ForumsThe TavernNCAA football

3 1336
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

So with all the talk going on with a playoff system happening in the NCAA what do you think is going to happen/should happen?
Personally a 4 team playoff system seems too small to me so I think 6 or 8 would be better.

• 3 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

They changed the playoff/bowl system? I didn't know that. I agree though, 16 teams total to start isn't enough out of all 120 teams. Wait does that mean there will still be a top 25 thingy?

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

They changed the playoff/bowl system? I didn't know that. I agree though, 16 teams total to start isn't enough out of all 120 teams. Wait does that mean there will still be a top 25 thingy?

No they have not changed it... Yet.. They are working hard to find a way to discover the best team so they want a playoff system. There will still be the top 25 rankings. What they are trying to do is discover the bet team because they want a champion. And the best teams do not always go to the BCS bowl. Look at Utah in 2008. Undefeated all the way, but only made it to the Sugar bowl. They don't want that. they want a champion.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I think 6 or 8 would be better.

I would like to see you try with 6 teams. You would end up with 3 teams. That would be a weird game.

Anyway I would be fine with the 4 team playoff system.
Showing 1-3 of 3