Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obama or Romney

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 9:53am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

You see apparently our news is showing Obama in the perfect light and making a fool out of Romney.

Maybe because they tend to be that way? I just heard today that unemployment in America is at it's lowest point since Obama got elected. Still republicans think that Obama is killing jobs and only Romney can help. Romney on the other side is as malleable as needed to get votes and hasn't really presented any plans on how to actually solve the things he is criticising Obama for.

Though there's also surely a certain bias towards Obama in Europe, not only the European citizens would vote Obama but the governments, I'm pretty sure, would be more favorable to Obama, to their own advantage. So, yes, let's keep alert, but I still think that Obama is rightfully depicted as the better candidate.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 10:35am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

Though there's also surely a certain bias towards Obama in Europe, not only the European citizens would vote Obama but the governments, I'm pretty sure, would be more favorable to Obama, to their own advantage. So, yes, let's keep alert, but I still think that Obama is rightfully depicted as the better candidate.

Most of the world is pro Obama to be honest. Except Israel maybe. The approval rate of the USA shot up after Obama got elected.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 10:38am

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,344 posts

I wouldn't call what we've been doing an actual war.  We're fighting guerilla's and people hiding in caves.  It requires nothing from the general population.  My idea of a war has two or more countries/regions of the world trying to kill each other... Or something significant enough that it actually requires  your common everyday John and Jane Doe to do something above and beyond their comfort zone. Sure... Some people put together care packages and stuff but that's hardly more a commitment than a hobby is. When there is the fear that the whole creature stands to fail all of its parts will be focused on working together and surviving. Aside from knowing people that have been shipped out to the Middle East and seeing it on tv you'd never know our country was "at war"

Obamacare is a pretty thought, but I still don't know how this is going to affect the actual physicians and quality of healthcare they're able to provide. 

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie.  (Came from small business owners I know)

Something I thought was interesting.... My gay American (flamboyantly so) friends on Facebook were cheering on Romney and hating on Obama during the debate. Isn't Obama the most likely to do anything for that specific group of people?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:05pm

deathbewithyou

deathbewithyou

586 posts

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie.  (Came from small business owners I know)

Talk to private clinic owners, they've had it worse with Obamacare around.

Something I thought was interesting.... My gay American (flamboyantly so) friends on Facebook were cheering on Romney and hating on Obama during the debate. Isn't Obama the most likely to do anything for that specific group of people?

Wait, wait wait wait wait! What? Give me a link! Please! This is unbelievable and ridiculous!

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:26pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

I don't know whether it is more difficult specifically for small business owners or not.. but go on and read this: Unemployment in America is back to pre-recession levels.

Talk to private clinic owners, they've had it worse with Obamacare around.

I hope you know that Romeny won't repel Obamacare, he'll keep important points and replace the rest with his own health care plans. Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama? That would be pretty ridiculous.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:20pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama?

Yes, it is.  The republicans have suggested very similar plans for years, some have even gone through like what Romney did in Massachusetts.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:45pm

zeus999

zeus999

34 posts

Really all either of them can do is destroy the country even more. There are only a few ways to fix the mess we are in, and they are methods that no president would take.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:55pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Most of the world is pro Obama to be honest. Except Israel maybe. The approval rate of the USA shot up after Obama got elected..

The way other countries are viewing these two should be taken into consideration given the presidents function with foreign affairs.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 2:47am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,842 posts

Knight

It is a lie. Obamacare provides subsidies and tax cuts for SMEs so they can afford for the health are and keep workers.

Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama?

Yes, it is.  The republicans have suggested very similar plans for years, some have even gone through like what Romney did in Massachusetts.

Axelrod even admitted as much on TV; Obamacare has it's roots in Romney's health are reform in Massachusetts.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 6:19pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

Romney He is pro life and he does not lie about his religion

Reply to Obama or Romney

You must be logged in to post a reply!