ForumsThe TavernBest tablets on the market

4 1185
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I've recently been accepted into a graduate school program, and I will start next fall! Because the med school uses e-books, I'm going to need to invest in a tablet. I'm not familiar with the buys and don't buys of tablets, so I'm asking the AG army for advice. I've heard some of the newer iPads are way over priced and that some of them can over heat up towards temperatures of 105'ish Farhenheit. Maybe I heard wrong... That's what you guys are for! So let's discuss! Are there any problems with droids or apples I don't know about? I can't have a really noisy or hot machine, so hopefully you can advise against those! Thanks in advance!

• 4 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

So, am I getting paid for giving you this information?

JK. I will tell you what I know, which is not a lot.

've heard some of the newer iPads are way over priced and that some of them can over heat up towards temperatures of 105'ish Farhenheit.

This is with the new Ipad 3. I have also heard this but seeing how no one in my family has one I don't know for sure. Either way it is more expensive then the Ipad 2 and I don't think it really adds anything.

Speaking of the Ipad 2, it is the only tablet I really know about(I know about a few eReaders but I don't think you want those). Both my sister and my dad have the Ipad 2. I have used it and I have to say that I really like it. The internet seems to be pretty fast and you can pretty much do whatever you want. There are good apps and it doesn't get really hot. It is also easy to use. Of course being an Apple you cannot get Flash on it, but I think you could live with that. It is also more expensive then Android tablets but seeing how I know nothing about those I don't know if the price is worth it.

So pretty much what you can make from this is that if you are deciding between the Ipad 3 and the Ipad 2 just get the Ipad 2.

Sorry that I don't know much but I hope this helped.
Bluegalaxy
Bluegalaxy
18 posts
Peasant

Personally, I don't like Apple very much but I don't know of any android tabloids (Is Samsung Galaxy Note one??)
But if you were going to choose something from Apple, I would agree with daleks - get Ipad 2, not Ipad 3!

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Samsungs are droid based tablets if I'm not mistaken, Bluegalaxy.

Thanks for the input thus far, guys

victor520
victor520
39 posts
Peasant

I actually like Apple. I myself have an iPad 2 and it is great! It is very productive and useful, I would recommend it to you. On the other hand, I don't know much about the third one, so I can't give much information about that. So if you did choose to get an iPad, you wouldn't regret it

Showing 1-4 of 4