ForumsThe TavernCryptids

17 4210
dinosaurusrex
dinosaurusrex
2 posts
Nomad

Cryptids are animals that are not real or fake.I think they're real. Give me your opinion(Remember,If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!)

• 17 Replies
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

u should post a pic of them so people know what u r talking about

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Cryptids are animals that are not real or fake

....................................................................................

.....What?

.I think they're real

You think animals that are NOT real are real? Your insane.

Give me your opinion(Remember,If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!)

It sounds like your a moron. But I can't tell, since you don't make any since.
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

How cryptids can be real if they are cryptids?
Cant accept cryptids without a worthy proof.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Cryptozoology is a more or less serious direction of research concerning animals or plants that appear in stories or myths, or have been sighted, but have not been proven yet. Saying 'I think they are real' only proves how little you understand of the matter, because there are so many of them; some have been definitely proven to exist (like the Okapi (yes, the Okapi was a cryptid)), some were definitely a hoax like the Cardiff giant. Most are uncomfirmed.

Here you have a nice list of various cryptids and their status:
List of cryptids

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Or, are just animals that are mistaken for legendary creatures. Like the dugong.

Pegasus16
Pegasus16
48 posts
Nomad

Cryptids have always seemed interesting to me.

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

Yah, I read about them alot. I mostly like to romanitisize about what they really are instead of what people think they are, you know, a conspiracy theory type thing.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

there are some i think are real, but others are fake.

The Chubacabra: was based on a sci-fy movie alien, fake.
the yeti: hides in the Himalayas, real.
Nessie: ancient Plesiosaur living in loch ness, fake
big foot: man-ape in Washington, fake.

those are ones i know about, there are plenty more fake ones and a few more real ones for sure.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

i can't believe you guys are actually discussing any of this

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

My favourite cryptid is the giant squid, simply because it turned out to be real and I really wanted it to be so.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

My favourite cryptid is the giant squid,

that was a cryptid? sure you don't mean a colossus squid, or whatever it is called.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The Chubacabra: was based on a sci-fy movie alien, fake.
the yeti: hides in the Himalayas, real.
Nessie: ancient Plesiosaur living in loch ness, fake
big foot: man-ape in Washington, fake.

Just a note, there is as much evidence for/against the yeti than there is in the case of other big primate cryptids like big foot. None of them are confirmed.

that was a cryptid? sure you don't mean a colossus squid, or whatever it is called.

Actually the colossal squid (Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni) exists too. The kraken however is a cryptid in that it only exists in myth. But since myths about kraken are probably originating from giant/colossal squid sightings, I think the kraken can be declared 'just a myth' in good conscience.
(It's funny though that the kraken is usually defined as a giant octopus, in contrary to the big squids)
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Actually, didn't the Chubacabra (the doglike kind, not the standing up ones) turn out to be real? They were just kinda weird wolfish doglike hairless animals that killed chickens or something...

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Actually, didn't the Chubacabra (the doglike kind, not the standing up ones) turn out to be real? They were just kinda weird wolfish doglike hairless animals that killed chickens or something...

Yeah, most of the verified modern reports were coyotes with mange (skin disease caused by mites, usually resulting in hair loss).
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

actually, this should be in the tavern.

Showing 1-15 of 17