ForumsSupport ForumIn-game Login Issues? [Solved]

57 12428
joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Some players have been reporting some in-game login issues, specifically the login panel appearing for a split second before it disappears completely. With the help of some of our users we believe the issue has to do with the DNS of some internet service providers. It's tough to tell if this is the same issue for everybody, but it seems the most likely. Most issues might come from a flaky internet connection, but for some it may be DNS related.

A quick check would be to visit this webpage and if you receive an error then you may be affected.

We've setup a GetSatisfaction page that lists how to check if it's your DNS and possible fixes.

For users affected, let us know if this helped you at all below. Or feel free to contact me at joey+login@armorgames.com.

• 57 Replies
lew112
lew112
17 posts
Nomad

I have bad connection in my area yet i can do in game logins and actually be able to play.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

Since I can't change the DNS settings at my work I guess I won't be able to play the games here at work anymore. Oh well. Maybe I'll get more work done... LOL

tanelorn007
tanelorn007
6 posts
Peasant

You seem to have fixed the issue: I can access your service and I just logged in to Gemcraft.

I didn't have to change my DNS settings. The change you made at your end was enough.

I'll keep reporting if the issue comes back

czezz
czezz
3 posts
Nomad

Same here. Didnt change DNS and it works since last night. Previously I had to do SSH Tunel.
Thanks!

ultraflare
ultraflare
1 posts
Nomad

This is [/b]BAD

ssgt
ssgt
1 posts
Nomad

The DNS-Change worked !!!! Great !!! Thanks 4 the tip!!!

GregoriusMagnus
GregoriusMagnus
2 posts
Nomad

Hi!

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I could not resolve it yet. The above mentioned test page shows me no error at all.

"You are able to access
Armor Games services!"

that is what I have with thumbs up. But it still does not work. It is not even DNS related since I can log in from another computer from the exact same network. Uses the exact same DNS service via a router. I am totally helpless. I even emptied browser cache and Flash Global storage cache.

Does anyone have any other suggestion regarding this problem?

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

@GregoriusMagnus: As I experienced, I can reach the services url in 15-20% of the time with my unstable DNS. Please be sure you can login anytime from different machines under the same IP. And restart the browsers for every test, because the games can initiate the Premium content right at the swf start, not in the ingame menu. And as I tested, different browsers can handle this connection differently...

I still believe the bug is this.
Here, it haven't worked for ~3 hours now, but worked quite well in the last 12 hours.

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

*under the same IP = under the same DNS

GregoriusMagnus
GregoriusMagnus
2 posts
Nomad

Thanx for the reply ifju.

Now it finally works!

I tell you what I did.
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
netsh int ip reset
regsvr32 softpub.dll
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh interface ip delete arpcache

After this it finally gave me the error when trying to open the test page. Before that it wouldn't.

Then I changed one of my DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8 and test page worked again. I even got granted access to game login.
Thankx for the help!

Scheumi
Scheumi
4 posts
Peasant

yeah i can play the armor games with an other dns, BUT when u change ur dns than u can have probs with other online games or progs, for example, i change my dns to 8.8.8.8/10.10.10.10 and the game login worked, but i cant play League of legends
( LoL need 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 )!!!
The change of the dns are not a solution, pls find a other way.

Sorry for my english!!

Eville1987
Eville1987
4 posts
Nomad

It's nice to know that it has something to do with DNS.
But i'm in a building and don't manage my own internet connection.
Therefor i can't change the DNS that the router uses to lookup the domain.
Maybe another fix is needed so everyone can enjoy the game!

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

I need to agree with the above 2 posts. Not all of us have access to the routers we use and as stated in Scheumi's post, this "fix" causes new issues on the end user side. So not really a "fix" at all.

Until a week or two ago I nor anyone else had any issues. So what changed? Why all of a sudden are we all having this issue?

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

That's what's weird about this whole login issue, nothing changed on our end two weeks ago. Nothing had changed for several months prior to this issue. If we knew what it was we would easily fix it. Plus if it was on our end entirely, far more users would be affected.

We just happened to notice that for certain users, DNS was the main issue. It may not be the same issue for everyone though, hence why visiting that page that I posted is a good test to see if you are having DNS issues. If you are able to visit that page without error but are still getting the login issue, then something else is happening and we still need to investigate.

It looks as if GregoriusMagnus had this same issue and was able to fix it.

@Eville1987 & @uspatriotsf, when you visit the page I mentioned, do you get an error? If not, email me at joey+login@armorgames.com and I'll work with you to find out what's happening on your system that's preventing you from logging in.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

Joeybetz - Unfortunately I do get the error "Oops! Google Chrome could not find services.armorgames.com" so I assume it is a DNS issue. Bummer.

Showing 1-15 of 57