ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

249 80035
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Look, I can art too.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img019.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img020-1.jpg
Hydreigon(c)Nintendo, Gamefreak
Kinda my take on it, since I didn't have a ref.
I think I got it wrong.

• 249 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

the hand looks like its wrapped in bandages

It does, a bit. It was easier than trying to draw out finger bones and muscles to a believable point at that scale, and it still calls for hands that are somewhat easy to move and gesture with.
Not quite happy with the colouring, though.

its always interesting to see your expressions as for the chronic wrist thing

Not sure it is chronic as much as me holding the pen wrong or sitting in my bed awkwardly while drawing. Though the same thing does tend to happen when I write notes for class, but that's most definitely because I can't hold a pen like a normal human being.
As for drugs, I am really trying not to.

And is that your character Sai?

I... Let me just get the picture out.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/comparison.jpg
I guess it is a fine time to make a few info cards...
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So, I sat down and drew my characters being awesome, and after having stared at the entirely blank paper for a while, I drew them standing around looking bored as usual.
At least this will serve as some kind of... thing of... some kind.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img033.jpg

Colours are a bit off, since colouring in the current light makes for very little ability to find the right colours... And I also did not have a neon purple for Sai.
So, that's that.
And there are others, but these, I guess, are the most common around these parts of the internet.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses! It's all wrong. Everything is a lie. Cartoony characters never change!

I can't hold the pen in the right angle when I hold it with me elbow or shoulder.

It's only fair I learn Danish to make puns.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I... Let me just get the picture out.

WHY DO PEOPLE GET THEM CONFUSED? They are not even the same gender.
At least this will serve as some kind of... thing of... some kind.

Never heard of Lyra, or I just don't remember her. You seem to be the only blond there, is that why you look mad?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses! It's all wrong. Everything is a lie. Cartoony characters never change!

...Makeover?

Lyra looks a bit off-standish compared to the others.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses!

Hold your bunnies man! I think you are getting Cen confused with Librarian Cen. Obviously two different people, like Ninja Strop and Doctor Strop.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Lol I remember talking dirtily about Lyra. Now she more or less reminds me of a certain classmate that I moreso respect than want to "do". I both fear her and think that she'd be able to hold up an intelligible conversation, based upon relooking at her design.

One thing that I appreciate with your characters, Cen, is that they all have varied body types. This is something I do not seem to be able to get the handle of. Hopefully I'll figure out how to make separate body types look proportional, anyhow.

toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

Looks really good.!!!

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Why does Kai not have shoes on?

Lyra looks a bit off-standish

Probably the intent, she's not looking at "us", (yes I'm aware that Sai isn't either, but Sai is in the middle of the picture, so it would be hard to call her stand-offish.

Besides, based on this picture alone, (I've not seen any of Cen's other drawings within reason because I'm not one to browse through art threads) Lyra seems like somewhat awkward with Cen, yknow when you see someone you like but want to avoid and you kind of step a bit to the side to avoid conversation? Yeahhh...
Crush/used to date?
If not; it's an idea.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Let's see.

Looks really good.!!!

Thank you.

Angle. Also, Cen really does whatever he likes, including forgetting his glasses at home. Which is somewhat amusing, since he can't see properly without them, but... it happens.
Sadly, also in real life.

It's only fair I learn Danish to make puns.

Danish puns aren't that good.

WHY DO PEOPLE GET THEM CONFUSED? They are not even the same gender.

No idea. I think it's the name and the silly coloured hair, though Kai's is actually natural (for his species).
Sadly, there isn't really much to do about any of that, since Sai does what she likes to her hair, and their names are their names.

Never heard of Lyra, or I just don't remember her. You seem to be the only blond there, is that why you look mad?

Lyra has about as long a story as Cen for various reasons. So she has been around for quite a while, I just don't draw her very often, because I have a hard time dealing with her facial features.
And Cen always looks a bit mad in one way or another.
(Since there's a difference between Cen and I: Actual me would be the one found on the last ASC entry, I am not blonde as much as having the most dull greyish brown haircolour. Presumably the reason all my characters don't.)

...Makeover?

A few of the AU versions actually do have short(er) hair, but Cen, as he is, would not cut his hair. He has some issues...

Lyra looks a bit off-standish compared to the others.

I don't draw her very often, and her canon story does not even make her a real, physical character, as much as a dreambeing, so I don't think you can blame her for not fitting in right.

Hold your bunnies man! I think you are getting Cen confused with Librarian Cen. Obviously two different people, like Ninja Strop and Doctor Strop.

Cen's actually a lot nicer when he works.
/weird fact

I both fear her and think that she'd be able to hold up an intelligible conversation, based upon relooking at her design.

Well, I did have to flesh her out a bit over the last long while. Though she still looks a bit like a doll when wearing a dress. Might be a trick of hers to lull you into false security before she tears you apart.

One thing that I appreciate with your characters, Cen, is that they all have varied body types. This is something I do not seem to be able to get the handle of. Hopefully I'll figure out how to make separate body types look proportional, anyhow.

It will come one day. If nothing, practising in these proportions instead of more realistic ones tend to do the trick some of the way.
Also glad you noticed.

Was that all? Indeed, good.
Now, what else to draw.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Or not.
Very well.

Why does Kai not have shoes on?

He doesn't like them. Of all things. Besides that, he does enjoy the cold more than feeling a bit warmer, so not wearing shoes does help that.
He's a bit of a kind.

Probably the intent, she's not looking at "us", (yes I'm aware that Sai isn't either, but Sai is in the middle of the picture, so it would be hard to call her stand-offish.

Probably. Besides, Sai does look a bit pissy, while Lyra looks shy or uncomfortable, might as well be that.
The extrovert-introvert dilemma.

Besides, based on this picture alone, (I've not seen any of Cen's other drawings within reason because I'm not one to browse through art threads) Lyra seems like somewhat awkward with Cen, yknow when you see someone you like but want to avoid and you kind of step a bit to the side to avoid conversation? Yeahhh...
Crush/used to date?
If not; it's an idea.

Daaaw.
They are just awkward around each other, Cen is just a better actor.
Anything else to explain would end up in a weird twisted and long story line, which I am not sure would do well for people who does not already know it. Anything AU-related, pretty much the same.

There we are.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Nobody seems to have noticed this, so I shall comment:

Everybody else has these pencil thin squiggles. But not Cen, no. Cen has MANLY EYEBROWS.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This is probably the dumbest question ever, but does your character Cen act like you at all? Is he supposed to?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!

I'd say yes. He's almost your archetypal lancer* through and through. And I am ninja so I know everything :3

*look this up on tvtropes.com

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

See Strop's reply.

Even if there is more to it, it seems like the simplest reply around.

Showing 121-135 of 249