ForumsGamesSlenderman

96 23295
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

If you haven't heard of the meme, read about it right here.

What do you think of this horrifying free game? I just played it yesterday and got to the part when you put the tape into the television then turn around...shortly after I quickly pushed escape, quietly sobbing. If you have any terrifying experiences with the game, post it all here.

Link to download the game

WARNING: if you haven't played the game yet, it is very scary and disturbing, not recommended for younger people.

• 96 Replies
MundiAkaRozrabiaka
MundiAkaRozrabiaka
27 posts
Shepherd

It's not very scary ;D

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Your lying through your teeth man and we all know it. Deep down. Nay. At the very surface you are downright terrified of that game. You want to prove that your not afraid? Slender the arrival beta is coming out today (Friday) or tommorrow and I'm sure someone you know will be getting it (you had to pre-order slender the arrival to get it) so you go ahead and play that and don't so much as flinch as you turn a corner and stare death in its faceless face.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Your lying through your teeth man and we all know it. Deep down. Nay. At the very surface you are downright terrified of that game. You want to prove that your not afraid? Slender the arrival beta is coming out today (Friday) or tommorrow and I'm sure someone you know will be getting it (you had to pre-order slender the arrival to get it) so you go ahead and play that and don't so much as flinch as you turn a corner and stare death in its faceless face.

wanna scare the **** out of yourself? play "serious sam". not this worthless slender thing.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Slender the Arrival preorder and beta will be out anytime for those man enough and suicidal, possibly hating the idea of life, dignity and sleep. Teh beta will just be a beefed up version of the eight pages, I'm not sure but I think it is also the campaign mission that's kinda based off that only without spoilers.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

why are you advertising for this junk?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Because this is the thread for that pant crapping game you call junk.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

but why do you advertise for it?

are you really for real? i can't imagion anyone actually being scared of that junk.
i dont think you should play serious sam then. you wont survive it (or hello kitty online) if your scared of this slender crap.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I looked up serious sam and just....Seriously? You are actually even kind of afraid of that, I can tell by screenshots what kind of game it is. It's one of those games like deadspace where the monsters are supposed to scare you and I have no idea why anyone actually screams at those games. Clearly the two of us have very different opinions as to what makes a game scary.

Beta was awful, (in the way they were intending) it also has great graphics and is much much bigger and more confusing than the original.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I looked up serious sam and just....Seriously? You are actually even kind of afraid of that, I can tell by screenshots what kind of game it is. It's one of those games like deadspace where the monsters are supposed to scare you and I have no idea why anyone actually screams at those games.

1, the monsters aint scary. 2, i aint afraid, i love the games. and 3, i never said anyone was going to scream.
do you really scream about slender? if so then your just being a hypocrite here.

anyway screenshots say nothing about the game really. none can judge a game properly by just screenshots. the monster aint gonna make you screem. they gonna make panic and make you jump out of the chair.

if this slender game makes you scared then serious sam will kill you.

Clearly the two of us have very different opinions as to what makes a game scary.

tell me what makes slender scary? there is not a single thing about the game that i find scary.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

How are you saying Serious Sam was scary? I always found it as a straight up action game with funny monsters and guns.

the monster aint gonna make you screem. they gonna make panic and make you jump out of the chair.

What monster in serious sam would do that to you? The closest would be the kamakazi screamers, but even they aren't scary since they're so funny.

But yea I agree slender man isn't really scary (at least when I played it) there is only three things that are supposed to scare you,
1, The Unknown (the dark, slenderman's face)
2. Slenderman
3. the music

The unknown really is only scary for a little bit since you then realize that him not being in your sight is quite useful, slenderman dosen't actually move, just stands there and really is just placed at random near you to make you freak out, the music is actually scary unless you're used to music like that in which case it will do nothing to you other then say "you're getting close to the end" or "slendermen is in your view"

Btw I played the greenteam version and the first one of those high graphics ones
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

How are you saying Serious Sam was scary? I always found it as a straight up action game with funny monsters and guns.

slender is supposed to scare you by standing somewhere. not moving and not even look scary either.

if some person is scared by that then serious sam would kill him.
monsters that jump from nowhere instantly. headless that you hear coming but where the hell does he come from. being overwhelmed by a giant wave of monsters. i dont think anyone who is scared of slenderman will be able to stay calm enough during those times. and will probably just die.

What monster in serious sam would do that to you?

i had i few times that a bull passes me by in lightning speed from nothing. and those big green guys (dunno names) (that shoot green something that follows you for a while) that were standing just around the last corner that i didn't check yet. or those angle bird thingy's. that you can't seem to find until they are right infront of you. xD
those kinda things happen sometimes. and yea the kamikazie do that most.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

To each his won partydevil. Honestly, no other game/trend thing has had a lasting effect on me until since I was like 6 but Slenderman. Nothing like deadspace or bioschock (not that I've played them) have ever really scared me. I'm sure I would do absolutely fine with that game and laugh that anyone would actually get freaked out for more than a second whilst I would melt when playing Slender: The Arrival beta.

but why do you advertise for it?

As I already said, this thread is about that game so it only makes sense to (wait for it) talk about that game in this thread. A better question is why are you advertising for Serious Sam? It's not like this thread was created with any intention of that being brought up.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i dont think you understand "advertising"

and i used serious sam as a example. i only went into the game when it was asked of me.
i never said anyone should buy it.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I feel that a big reason for Slenderman's popularity is mainly because of two reasons. Number one, because the internet loves to exaggerate the crap out of things, especially horror. So when people hear about it as "zomg teh scariest game ev0r" you'll obviously attract more attention than just a comparatively normal review.
And number two, because people *really* hate jump scares for whatever reason. This kinda ties back into my first point, but people tend to react strongly to them, even though they're really the worst form of "horror", in a way.

xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

Well, i have played Slender Man, but it isn't as scary as you said. in fact the game was pretty boring. i didn't enjoy it that much -_-

Showing 76-90 of 96