ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

249 80011
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Look, I can art too.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img019.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img020-1.jpg
Hydreigon(c)Nintendo, Gamefreak
Kinda my take on it, since I didn't have a ref.
I think I got it wrong.

• 249 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Ttly not a bump.
And I hope Gantic doesn't see it before I have something to show, but...

that may be where I saw it... lol thread mixup.

Well, I do post a bit of Lyra every once in a while. Though she was never that big of a subject in my - published art.
She does need a proper revamp, I think, the newest art of her was for the AirGear crossover.

Either way. I want to draw stupid stuff. I probably will draw said stupid stuff, so everyone checking in, prepare. For the stupid and ridiculous. And zombies and fanart and gay wings. Probably.

Bonus repost lichen
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/lichen.jpg
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

You totally know that I was totally on and I totally saw when you totally posted this with the name change and everything right?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Are you leaving it to us to interpret what that is? Personally I think it's melting butter with grapes trapped inside.

Why is there no contest that leaves it to the users to interpret and determine what a given piece of artwork is supposed to be? The person with the best response wins? That would be an awesome contest!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you leaving it to us to interpret what that is?

This does not have art.
This does not have the answer.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

@skeleton_pilot, you mean,the mental poop thread? I think you do. it comes back soon.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@skeleton_pilot, you mean,the mental poop thread? I think you do. it comes back soon.

I think he meant a contest where someone posts a picture, and the contestants needs to explain what they are looking at. Like some kind of reverse, non-drawing Mental Poop contest.

And while Gantic did point it out:
Are you leaving it to us to interpret what that is?

I actually wrote exactly what it was. A lichen. A repost lichen, too.

Yes, Gantic, totes knew you were lurking. You always are. You are like some small, white and furred batman. Always watching.

Sadly, I still have nothing to show. My doodles doesn't look like anything, I can't get all this... story down into two or three pieces of art, because it's... Story. Lots of it.
So, blahblah, whine whine, will get drunk and upload something tomorrow after the ASC judging.

Gay wings all over the bloody place.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Or, or, you could totally upload something you wrote rather than drew... I don't recall ever seeing anything you wrote, unless I caught a glimpse back when I actually had an interest in figuring out what the hell was going on in WoM.

In other news, some really cool stuff here, makes me slightly jealous, also, the penguin on the second page was totally awesome, as was the elephant in the background. I would comment on everything else, but then you'd have this massive post, so suffice it to say that everything was sufficiently awesomely drawn.

By the way, the blur abused piece, are the feet enormous as a result of the perspective or does Air Gear just have random characters with enormous feet? And perhaps it's a result of the blur or the most intricate attempt at a background on your part, but the trees look very artificial. If that makes sense.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I think he meant a contest where someone posts a picture, and the contestants needs to explain what they are looking at. Like some kind of reverse, non-drawing Mental Poop contest.

Yes, that was what I had in mind... I'd create the contest myself but I'm no artist and I wouldn't be able to host a contest that involved drawing something purposely abstract every round...

Is someone else up for the challenge?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Or, or, you could totally upload something you wrote rather than drew...

Would consider, but if you guys think I can get rather passive aggressive (or, I admit, downright hostile) when it comes to my art, it won't go an ounce better with writing. I like my brainspawn, I have some sort of addiction to storytelling, but to feed it properly, I need attention and feedback, not in the way of, say, critiques, but in actual engaging half-participation in the story telling.
And I have been burned on this more times than I bother to remember...

So, it would either be something simple, unimportant, and not at all any of the stuff I have flying around in my head, or it would be exactly that, but I would be as pathetically emotional as I was the first year on AG. Which was pretty darn bad.
Not to mention it's headspawn. Half of it doesn't make sense without background info. Like the Government, in case of the gay wings, or alternate universes/alternate realities and character transplants in case of the zombies.
Blah. Just, well, I will consider letting some of it out, but people here usually do not react well to my rants on my characters, so...

I did have a thread for writing, I believe I have also posted a bit in some of my art threads, but neither is particularly interesting. There's some entries for writing contests, in particular the Twiction contest (an enjoyable experience), but most of that is more generic story telling and not like what I described above.
Not to mention I don't think I can actually write it as a story as much as sum up. Tell about the background, the setting, the characters and why they are what they are...

Yeah...

Anyway, for the matter on the art.
the penguin on the second page was totally awesome, as was the elephant in the background

Elephant?
Thanks, it was well received as well.

I would comment on everything else, but then you'd have this massive post, so suffice it to say that everything was sufficiently awesomely drawn.

I can live long on properly put compliments and observations. Which is why I have most of Xzeno's comments about my twictions printed.
And, well, do I look like I mind big posts?

By the way, the blur abused piece, are the feet enormous as a result of the perspective or does Air Gear just have random characters with enormous feet?

Perspective. Apparently not well done, but it might mainly be because it's an area I need to practice on. Which is also why the foreshortening is happening at all. The skates are "in your face" so to speak, while the rest of him is travelling away from the viewer in his spin. More so, it was also a visual trick, the same way the skates are actually the focal point of the picture.

And perhaps it's a result of the blur or the most intricate attempt at a background on your part, but the trees look very artificial.

They did look better without the blur, but the rest of the background didn't really. It's mainly because the viewer is left without the texture, which would have been more prominent, if I hadn't blurred the living daylight out of the image.
Because backgrounds aren't something I can or will enjoy making. I don't have the patience nor the skill.

Is someone else up for the challenge?

Preferably somewhere else, right?
Since, you know, I would really enjoy not having this thread hijacked for the sake of, I don't know, a contest, or recruiting people or hearing their opinion on said contest.
Just a thought.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Elephant?

Something you said to Gantic if I remember correctly. I do of course realize that is not an elephant or a rhino, but mountains.

The praise and observations you shall have.

The pokemon were interesting, very well drawn, although I was a bit confused as to why one of them was clear, unless it is actually clear?

The horse with random body parts falling apart was not cute. At all. It was morbidly entertaining though, so I guess it works out well? I really like the sketchy look of it, even if that's not what you were going for. Did you ever finish or was it just supposed to remain that way?

The demon was cool, I do believe my favorite aspect of it was the reddish tint cast by the non-existent background, presumably a result of it's violent actions.

The dragon I just like because of the way the colors meshed and again the sketchy look to it, was there supposed to be a pile of gold behind it, or is that just stone of some kind.

Danish names are indeed unpronounceable and as Americans we're obligated to mangle them as effectively as possible.

The lichen was well, it's a blob, I liked the pretty colors though.

And I believe that covers just about everything.

Oh and your twictions were rather good, it's only fair you print Xzeno's excellent commentary and critique.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Something you said to Gantic if I remember correctly. I do of course realize that is not an elephant or a rhino, but mountains.

Oh, right. I had forgotten about that entirely.

Thanks for the compliments.
The transparent pokemon were mainly to be able to see the background, as well as due to the issues around drawing it in the first place. A messy bunch.
Didn't finish the Helhest, I did try, but drawing isn't going well these days.
I think I imagined the red to be a flash of light from an alarm. Violent actions are justifiable reasons as well.
The dragon was lying in a pile of gold, otherwise the background is a cave.
Danish names are, well, Danish. I do understand that it isn't fair to assume anyone can pronounce them properly, but it doesn't make it any less funny to listen to, the same way listening to the majority of our politicians speaking English is more or less cringe-worthy and embarrassing.
Lichen is indeed blob. That is also the only thing I know about it, since I don't play the game. It was fun to draw, though.
And this should answer it all.

Thank you on the twictions. They were fun to do.

Now that I have replied to this, and still have nothing to show (I assume it's because I keep saying I want to draw, and then end up not doing so anyway...) and photobucket is down, so I can't repost random stuff... I will just angst a bit, because I'm an idiot that apparently can't handle adult responsibility. Angstangstangst.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I promised Strop some scans, thought you might enjoy the sketchy skecthes.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/fillercen.jpg

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Interesting sketches... they certainly do a good job at showing a fairly deep level of emotion!

What is the story behind these sketches, anyway?

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I want art now. I will die if I don't get mind blowingly awesome arts. in purple.

Showing 76-90 of 249