ForumsSupport ForumIn-game Login Issues? [Solved]

57 12426
joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Some players have been reporting some in-game login issues, specifically the login panel appearing for a split second before it disappears completely. With the help of some of our users we believe the issue has to do with the DNS of some internet service providers. It's tough to tell if this is the same issue for everybody, but it seems the most likely. Most issues might come from a flaky internet connection, but for some it may be DNS related.

A quick check would be to visit this webpage and if you receive an error then you may be affected.

We've setup a GetSatisfaction page that lists how to check if it's your DNS and possible fixes.

For users affected, let us know if this helped you at all below. Or feel free to contact me at joey+login@armorgames.com.

• 57 Replies
ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

Same here. Problem still exists.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

I am still having the problem as well.

I know AG is working on it as best they can, but it can't be something on the EU side. All of us that are having the issue didn't get together and change anything so it has to be on the AG side. Whether it be AG or one of their vendors.

I do hope this issue gets resolved, GCL gets me through the slow days here at work and after having Premium, it is not fun to play without it.

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Alright, we'll send some more emails to our DNS guys. Quick question, does it work on AG3 beta (coming soon link at the top)? I doubt it will, but I'm curious.

dohmer
dohmer
3 posts
Peasant

AG3 Beta does not work for me.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

Does not work in the Beta for me either.

L3statVampir
L3statVampir
1 posts
Shepherd

i cant believe you ask me to do all those things after i invested time and money in this site and now i have to change my dns...its absurd....:| i dont know if i`ll play anymore games in armorgames site! i`m so dissapointed

kanga127
kanga127
1 posts
Nomad

I just find it takes... an... age... to... load......

RobinFood
RobinFood
1 posts
Peasant

Joey, there may be a misconfigured bogon filter on the DNS-server ns2.theplanet.com: this server is not responding to ICMP-queries from one of my networks (82.144.193.0) and not responding to DNS-queries from another (93.75.163.0).

Hope this helps.

triengle
triengle
3 posts
Peasant

I assume this is caused by the same issue, If I change my dns, I have my premium for gemcraft, I of course lose access to anything on my local network. When I change back to my local dns, I can still log in, but I no longer have premium in Gemcraft.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

I mean, Im not all that upset, I spent what? A total of $6 or something on 3 games. It sucks, yes, but lets not start this "never play on AG again" stuff people.

They are working on it. The majority of what we play here on AG is FREE... How can we complain about FREE. And what hasn't been free has cost the equivalent of a large coffee.

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Hi guys.
I guess our ticket has been escalated to some higher level IS guys to solve. This means that it's big enough that the low level guys can't fix it. That's both good news and bad news as we still don't have a time estimate from them.

@RobinFood We added your findings to the comments of the ticket report. I personally have no clue if that could be it, but thanks for your findings.

Also, thanks for your patience guys. I know this is incredibly frustrating, so your understanding is appreciated.
While changing your DNS is a quick fix for some users who have access to it, it's not ideal for everyone. We are working with our DNS registrar to solve what is hopefully the underlying issue, but unfortunately we have to wait for responses from our DNS registrar, which is obnoxiously slow.

punkkett420sensei
punkkett420sensei
1 posts
Nomad

im good for now

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

YES! For the first time in almost 3 weeks I have access to premium again! Is it temporary, we'll see... Thank you for all your effort into this joeybetz!

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

@uspatrisf That's good news. IS guys must have done something without telling us.

Is anybody else able to login now and weren't before?

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

Yes, worked well in the last 2 days, I checked it 6 times a day.

Showing 31-45 of 57