ForumsThe TavernBasketball

29 3856
Major101
Major101
26 posts
Farmer

I am okay at it almost beat a travel team member. Know how to do variety of tricks such as between the legs lay up, crossover, double between the legs, figure 8, behind the back and more. Position small forward

• 29 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

so I learned early on to never allow myself to get a score of 17.

The way I always played, 13 and 20 would set you back to 0 and 13, respectively, and not 17.

I'm pretty good at shooting in basketball, ok at dribbling but I'm pretty fast, except I'm WAY short... Ernie could probably block me every time unless I faked him out xD

My Free Throw are slightly at about 75%.

Wow that's good. Mine is around 60%. On a good day.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The way I always played, 13 and 20 would set you back to 0 and 13, respectively, and not 17.

The way I always played, if you made a shot that gave you a total score of 19 or 20, you wouldn't be reset unless you missed a free-throw after that. Since there's no way to get a score of 17 and go straight to 21 without taking chances with free-throws, I always made sure never to get exactly 17.

except I'm WAY short... Ernie could probably block me every time unless I faked him out

I'm easy to fake out. My physical reflexes are great but my mental reaction time has slowed down over the years.

However, I can still easily block anyone under six feet tall without having to move very much.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

You guys have some pretty high field goal percentages! Mine is probably around... 20 percent! =P

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

I'm not very good at basketball. It's fun to watch, but I prefer playing lower-energy sports like baseball or bowling.
I don't know if I've ever made a three-pointer in my life except maybe out of sheer luck.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

A field goal is just a scored basket.

Thanks Ernie.

I didn't know that either until I looked it up.

Glad to see I didn't make myself look stupid.
phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

i love basketball and im pretty good positoin shooting gaurd

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Basketball is awesome. I play PG, and I love getting inside and laying it in off the backboard Russell Westbrook style. I am also pretty good at stealing the ball, but I need to work on my dribble moves, because they're pretty lame.

victor520
victor520
39 posts
Peasant

Basketball is okay, I am fairly good at it and is pretty fun.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I like to play, it's my favorite sport to play, but I'm not too good at it. I take good shots, but they don't go in that often. My defense is alright, but not great. It's a fun sport to play.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I was playing B-ball yesterday and i hit a kid in the eye with my elbow or my shoulder I'm not sure.

DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

love and i am also really good at it

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I play PG. I dribble between my legs and sort of do a behind the back move, but it isn't perfect. My best hot is the pull-up jumper.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i think basketball is ok, i rather play football, though. if i knew more about basketball i would probably like the team closest to philidelphia.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I prefer football for watching, as for playing. I am horrible, as I make probably 30-40 percent of my shots, and I have horrible stamina.

Showing 16-29 of 29