ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy video art.

14 4484
inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

He guys I've been working on this video for a day or two know and I was wondering what you think. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
heres the link

• 14 Replies
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Video Copilot? and you used After Effects right?

Pretty Good, but I think you could use camera shakest(Sorry I was just aiming for 'video copilot?' but my comment might have been marked as spam cause it only had 2 words.)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

but I think you could use camera shakes

It might hide the image jumping in the cut, at least?
That was probably what bothered me the most. The video looks good, and while I don't know what level you are on skillwise, besides the jump-cut it could probably clear well as a show of special effects.

If you want to go advanced, I would recommend doing a bit more to the ground. After all, if you(?) land hard enough to cause dust to whirl up from hard ground, the landing spot is going to be at least a little damaged. Either that, or switch for a softer, sandier ground which would provide the dust without leaving much evidence of the impact.
OneNight
OneNight
6 posts
Nomad

nice video just 40sec so can u do so more like wat

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Video Copilot? and you used After Effects right?

Pretty Good, but I think you could use camera shakest(Sorry I was just aiming for 'video copilot?' but my comment might have been marked as spam cause it only had 2 words.)

I did use camera shake, and I'm confused by the rest of your comment.

It might hide the image jumping in the cut, at least?
That was probably what bothered me the most. The video looks good, and while I don't know what level you are on skillwise, besides the jump-cut it could probably clear well as a show of special effects.

If you want to go advanced, I would recommend doing a bit more to the ground. After all, if you(?) land hard enough to cause dust to whirl up from hard ground, the landing spot is going to be at least a little damaged. Either that, or switch for a softer, sandier ground which would provide the dust without leaving much evidence of the impact.

Well I origanly tried to add cracks to the ground but It just didn't look quite right, but thanks for the input. And about the cut. I did use camera shake. Lots of it in fact. But if you Could tell me what made the cut so obviouse I'd be more than glad to listen.

nice video just 40sec so can u do so more like wat

I think your Post is a compliment, so thanks.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well I origanly tried to add cracks to the ground but It just didn't look quite right, but thanks for the input. And about the cut. I did use camera shake. Lots of it in fact. But if you Could tell me what made the cut so obviouse I'd be more than glad to listen.

Cracks come with practice, I guess. As mentioned, it was merely an idea for later on.
As for the camera shake, well, that might very well be what makes it obvious. It shakes to the side, at least, that is what I noticed, and it doesn't seem like the movement of something affected by someone taking off or landing.
To me it looks like the camera jerks to the side for a brief moment, before going back to the same place again, while at least landing would mean the earth shakes and would make the camera jump or jerk up and down a bit.
Alternately, I guess you could blur it out like the camera is affected by very small vibrations for a second, with a strong blur in the beginning and fading to nothing, but I am not sure how well that would work.
Diznic
Diznic
11 posts
Nomad

Good

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Video Copilot has tutorials for exactly these kind of stuff, try looking for them, they're very good!

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Video Copilot has tutorials for exactly these kind of stuff, try looking for them, they're very good!

Thanks for the info, that's actually where I got the dust and sound fx.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I think the effects are pretty good but, the camera should shake a little and if you look at the water it is unaffected by the shake. Those are my only suggestions.

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

I think the effects are pretty good but, the camera should shake a little and if you look at the water it is unaffected by the shake. Those are my only suggestions.

Yeah I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point that out. I didn't know how to make the position of the pool the same as the rest because it's actually a different video put in behind it.:/
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Yeah I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point that out. I didn't know how to make the position of the pool the same as the rest because it's actually a different video put in behind it.:/

What program are you using? You could probably replicate the shake for both 'videos' If it's a different one.

Cause in AE, you link layers to a camera, and whatever you do to a camera happens to all linked layers.
inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

What program are you using? You could probably replicate the shake for both 'videos' If it's a different one.

Cause in AE, you link layers to a camera, and whatever you do to a camera happens to all linked layers.

I'm using AE and that's a really good idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I just took the lazy way out and tried to use the wiggler.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

Hope it helps...

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Well thanks. I plan on putting another video up tomorrow.

Showing 1-14 of 14