ForumsNews and Feedbackwill it be as good?

5 2805
letsgome
letsgome
9 posts
Nomad

I think it will probably be better but who knows

• 5 Replies
jjman070
jjman070
47 posts
Nomad

i know how to make it even better when it comes out bring everybody edits back its online on kongregate need proof here http://www.kongregate.com/games/QRious/everybody-edits if you think i should post this somewhere else post where on my profile

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

AG3? A year ago I'd agree, but that was when we had an administrator regularly posting here, giving us frequent updates, and making us excited. Now? Doubtful. Look at the most recent update AG2 has gotten; I believe they updated the time stamp on the forums but that caused more glitches. Not to mention AG2 has more important problems, I have no idea why they decided to change something as insignificant as the time stamp. Imagine that being applied to AG3 - if they can't change something as simple as a time stamp without causing more problems then I fear what would happen if they added some of the things mentioned in the stickied threads.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i dont think AG3 is as good as AG2 because AG2 gives u armor points witch i like so i can keep track of my comments forum posts and ratings (plus i can show them off). i think AG3 does have better game previewing but other then that right now i think AG2 is supperior

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

i dont think AG3 is as good as AG2 because AG2 gives u armor points

You are misinformed. While there are Armor Points in AG2, there will also be Armor Points in AG3. However, your AP will be reset to 0 when AG3 launches, and AP will be for game achievements in AG3. There will also be a reputation system in AG3 that will be for community involvement.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Imagine that being applied to AG3 - if they can't change something as simple as a time stamp without causing more problems then I fear what would happen if they added some of the things mentioned in the stickied threads.

This is likely due to the site's internal mechanics. It's ill equipped to handle what the admins wish to add to the site, and anything that does get added goes bonkers. This is evident throughout AG2's lifespan. This is also why AG3 has so much "revolutionary" material added. It's made completely from scratch instead of built from a template, so the administrators won't be obstructed when coding various features.

Of course AG3 will be exponentially better than AG2, but this doesn't mean a thing if the traffic doesn't show for it. Matrix already touched on the community staff participation, but most of this is also due to the community members. Three dozen people can't be hundreds or thousands. More people need to be there to reply and start threads to stimulate more traffic. They just need some initial pushes from staff members (moderators, administration) to participate along with the regular members and have a good time.

The site also entered its ten-millionth comment and nearing its ten-millionth "thread". Cheers!
Showing 1-5 of 5