ForumsThe Taverncould candy be healthy?how?

6 1390
DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i think that you can make candy healthy so i want to know if you think so too

• 6 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Do you mean something like this?
[url=http://www.forbes.com/2006/03/14/hershey-health-candy-cx_sy_0315feat_ls.html[/url]
If not then please explain further.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

fixed link. Sorry about that.
[url]http://www.forbes.com/2006/03/14/hershey-health-candy-cx_sy_0315feat_ls.html[/url]

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

if you have diabetes and your blood sugar is dangerously low, candy could save your life. Also, I believe chocolate has antioxidants. As far as taking unhealthy candy and making it healthy, I would say that it's possible and it may have been done before, by replacing sugar and flavorings with fruit juice.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Go by the rule: If it tastes good it probably isn't healthy for you.

For that reason I think candy companies would have a very hard time making their candy healthy and yummy at the same time. Besides, most of the people who eat candy probably don't even care how healthy it is.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

if you have diabetes and your blood sugar is dangerously low, candy could save your life.

Randomly eating sweets will only make things worse. In cases of diabetes I think it's simply insulin you need.

Sugar, as most other things, isn't unhealthy per se. We need sugar; not eating any sugar would be unhealthy. If that makes sugar healthy, fine. But it can get too much rather quickly.

One thing that is sure, if you want sweets, go for regular sugar products. Artificial sweeteners have been evidenced to be unhealthy, and in this case it's not only the dosis.

Though I recently read in the newspapers that the future of chocolate might be smaller bits of more healthy chocolate. They didn't elaborate on how they'd make chocolate more healthy. Some studies already hinted at positive effects of chocolate, but IMO adding any stuff supposed to be healthy will make things worse. It's not good to eat too many vitamines for example, and they're already putting far too many vitamines in every aliments they can.

Making extra 'healthy' sugar by mixing in things that are supposed to be healthy will have the opposite effect imo. Eating reasonably is everything you need; reasonable amounts of diversified food.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You can make candy as healthy as you want and kids are still going to prefer the unhealthy stuff.

You've seen the commercials for all of those products that are healthy and delicious, but how many people, let alone kids, do you see eating/drinking them?

If you gave me the option between a granola bar and a Hostess Cupcake, both of which I find delicious, I would have to choose the Hostess Cupcake simply because it's less healthy and therefore eating it is more fun.

So yes, candy could be healthy. There are probably plenty of candies already that could be considered healthy. But they aren't the most popular candies, because it's not as fun to eat healthy food as it is to eat junk food.

Showing 1-6 of 6