ForumsThe TavernThe Great Panic- A Zombie Apocalypse

117 17711
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I decided to make a forum RPG based on two popular zombie books, called "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z", written by Max Brooks and Three Rivers Press. This is a game that has the players telling about what they do each day in a Class 4 outbreak, or a world overrun by the zombie-creating virus Solanum, and already created zombies. You would give information on your "avatar"(character you play as) and then say where you would live and what your weapons are. You can team up with other players and make a colony, or be a loner, but either way, your choices effect what happens in your zombie-infested world.

You do not need to know about the the books this is based on, you just need to like RPG's, forum games, or zombies.

<Rules and Guidelines>
1. You control your choices and your character, but I control the zombies.
2. Your character must be an average human being. No futuristic items. No amazing abilities. No half-zombie crossbreeds.
3. You may have previous training with weapons, or military experience. You may also be in the military, but you may not have access to experimental weapons.

4. The game world is my world, and under my control, you just play in it.

Side Note: Only destrying the brain kills a zombie.

Note: Small= 6 inch - 2 feet, Mid-sized= 2-4 feet, Large/Long= 5 feet+

<Available Weapons>
(You may start with: 2 melee weapons; 1 firearm (gun); and either an explosive or fire source.)

>Melee Weapons<
(You may choose one melee weapon twice to dual-wield)
1. Dai-Katana Two-handed long katana
2. Katana Mid-sized razor sharp sword (think samurai sword)
3. Claymore Extra-long extra-heavy sword
4. Shaolin Spade(counts for two weapons) A six-foot long pole with a fanned blade on one side, and a crescent blade on the other end.
5. Mace A mid-sized club with a spiked ball on the end.
6. Battle-Axe A mid-sized weapon with a large, heavy axe blade on the end.
7. Spear/Javelin A 5-foot long pole with an 8-inch long spear tip. Can be thrust or thrown.

>Guns/Firearms<
1. Sniper Rifle Long range(up to 300 meters)rifle with scope. 25 pounds
2. All-Use Rifle Mid range (up to 100 meters accurate typical rifle. Weighs less than Sniper. 15 pounds
3. Assault Rifle Mid range, has automatic fire, but uses ammo quickly, and is harshly inaccurate over 50 meters. 20 pounds
4. Shot Gun Very short to short range (buckshot is very short (25meters) and a slug is short (50 meters)) harshly inaccurate. 15 pounds
5. Pistol Short range, quite inaccurate. 5 pounds
6. Crossbow Short range, silent, and comes with a scope. 10 pounds
7. Handbow Very short range, silent (miniature crossbow) no scope. 3 pounds

Note: You may have one fire sorce and one ignitable, or only one explosive.

>Fire sources and Explosives<

*Fire*
1. Matches 15 uses, reliable.
2. Lighter 15 uses, water proof.
3. Flint and Steel Unlimited, water proof, reliable, only creates a spark.
4. Blow Torch 60 uses, 1 use per second (average ignition time: 2 seconds) reliable, waterproof, but 2% chance of explosion.

^Ignitables^
1. Molotov Cocktails 5 uses, continual burning on surface hit.
2. Gasoline Dousing 10 uses, much like cocktail, but may spread to surrounding area.
3. Flamethrower Bolth a fire sorce and a ignitable, same rules as blowtorch. Weighs 70 pounds. 25% chance of splashback.
4. Aerosols (bodyspray) Same as blowtorch, 5 uses, stronger than Flamethrower and blowtorch, 50-75% splashback.

xExplosivesx
1. Fragmentation Granades 10 grenades, not very efective against zombies.
2. Claymore Mine 10 units, same as grenade, but in mine form.

If you would like to make a special request for a weapon, please ask me first.

<Inventory>
You start with:
1 months rations
5 days water
Shovel
2-way radio
8-inch knife (can double as a weapon)
5-inch knife
Throwing daggers (4)
Small hatchet (log-splitting, possibly weapon or throwing)
Machette (it's to dull to cut flesh, but can cut vines. Maybe if you sharpen it, it can cut flesh.)
Pickaxe
Lantern
Candels (3)

Other items can be given upon request, but ask first.

<Fortress/Living Quarters>
Please tell me where you want to set up your camp/fort (fort for multiple people) so I may take that into account, or if you want some help in chosing a good terrain, please feel free to talk to me.

Note: You do not need to know anything about the books this is based on, you just need to like RPG's, zombies, or Forum games.

This topic is the game! You are free to join in at any time, and the one thing that I require is that you come in ready to play, and ready to take down some zombies!

*Disclaimer*
I feel I must remind everyone to keep the described violence, gore, and mature material to a minimum, or at least have some warning of the content that you will describe. Language should be kept to a PG rating, so basicaly, if they beep it out on T.V., don't use it. Explicit sexual or adult material will, of course, be flaged, and your expultion from the game will be nessessary. All forum rules will be followed, and all activity will be monitored. However, please feel free to be creative in your responses, just don't reveal the "brutal details". Stabbing a zombie is okay, but don't say what else happens to it's zombie body. Please be creative in your responses, though.

Happy Hunting,
Itachi2641747

• 117 Replies
sneakysam
sneakysam
38 posts
Nomad

my guy is galan jest. in in his thirtys, he eccelled in marksmanship and military strategy.

he uses a shaolin spade, all-use rifle, and claymores.he is in a fort like mansion on top a a steep hill with the claymores put in strategic positions around it.the mansion allows him to see any humans from a distance allowing themm to team up.

anthaney4
anthaney4
16 posts
Nomad

im a zombie brainz brainz eat your head off lol

-AJ

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I think I'll join in on this

I'm going to be me in this

Name:Braxton
Height:6 feet
apperence:tall with slight build, blue or green eyes(they change colors it's wierd) brown clean shaven hair

training: lots of experience in hand to hand and knife combat trained in multible firearms(by my uncle who is an army ranger) good survival skills can live of of the land

attributes:agile and strong, good stamina

weapons and equipment: fire arm:all around rifle (which would probably be the M16) Melee weapons spear and knife
ignitable:flint and steel

I am on the top of a hill which has a sheer cliff at it's back and down hill in front of it and I have some palisades surrounding my little camp

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

oh and if anyone wants to join me feel free

sneakysam
sneakysam
38 posts
Nomad

day 1

today i found out that claymores could be used as alarm clocks.i woke up when hearing a big BANG and quickly looked out the window. who knew zombies could climb that well...

day 1(later) well their are dead zombies in the yard. its starting to stink real bad. ill have to get someone to clean it up sometime. so far ive expended about an eigth of my ammo. thought i saw a leprechaun by the way. i need to talk to my volleyball.

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

DAY 35.

Durandus ran up to me today, saying that he heard a large crash somewhere deep in the cave. I warned him to get his weapons ready, but he said that the only weapon he had with him was the Dai katana. Groaning, I gave him the charge of flame-thrower duty. Let's hope he knows how to use it

DAY 36

What a rush. We were getting ready for a small group of zombies to enter into the cave, and we would pick 'em off slowly, but surely.

What we found was a shimmer of hope getting crushed beneath our feet.

As it turns out, the crash Durandus heard was a small detonation from a 1/4 stick of dynamite. And there weren't any zombies in the cave with us. Only about 20 Army troop entered our cave. Turns out, they saw the barricade from an expedition in searc of living souls. Well, they found us. Me, with my katana. And Durandus, with a flamethrower and an itchy trigger finger.

We gathered all of our supplies, and began to go to the hole they blasted. As we passed by the all-too-familiar alcove, I told them to wait. I entered the cave, and exited 20 minutes later with about 40 mushrooms in my sac. As the troops gave me a funny look, I started to explain what I found out about the mushrooms. They took an immense intrest, especially Durandus. With the information on these mushrooms, Imagine what could have happened in Nam. if he had these.

Well, when we exited the cave, we were met with an unexpected, and utterly unwanted, suprise. About 60 zombies were stumbling up the hill after us. The troops hadn't seen anything like this so far, and thusly they opened fire. They managed to mow down most of the threat, getting about 20, and splitting about 3 in half (both ways). But they kept coming at us. In the end, it was Durandus' trigger finger that saved us all. He blasted the zombies with the full tank of gas, burning them, along with the trees around it.

Well, I shouldn't say the end exactly. What with the burning forest we had to escape to the base camp. And there were the matter of the troops turning zombie as well. Apparently, the three that had been cut in half had been attacking the troops in the smoke. So now it was about 18 zombie troops with AK-47's and 3 half-zombies hiding in the smoke, against me, Durandus with a Dai-katana, and two other troops, in an arena of fire. Nice. Well, since Durandus still had the flamethrower (useless until I got more gasolene from the Army) He decided to go out clubbing. Or, braining, bludgeoning, whatever term you wished to use. He jumped at one zombie, and started to beat him, when I noticed that there was another coming up from behind him. So I put my katana to good use, and surprised Durandus with a decayng face on a stick. Meanwhile, the other troops managed to finally fire a few rounds into the zombie menace, downing about 10, and getting the other 2 halfies.

Turns out, it was Durandus again who saved our hides. He couldn't carry the weight of the flamethrower on his back for much longer, so he threw it at the flamethrower, tank and all, at one of the zombie troops. Due to a reactionary response in the now-decaying brain, its fingers clenched. Around the trigger. And, since the zombies were, for the most part, all lined up, the stray bullets left the barrel and entered all but 1 of the zombies. Together, the troops remainng turned it into a moldy swiss cheese.

Then, a large burning tree trunk falling right next to us reminded us that we were in a rapidly burning forest. I told Durandus to take the flamethrower, and, with much mutterings and grumblings, we left that acursed part of the forest.

20 miles later, a little shaken and a little burned, not to mention tired beyond comprehension, we came upon an old shack. Durandus started to excite wildly, and ran into the shack. He later came out, brimming with supplies. He said that this was his fort, and that he had enough supplies to last almost 3 months if we needed to. A cough in the corner of the shack reminded me that we had two other members of the group. I asked them their names, and Bronach and Eadaoin were the responses I got. I wonder why I always get stuck with the ones with unable-to-remember-correctly names? And what made it worse was the fact that they were twins, of obviously Irish desent. About 29 each, they had red hair, freckles, and wore matching Army Ops. uniforms. But that was where the similarities ended. Bronach was thin, quiet, and unusually depressing. That's all we needed. Meanwhile, Eadaoin was round, slightly shorter than Bronach, and always was in good spirits. Or drank good spirits. whichever spirit it was, he had plenty of both to go around.

We introduced ourselves, and I asked Durandus about his oppinion on these guys. He said they seemed nice enough, but since they were in the Army, we'd have to watch out for them. Well, I welcomed them aboard our little group, and readily set up our supplies.

NEW MEMBER: Bronach
ITEMS WITH: AK_47 (almost used clip, with bayonnette attachment)Battle Axe, Spear, Body Spray, waterproof matches, and an Army-grade survival pack. Also supplies from the bodies of the other troops, such as ammo rounds for all our weapons, and food/canteens
EXPERIENCE: New recruit, was drafted into the Army, has McGyver abilities, and can sing. Best friends with, and a brother to, Eadaoin.

NEW MEMBER: Eadaoin
ITEMS WITH: Sniper rifle, Scimtar, Chakrams, Flint/Steel, Gasoline dousing, plus an Army grade survival pack (stocked with wine). Also, supplies from the bodies of other troops, such as a Blowtorch, and a small Handgun.
EXPERIENCE: New recruit, was drafted into the Army, has exquisite cooking abilities, and is good at stand-up. Best friends with, and a brother to, Bronach.

After a little while, Bronach stated that we should go to the Camp the Army set up, not 30 miles from here. I recomended that we should regain our energies, and try to go in a few days time. Eadaoin cooked us up some good stir-fry using the mushrooms, a few herbs, and a stove Bronach managed to whip up using a 2 coat hangers, the Blowtorch, and a few bits of ammo rounds found in the shack and pounded flat against one another. Good eats, but I was still causious of them. You never know...

(Side Note: Hey you guys, I was thinking of maybe turning this into a short story. Send me a message with your oppinions on the matter. I could use the ideas of fellow zombie-survivors. Thanks!)

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

In real life I broke a few bones!

gameman12
gameman12
59 posts
Nomad

i want to join!

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

I will start with a Shalion spade an all use rifle a katana and flint and steel. I am a pilot in the Canadian forces but went through commando training if i was ever shot down. My fort is a large bunker with many places for machine guns and corridors to fend off the zombies if any one wants to join me i am in the middle of saschateman i will just camp out killing zombies

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

i looked out of the slit and saw the zombies coming about 20 of them i grabbed the rifle and started firing bang rack rack bang rack rack and so on withing a minute they were all lying on the ground i walked away to my jet using a spit engine that they designed before the zombies took over i hopped in and flew off to the supermarket it took me 2 minutes i stocked up using the empty bombs to have food and flew back when i was cicling i saw the zombies rise from the ground and attack my biunker i used the minigun and strafed the zombies buzzzzzzzzzz and they were all dead this was my avergage day

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

Day 2

I stared out the window of my bunker looking for zombies i turned away but i heard a short buzz as I did i looked back and saw a tank with a minigun on top. i ran to the top of my bunker and lit a fire. i saw it turn away but then saw the cannon shoot. finally i can fix something i thought as it came closer all of a sudden the tank slowed and kept coming towards me dang another day before it gets here i sighed and went to bed

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

You may not have the spade and the katana, chose one or the other. If you chose the katana, you may chose another.

Showing 106-117 of 117