Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Slenderman

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 3:00pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

How are you saying Serious Sam was scary? I always found it as a straight up action game with funny monsters and guns.

the monster aint gonna make you screem. they gonna make panic and make you jump out of the chair.

What monster in serious sam would do that to you? The closest would be the kamakazi screamers, but even they aren't scary since they're so funny.

But yea I agree slender man isn't really scary (at least when I played it) there is only three things that are supposed to scare you,
1, The Unknown (the dark, slenderman's face)
2. Slenderman
3. the music

The unknown really is only scary for a little bit since you then realize that him not being in your sight is quite useful, slenderman dosen't actually move, just stands there and really is just placed at random near you to make you freak out, the music is actually scary unless you're used to music like that in which case it will do nothing to you other then say "you're getting close to the end" or "slendermen is in your view"

Btw I played the greenteam version and the first one of those high graphics ones

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 10:53am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

How are you saying Serious Sam was scary? I always found it as a straight up action game with funny monsters and guns.

slender is supposed to scare you by standing somewhere. not moving and not even look scary either.

if some person is scared by that then serious sam would kill him.
monsters that jump from nowhere instantly. headless that you hear coming but where the hell does he come from. being overwhelmed by a giant wave of monsters. i dont think anyone who is scared of slenderman will be able to stay calm enough during those times. and will probably just die.

What monster in serious sam would do that to you?

i had i few times that a bull passes me by in lightning speed from nothing. and those big green guys (dunno names) (that shoot green something that follows you for a while) that were standing just around the last corner that i didn't check yet. or those angle bird thingy's. that you can't seem to find until they are right infront of you. xD
those kinda things happen sometimes. and yea the kamikazie do that most.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 8:55pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,811 posts

To each his won partydevil. Honestly, no other game/trend thing has had a lasting effect on me until since I was like 6 but Slenderman. Nothing like deadspace or bioschock (not that I've played them) have ever really scared me. I'm sure I would do absolutely fine with that game and laugh that anyone would actually get freaked out for more than a second whilst I would melt when playing Slender: The Arrival beta.

but why do you advertise for it?

As I already said, this thread is about that game so it only makes sense to (wait for it) talk about that game in this thread. A better question is why are you advertising for Serious Sam? It's not like this thread was created with any intention of that being brought up.

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 10:58am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

i dont think you understand "advertising"

and i used serious sam as a example. i only went into the game when it was asked of me.
i never said anyone should buy it.

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 6:09pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

I feel that a big reason for Slenderman's popularity is mainly because of two reasons. Number one, because the internet loves to exaggerate the crap out of things, especially horror. So when people hear about it as "zomg teh scariest game ev0r" you'll obviously attract more attention than just a comparatively normal review.
And number two, because people *really* hate jump scares for whatever reason. This kinda ties back into my first point, but people tend to react strongly to them, even though they're really the worst form of "horror", in a way.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 7:14am

xgeogander

xgeogander

175 posts

Well, i have played Slender Man, but it isn't as scary as you said. in fact the game was pretty boring. i didn't enjoy it that much -_-

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:34pm

Suren727

Suren727

11 posts

Sad when you get all the pages and you see theres no real ending.

Reply to Slenderman

You must be logged in to post a reply!