ForumsThe TavernWhy are Mods on in the middle of the night?

16 2272
masterperson
masterperson
107 posts
Nomad

I was wondering what do Moderators have to do in like 2 AM?
They are on that time, aren't they?

• 16 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

it just amazes me how many people say "this time" "at night" "in the morning" and totaly forgeting this is the internet and we all come from different places. while it is 00:42 over here it might me noon at your place. i dont know much about the mods but im sure they all have better things to do at such hours and that being a mod doesnt need you to be on ALL the time. it would be smart to choose mods from different places because of time zones but since this isnt a live chat and you can take care of the problems some time after they start that isnt even necesairy.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

mods are chained to desks in the basement of the Armor games building. 2 AM is when they clear game comment spam.....If they want breakfast anyways

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The moderators are selected from different timezones, so as they can guard the Keep of Armor Games most closely, day and night at any place in the world. Do not be the stereotypical American who thinks his/hers is the only possible country out there. If you do not believe me, refer to Scrivener's Moon by Philip Reeve, or look at you local world map. This map, I am proud to say, has multiple countries on it. Overseas. Away from the US. In different timezones.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Because they have insomnia, and things to do during the day. also it's always daytime somewhere. Also vampire hunters must be awake at all times.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Zophia - Denmark
Strop - Australia
Walker/Frank/Gantic/Asher(?)/Nemo - USA
Voidy - Vatican(?)

Answered I hope....

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Answered I hope....

You're all wrong. Clearly they were up late in order to sneak cookies from the jar and just happened to pass the computer on their way back.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Voidy - Vatican(?)

Voidy is a dragon. One day he might be in the Vatican, the next he might be in South Africa. You cannot really pin him to one place.
They are on that time, aren't they?

Too expand on this, AG time is the same as EST(Eastern Standard Time). No they are not all on this time. Actually I only know of 1 that is. Also none of the admins are on this time. But I know some of my friends that will be up until the crazy hours of the morning, so they might have just felt like posting then.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Boggles the mind, the lack of common sense people have.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well I don't know theyre on in my middle of the night but they might not be for others or they're bizzurk lol did I spell that right ?

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Do not be the stereotypical American who thinks his/hers is the only possible country out there.

do not be the sterotypical guy from britan who likes to blame American becuase of idiots.

anyway,another thing though is it is not usually a good idea to post on a bunch of mods messngers hoping that one of them will be on. this tends to piss them off,alot. if you really have a problem go to the moderators that are usually one once or twice a day.these moderators tend to be freakenstien and deviodless.the other mods are active but voidy and freakenstien are the "most active" A.K.A they are on usually when killersup is on.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Do not be the stereotypical American who thinks his/hers is the only possible country out there.

do not be the sterotypical guy from britan who likes to blame American becuase of idiots.

anyway,another thing though is it is not usually a good idea to post on a bunch of mods messngers hoping that one of them will be on. this tends to piss them off,alot. if you really have a problem go to the moderators that are usually one once or twice a day.these moderators tend to be freakenstien and deviodless.the other mods are active but voidy and freakenstien are the "most active" A.K.A they are on usually when killersup is on.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Some people don't have common sense. You shouldn't blame them for not having it.
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

im american and your all insulting me

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

im american and your all insulting me

You're*

I'm an American as well, and I don't find correct stereotypes about people I live around offensive. It never occurred to the poster that there are different time zones other than where they live.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I just find it hilarious that I never realized how true the things people say about Americans are.

Showing 1-15 of 16