ForumsGame WalkthroughsI am really bad at Kingdom rush.

16 10364
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

So the problem is like this: I only put the levels on easy, but they're still too hard. I am usually good at defense games, but not this one. So could you please give me some good tips for a n**b at this game?

• 16 Replies
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

What levels are you stuck on?

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

For now I'm not stuck anywhere, the problem is that I'm only on level 6 and I've played each level on easy, I finish every level with 9 lives out of 20, I'm not stuck, but I have a feeling I will be stuck. I know that you can finish the first levels with all 20 health, but I'd need a tip that could help me in every level.

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

I suppose the best tip is to find combinations that work well. For example, you don't want your barracks to be standing alone, but add a wizard or archer tower to cover them, and all of a sudden the threat is increased loads.

Another good tip is to read hints and bio's on all the enemy's. You might think it's useless information, but it does tell you what the enemies like and don't like. Finding the enemies weakness is, more often than not, the difference between victory and defeat.

Apart from that, I suppose it's just thinking logically for a moment. For small groups of tough enemies, you probably want high damage, single target towers to wail on them. For larger groups, think about quick-firing towers, to dispatch them more quickly. Mostly though, you probably just need experience. Good luck with the rest of the game!

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Yes, look at the bio's because it tells you their weakness and resistance. For example, Shamans are resistant to magic so when you have a level with them in it, use Archer or Barracks towers.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I was looking at the bios and how do you get a three star rank on level 3 and 4?

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

I think the stars are earned by keeping your lives. It think 3 stars is earned by keeping 18-20(?) lives. I don't know for sure though.

The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

The stars depend on how many lives you have after you finish the level your on.If you have less than 18 lives,you do not get a three star rank.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I know you need 19 or 20 lives, I've earned that ranking in the first level, but I would like the strategy. How do you beat level 3 and 4 with a three star ranking?

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

Level 3

Level 4

I hope this helps.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Thank you very much! Now I will get more upgrades.

PureDrew
PureDrew
6 posts
Nomad

Use the barracks towers to support your other towers, I'll leave the rest for you to experiment with ;D

blackhawks89
blackhawks89
1 posts
Nomad

usually i always did a barracks and put archer and wizard towers. put your barracks rally point in the middle of both towers' radius'. i would usually try and level the wizard tower fastesst. and constant deploy your free solders as much as possible.

MrPhoenomenal
MrPhoenomenal
46 posts
Nomad

My little brother beat every level with 3 stars except for like level 5. He didn't use any Barracks or Reinforcements. So don't upgrade those. He just really went with what was coming. If big groups of like 20 monsters or something came, he put Bombards. Do not start off with just one or two Bombards. You need something fast like Archers. Bombards are good for groups of monsters. Mages are good for strong single targets. (Besides Shamans.) Archers are good for single target weak monsters. Once you get to like tier 3 and 4, Bombards are good for lines of people because of the explosion that when you shoot, like 7 little bombs come out, and if you get Tesla, it can do a chain lightning spell that hits multiple enemies at the same time. Mages are good for really strong monsters, (Likes Bosses) because of their teleport, and their burning effect. Archers are good for monsters with a lot of health, if they have the Musketeer upgrade. They can critical and headshot them, which takes out a lot of damage. If you upgrade them to Rangers Hideout, they can shoot super fast and poison the enemies. I'm not sure about Barracks, but if you need to slow down people, just get Reinforcements. Don't waste your money on Barracks. Upgrade Rain of Fire too. It can burn the monsters and it can rain in like 3-5 places in one click.

ImAdmin
ImAdmin
20 posts
Nomad

What I did to beat this whole game is that I used Dwarven Bombards on every level and archers on every level and on some of them I used mage and I never used barracks

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Wow, the boss battle on level 9. I'm stuck there. From all the previous waves I had only 1 life left. I need help there.

Showing 1-15 of 16