ForumsWEPROTHER Religions?

20 7619
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

So here I am just chilling out being a christian, reading A TON of threads on here where Christians and Non-Christians (assumed mostly atheist) go back and forth endlessly (The atheists sounding so much more intelligent about 99% of the time, which is so discouraging to me haha) about who's right and who's wrong and this is why and blah blah. That's great, but where are the debates/discussions over the other religions? If you have other threads in mind please point me in their direction.

• 20 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

A lot of people say Mormons are not Christians, including Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholics.

People like to make themselves seem better by calling out others. If everyone else is wrong, well, the one remaining must be right, right?

Despite that Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity, and when they like to claim that Christianity has been around for over 2000 years I can point at them and say no, just a little over 600 since Catholics aren't Christian.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Despite that Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity, and when they like to claim that Christianity has been around for over 2000 years I can point at them and say no, just a little over 600 since Catholics aren't Christian.

Wait, what? It's probably my fault, but I don't follow. Are you saying Catholics aren't Christian, or are you being sarcastic?
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

That's great, but where are the debates/discussions over the other religions?

To put this quite simply and bluntly there is one main reason.

1. Not enough people give a **** about any of these other religions within the AG community. We have occasional one or two threads about Judaism, or Islams, but they die almost immediately.
Enryuu
Enryuu
4 posts
Nomad

My religion is an Arabic religion and no one can convert to it. It's called Druze, and it's a very unknown religion. Don't believe me look it up on Google.

Where do you come from? The US or the Middle East? I live in Israel so I know what are you talking about.

With all do respect to relgion, I'm Anti-theist, I don't like religion, In my point of view, religion keeps you in the dark, In Israel we got a neighbourhood in Jerusalem calld 100 Gates (literal translation), the people in there are crazy, they think that because they pray and study ALL DAY LONG!!! makes them holy and righteous. Basicly what I don't like about religion is the thing that you think you're a part of some religion it makes better then other people, and I don't mean anyone here at the site, I'm talking in a general way.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Other religions?
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Klarinelogy89/untitled.jpg
Impossible.

No, I like most other religions. Religion is both a hinderment, salvation, and doom. Now? I do not know what I think about it. But one thing is for sure;
What you have accomplished at the end of the day is the measure of you, not what you have thought of or prayed for.

Showing 16-20 of 20