ForumsThe Tavern2012 NFL Season

16 2147
masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

This thread is for your thoughts on the coming NFL season. Who will win and who will lose? Put it down here.

• 16 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I want the 49ers to win the Super Bowl. They obtained more and better weapons on offense. Let's see how Alex Smith can do. Peyton Manning is back, I'm eager to see what he can do.

One team I think is underrated, is the Rams. Bradford had a good first season. The second year was all injuries. I think they can rebound and stay under the radar.

masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

I think the Cleveland Browns are underrated. Trent Richardson should have a good season.

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

I have a couple teams I plan on watching closely.

The Seahawks are my sleeper team of the year. They have a really good secondary, Marshawn Lynch is a beast, and a fairly good wide receiver corps. This is going to come down to their quarterback situation and how well they perform at that position.

The teams I expect to take the biggest fall this year are the Saints and the Ravens. Not only have to Saints not fully recovered from the bounty ordeals, they are dealing with player suspensions now, and Drew Brees is not a happy camper with the franchise tag. Look for this team to hit a few roadblocks on the way to repeating their success of last season. The Ravens D is old, coupled with the fact that Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles. Ray Rice is another player who isnt happy he got tagged, and Flacco is, well, Flacco. When they rely on the pass, they lose. I look to see these 2 teams fall out of their dominance this year.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I think the Steelers, sadly, are going to drop this year. Hines Ward retired, their defense is getting old, and they haven't resolved their issues with the offensive line. If Big Ben can keep healthy then they should do allright.

And as Vinster said, the Rams really ought to be watched. Bradford had a stellar first season for a rookie and with what he had, and if he can stay healthy they should do pretty well. I also think the Jets should be watched. Not so much that they'll do great, but I'm really curious to see what Tebow does their and if he can replicate the success he had with the Broncos. It's no secret that the Jets aren't happy with Sanchez's slump after the year before, so I wonder how much he's going to touch the pigskin.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS!!!

i love the texans
last year was supposed to be their year but cuz of injuries but they will win this year
schuab is back now
johnson and foster are ready
they got their draft picks
and yates will be ready to back schuab up

does anyone else like the texans

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

I love the Texans, they are my home team, but I feel they have a few small holes. Depth at corner is a real issue. They lost Jason Allen in the free agency and Kareem Jackson has gotten better, but has not performed like a first round pick. Their entire right side of the offensive line left in free agency, but I feel like they solved it through the draft. They will probably experience some growing pains there but it will ultimately shape up to continue being one of the best lines in football. The wide reciever issue is never as bad as people make it out to be. Aside from AJ, they have Owen Daniels and Foster that are great recieving threats, and James Casey performing in a hybrid role will always garner mismatches. There is plenty of potential in our young reciever corps, and I feel that either Devier Posey or Lestar Jean could step up and take over the No. 2 job towards the end of the season. If they stay healthy, this will be the team to beat in the AFC.

masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

I love the Browns and Lions. The Lions could be overrated, but the Browns are underrated. Trent Richardson should be better than Peyton Hillis was last year, and Brandon Weeden might be better than Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace. In the coming season it looks like Calvin Johnson will have a better season than he did last year. Weeden should start Week 1 for the Browns and then they should be able to beat the Eagles.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Bengals have it haha. Not really, but one can always hope!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Well the Seahawks are my favorite team but I don't know how well they will do. I have heard from my grandfather that the Bucs got a good draft so maybe they will have a good year. With the Saints pretty much out of it they have a shot.

I would like to see how the Broncos and the Colts do. The Colts got rid of many of their players and are in the process of rebuilding their team. The Broncos have Manning, who will just get injured again and be out for the season but if he doesn't then it will be interesting to see how they do.

And the Jets have Tebow. Tebow is not that great of a football player but I don't know how he will do. Maybe this will be his breakout season or something. You just never know.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well I'm sad because Tomlinson is retiring so I'm going to root for my family's team ( browns ) they have McCoy but hes not great even if they get RG3 they pry won't do so well but they have Peyton Hillis he's good and they're punt returner/kick returner is also a wide reciever and he's pretty good but that's all the browns have

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

[quoteI think the Cleveland Browns are underrated. Trent Richardson should have a good season.
[/quote]
Richardson is a RB and a Rookie at that. the Browns won 4 games last season, but they do have some potential. However I do not think that is enough to even be a playoff contender. They need atleast 3 more years of rebuilding to make it farther then the Wild Card round. However, yes I think they have a chance (eventually).

I, myself am a Cardinals fan, and I know that we suck, and have since Kurt Warner left us but Larry Fitzgerald will be open more since drafting Michael Floyd which might get us into the playoffs. If Kolb stays strong... Big If I know.

I am also a Patriots and Packers fan so I think those two teams will face off in the Superbowl. However the 49ers have a huge chance to knock out the Packers.

I think the Saints don't stand as a big threat next season after Goodell pretty much tore apart their defense.

If Big Ben can keep healthy then they should do allright.

After drafting David DeCastro out of Stanford I think that is a huge move towards keeping him healthy. But yes, Losing Hines Ward was a big hit.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Wow! The Browns have a very wide following here! Mah home team! Well both the Browns and the Bengals are technically...

Speaking of that I think the Bengals have the best chance to win their division with Dalton and Green lighting it up. Browns HOPEFULLY at least don't get last for the 5th time in a row =(

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I, myself am a Cardinals fan, and I know that we suck, and have since Kurt Warner left us but Larry Fitzgerald will be open more since drafting Michael Floyd which might get us into the playoffs. If Kolb stays strong... Big If I know.

If the Cardinals grabbed Peyton Manning. They would be a really big threat to their division and it puts more pressure on the 49ers. But too bad they didn't.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Wow, it's like people forgot the giants won or something. I myself, being a giants fan, was extremely happy with last season. I'm don't think they will do as good as they did again, but hey anythings possible.

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

The Giants may have won the Superbowl, but I still do not believe they were the best team in the 2011 season.

Showing 1-15 of 16