ForumsThe Tavern[English]Lets speak/learn spanish

11 1979
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Vamos a hablar español

go to google translate if u dont understand me http://translate.google.com/#auto|es|

• 11 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The site rules state that all forum posts must be written in English. I also don't see much discussion value from this thread.

Google translate is also often inaccurate.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

ahh but have u read the rest: Non-English messages may be left on user profiles only after you determine that the recipient of your message can communicate in that other language.

and yes google translate is often inaccurate but google translate is old so it takes the older forms of the words

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

awww no puedo hablar en espanol aqui ? lol mi computadora no le gusta nada que digo

wow that was bad red lined practicly every word

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Yeah you really can't depend on Google Translate to translate English to Spanish.

lol mi computadora no le gusta nada que digo

I wonder how you say "lol" in Spanish
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yeah you really can't depend on Google Translate to translate English to Spanish.

It was the only source i had for translating spanish and english that way AG doesnt erase it because it has a source so we can communicate unless u can find a better source
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

and yes google translate is often inaccurate but google translate is old so it takes the older forms of the words

No, Google translate isn't reliable because there are different ways to say different things, and Google translate doesn't acknowledge that fact.

Tu no sabes nada!
I'd put accents in, but when I do AG messes up my post.
endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

No hablo español.

That's the only thing I know. I have no idea what it actually means, but for I was told it would get any spaninsh-speaking person to stop talking to me. It works! I think this might be... A MAGIC sentence!

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s466/endlessrampage73/MAGIC.jpg

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Tu no sabes nada!

oh i know quite alot for example i know what u just said because its understandable

I'd put accents in, but when I do AG messes up my post.

then put a language source so people can understand u i used google translate and yes i know it gets its languages wrong but its a source as long as theres a source here this forum will stay
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Te falta (o faltaba) un maestro bueno cuando tu era en escuela todos los dias. Yo hable que por que tu olvidaste como hablar unas cosas correctamente.

Literal Translation
You lack (Or used to lack) a good teacher when you used to go to school every day. I said this because you forgot how to say some things correctly.

Spanish to English translation isn't very good because it just isn't. That's why Google translate fails.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I said this because you forgot how to say some things correctly.

and what would that be

Spanish to English translation isn't very good because it just isn't. That's why Google translate fails.

look at the comment I put above u
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

and what would that be

Tu no sabes nada is incorrect grammar usage. I was wondering if you were going to catch that.

Vamos a hablar español

This should be Vamos a hablar en español because in the Spanish language, you say "In" (En) before you say a word ending in -ish.

look at the comment I put above u

What I don't understand is why you keep telling people to use this translator. You're better off using an English-Spanish dictionary where you have to build your phrase yourself.
Showing 1-11 of 11