ForumsWEPRPredictions of the War- Your opinions?

16 4515
UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

Just tell me your opinion on what you think will happen in the warfare itself, or outside the box, due to the effects of the war.

• 16 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

what you think will happen in the warfare itself, or outside the box, due to the effects of the war.

people will shoot, some kill, some die. people will be sad that some people died.

But seriously I don't know much about the situation, but I think we shouldn't keep the soldiers there and yet I think we shouldn't retreat because that will make the terrorist confident in thinking "Hey, we just beat the Americans out of here!" and then do more drastic measures.
stratplayer929
stratplayer929
99 posts
Nomad

The Americans have stayed way too long. And they need to get the heck out. Bush is an idiot for keeping them there. They accomplished their mission. Now they should leave. And if their country goes to hell again. that's their problem. The US needs to quit being the World Police for God's sakes. Let people take care of themselves.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

The US needs to quit being the World Police for God's sakes. Let people take care of themselves.

The US was attacked, thats just what they were doing.
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Let me correct you skull the reasin this war was even started wasn't beacuse we were attacked or 9/11 it was because Iran thretend to take over Iraq. I think we should fix OUR country first use OUR tax dollers to help people in this country. First economy is failing, crime is up, people are losing jobs to china and mexico (btw this is NOT raceist for thoe of u that will acuse me it's the truth) AND now we have to worry about gas prices and if our friends and loved ones will come back alive. Bush had his chance with the country and in my opinion failed. Ty

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

As I stated before, I don't know much about this situation. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

The_Medic16
The_Medic16
18 posts
Nomad

Iran and Iraq have been fighting for years and we go in because of a threat? no we went in there to make Saddam step down and help the Kurds and Shi'a who were being mass murdered. As for us steping down as "world Police" we can't. We are doing our job as the worlds' only World Power (im not being over patriotic, its a common fact) If we stop &quotolicing the World" places like Israel, Taiwan, The Phillipines, Panama, and countless other nations would be conquered, starve, or Fall into Civil Disarray without us.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@stratplayer
Not that isolation was beneficial to the u.s. pre-WWI or anything...our world policying policy has been far more beneficial over the past 50 years then un-helpful. I think stopping would end up bitten us in the ass.

My thoughts on the war? I think that we should finish the Job, just stopping the war isn't going to automatically bring the economy up...going into iran however, i think is a bad idea. we don't need more war.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Medic israel is always being fought over since Jesus was born nothing we can do will stop that. If u havent noticed people in OUR country are starving. In my opinion we need to fix our own country before we can go aound saying that other countries are messed up and need our help.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

We can't really know what is going to happen in this war, or any war for that matter. I agree that we need to pull out, but pulling out would be a type of submission. No matter how our government plays it, there would still be repercussion. It's very hard for them to know what to do.

The_Medic, I think you might be confusing the military with the Peace Core. We have a wonderful Peace Core that goes around the world and helpes as much as possible. The Military is usually used inly in emergency situations. You might want to realize that the section military deployed in countries that are not war zones is very small. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly, depending on how you look at it) we are not the only world power, and some other ones include Germany, England and Russia.

Eyewitch, finishing the job is great, but that depends on what you define as finishing the job. Technically, we already finished the job. We removed Saddam Hussein, and we found no Weapons of Mass Destruction*. All we can do is hope our future presidents know what to do.

*Although we did find supplies of Chemical X

sezel69
sezel69
18 posts
Nomad

ok bush ahs been in there long enough but if they withdrew there troops then there would still be no peace within that country, when peace is near then they should withdraw. otherwise the troops gunna be back there within months maybe even weeks =/

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@strop
Finishing the job i would define as what sezel said, atleast gaining some semblence of peace. Yah, i know how this war has worked, that may never happen...but retreating at this point i think would be more harmful to us, although that may end up changing...

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

I'm not really sure at all. People tell me that it isn't right to keep the troops there, but then others tell me that, if we take them out, they'll keep on threatening us and terrorizing the U.S, and possibly other countries.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

Did you call me Strop? Ooh!

What do you think would happen if we retreated? What could they do? Would they try to bomb us? That would be a little far-fetched, as suddenly we would have a huge amount of military power in America.

Of course, if we stayed, there [/i]might[i] be less chance of us getting bombed. But, if we stayed there, they would want to strike at our heart to make us leave, so what would they do? Bomb us. Should we stay, we would lose a lot more soldiers as well.

I have a feeling that whatever we do, people are going to be upset, and there will be problems.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

ohhhh my bad! I was having 2 other conversations with strop who's avatar isn't existant (like yours) soooooo....lol.

@FunkyMonkey (happy)
Well i think that retreating not only gives our direct enemies in Iraq a little courage/spirit because they know we can be beat. But as well any bigger powers who hate us either openely (North Korea) or secretely...
AS for loosing soldiers, not to sound like a total a-hole, but looking at the facts, in 5 years we have lost 5000 soldiers..........which when u think about it, its not that many.
And yes, it makes no difference what we do, ppl will be upset, cuz no one believes the same thing.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

You have a point. At least on the troop loss scale. Compared to many of our wars, 5000 is small. But would you rather lose 5000 or 10000? Any loss of life is bad, we should limit losses as much as possible.

As for what you said about bigger powers, I don't quite catch what you mean. I'm assuming that you meant there are major powers that 'wish us ill'. Well, if we remove our troops from Iraq we would be able to better defend ourselves. We could do what we do in Israel. Use minimal army forces, and supply their army. And at people who blame Bush alone for the war, don't. He was stupid, but that was misinformation from the CIA. Bush deserves some blame, but when you think about it, Bush is just a 'stupid rich boy'. I think the blame goes to his Cabinet, mainly Donald H. Rumsfeild. I think Cheney is pulling the strings of marionette Bush.

Showing 1-15 of 16