banned for that.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

what do you mean trolling ive seen that but i dont know what it means anyway i do understand what your saying but lets face it this thing is just a joke sooooooooo get my point though

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

If I had a 0 gauge shotgun, I would use it if I was being robbed, though only an idiot would try to rob someone carrying a shotgun. It would depend what the other guy has if I just had a letter opener. In most situations, I wouldn't use it, but in some, I'd be very sneaky about it.

As far as trolling goes, learn the internet, xeano321.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

also i dont think hes from a state where its more dangerous to mug someone then to get mugged

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Josh we both remember the time we fought off that wolf pack with a 2 inch letter opener and a can of artichokes so I feel that the 3 inch might be overkill.

I've never made this type of wrong decision, but I did once choose to set my pants on fire because I was cold.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The title of this thread needs to be revised a bit.

questionable choices when being robbed of punctuation

That's better.

Most people are not walking around with a shotgun and a letter opener for self defense purposes.

Which is what makes it so easy for muggers to do their job these days. You're practically asking to be mugged if you aren't carrying at least one of those things.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

well i dont know about you guys, but i never leave home without my lightsaber. its been very helpful recently. their was a guy beating an old lady and he was all like "gimmie yo money" and i walked over and stabbed the old lady and we split the cash. another time a guy tried to mug me and hes like "gimme yo muney!!" and im like "**** no!" and i stabbed him. life is good when you have a lightsaber.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Well, here's a tip: Don't take out a gun in a fight at close quarters, you'll lose it and get shot yourself. Almost happened to me, but i had a second gun, which was my more trusty revolver.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Which is what makes it so easy for muggers to do their job these days. You're practically asking to be mugged if you aren't carrying at least one of those things.

If someone sees you walking through a park with a shotgun under your arm, they are probably going to call the police, and you will get in trouble for having it with you while in a park. Also, I fail to see as to how a three inch letter opener is going to effective against a guy holding a handgun on you.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

their was a guy beating an old lady and he was all like "gimmie yo money"

Why in both cases did the muggers sound uneducated?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Why in both cases did the muggers sound uneducated?

All the educated muggers work for the banks now. They know that they can't get into any real trouble no matter how much of your money they steal.
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

If someone is holding a weapon and they rob you, how crazy do they have to be to kill you over a couple dollars? If I was a robber, it wouldn't be worth years of imprisonment to kill someone for a little bit of money.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Josh we both remember the time we fought off that wolf pack with a 2 inch letter opener and a can of artichokes so I feel that the 3 inch might be overkill.

Well yeah, Yeah. No one ever mentioned artichokes. I'm like popeye with that ****.
deliciousllamas
deliciousllamas
7 posts
Nomad

This just happens to be one of the questions I find myself asking most, except for "what should I have for brekfast?"

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

well, who would go for the letter opener anyways?

Showing 1-15 of 16