ForumsThe TavernThe Random Fact Thread

3 1271
KingOfRandomFacts
KingOfRandomFacts
2 posts
Nomad

Come one come all and welcome to my random fact thread. As you can tell I am the King of Random Facts and I am here to entertain you all with my reservoir my pointless knowledge. Now lets start this off nicely with a few facts.

1. If Jell-O is hooked up to an EEG, it registers movements virtually identical to the brain waves of a healthy adult.

2. It takes approximately 144 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

3. Ghyti can be pronounced fish. Using the gh from "enough" the y from "rhyme" and the ti from "addtion".

4. According to the film's animators, you'll see 6,469,952 back spots every time you watch "101 Dalmatians".

5. On average a Twinkie will explode after 45 seconds in a microwave.

6. The number of cricket chirps you count in a 15 second interval plus 37 will tell you the current air temperature.

7. Each year 96 billion pounds of food is wasted in the U.S.

8. In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans annually.

• 3 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

9. This type of thread has been locked in the past.

10. There is a hacker called lulztech.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Okay, didn't want to reply, but well.

9. This type of thread has been locked in the past.

Because people are morons. There is nothing wrong with the thread itself. Just the people posting stuff that they copy/pasted, or that isn't actually facts.
Or start spamming.

10. There is a hacker called lulztech.

Read that thread, I don't think it was confirmed that that was the name of the "hacker". Otherwise, people would most likely not be arguing the name of the "hacker", nor defending the crew named Lulztech.

Uh, Did You Know is a fairly interesting Tumblr, which cites its sources for its facts.
Might be slightly NSFW considering it is stating facts.
KingOfRandomFacts
KingOfRandomFacts
2 posts
Nomad

11. My facts are from a variety of sources, mostly books. If you think one is false tell me I'll enjoy the bit of research.

12. An olive tree can live up to 1500 years.

Showing 1-3 of 3