Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obama or Romney

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 7:13pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Romney He is pro life

Considering the poor arguments often used as a means to take rights away with pro-life I don't see how that's a good thing. (If you want to get into this further we can take it to the abortion thread.)

and he does not lie about his religion

Yeah because one's religious views should be the most important thing to be honest about when planning to take office in what is suppose to be a secular government.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 7:36am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Yeah because one's religious views should be the most important thing to be honest about when planning to take office in what is suppose to be a secular government.

NO BUT IF OBAMA IS A LYER I DO NOT WANT HIM RUNNING MY COUNTRY

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 9:29am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

NO BUT IF OBAMA IS A LYER I DO NOT WANT HIM RUNNING MY COUNTRY

He's no more a liar than any other politician out there, Romney included. Which is to say, they skew their presentations and occasionally have to do something that contradicts somewhat with what they said earlier.

Whereas Romney is like a flag flapping in the wind, following political whim one direction to and fro.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 11:27am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,997 posts

Knight

Whereas Romney is like a flag flapping in the wind, following political whim one direction to and fro.

Newest example: the third debate. I heard he tried to play the pacifist, to get the votes of the undecided political centre voters. Meh... Obama dominated this one nonetheless.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 5:47pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Romney. He actually has a chance at turning this country around

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 6:29pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

And around and around and around and around. Ride the merry go round!

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 7:01pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

He's no more a liar than any other politician out there

Yeah, I can't think of any honest ones.
*cough* Daniel Inuoye *cough* Ron Paul *cough*

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 7:32pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

Right back into the same policies that got us here in the first place.  Not very helpful.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 9:24pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

Honestly, they'll both do the same thing in slightly different ways. They'll both hand out butt loads of money to businesses, the only difference being which businesses. They'll both keep military troops deployed in areas they shouldn't be, the difference being how they allocate troops and maybe who they go to war with. They'll both pass laws favoring big businesses, just different businesses and different ways to favor said businesses.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 9:54pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Honestly, they'll both do the same thing in slightly different ways. They'll both hand out butt loads of money to businesses, the only difference being which businesses. They'll both keep military troops deployed in areas they shouldn't be, the difference being how they allocate troops and maybe who they go to war with. They'll both pass laws favoring big businesses, just different businesses and different ways to favor said businesses.

You're probably right when it comes to money and business. As for troop deployment Obama's proposals would call for fewer troops. As for if that would be held to is another story. i do see other issues that should be looked at.

Which side has advocated separation of church and state and which hasn't?
Which side advocates equal rights fro homosexuals and which does not?
Which would likely give us better foreign standing?

We should also consider the behavior of the parties they are with as a whole.

Reply to Obama or Romney

You must be logged in to post a reply!