ForumsWEPRWhat happened to good ol USA?

49 8961
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed that the USA has slipped from its founding principles? Our founding fathers came to america in an attempt to escape prosacution and what are we doing posacuting mexicans who do jobs we dont want, most of them have more patriotism then most of our government officials. Now we think we can go around "fixing the world" by starting war??!! So my question to you fellow armorgamers what happend to the good ol USA?

• 49 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I have been wondering that all my life and you are the first person i have ever seen that says the same thing. Thank you so much i have been waiting for some one else to say that to.

But seriously, we have lost all of are core values and barely follow the constitution any more.

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Economy is failing on the people. Worst is that the gas prices are going up. And peopl are becomeing more and more poor by the second.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

This is not just happening in the US. Petrol over here in the UK costs like £1.30 or $2.60 a litre.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

In my town gas prices went down 20 cents this week.
Also the US economy is the largest and the fastest growing in the world. Who told you it was failing?

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@snowman1474

Patriate act... Do you know what this act does???? It gives law enforcement the right to search you, your house, your personal belongings without a search warrent if they suspect you to be a terrorist... Now they could just say that you search everything about you... IT SUCKS!

Well, if you might be a terrorist then some of this stuff might be good to know if you're against terrorists. Besides, why should you be worried? If you have nothing to hide then whats the problem?
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Ninjacube
This goes against the Constitution which paves the way for future abuses, it squelches free speech (and unwarranted search), even if the target is a terrorist it violates fundamental rights, also most targets are not actually terrorists.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

we have to help all but we can't help ourself

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@nercromancer

I understand that it goes against unwarranted search amendment at first glance, but the Patriot Act is the warrannt. If the FBI decides that a certain person is a terrorist then they take it to a commitee that works kind of like our judicial branch and they vote on it and if they decide that there is enough evidence to support a warrant then they search you.
I'm not exactly sure how it squelches free speech, but no one here should be worried about being searched if they don't have anything to hide. If your not a terrorist then they'll search you decide you're not one and be done with it. No harm done.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Ninjacube-
Parts of the USA Patriot Act has already been deemed unconstitutional in several courts.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@necromancer

Parts of the USA Patriot Act has already been deemed unconstitutional in several courts

Tell me then what parts do you believe are unconstitutional that would cause these federal courts to do this?
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@ ninjacube- If you are going to attempt to support an argument at least use wikipedia to get started (then get better sources from there).
The fifth paragraph down in the linked section talks about the searches, that were deemed unconstitutional.

Squalick
Squalick
68 posts
Nomad

"If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about."

As an activist, as a leftist, as a consumer of certain drugs deemed illegal, and most of all as a proponent of democratic progress, I have something to worry about when it comes to the police being given greater powers. You don't have to be doing something wrong for the law to dislike you, in fact, you don't even have to be doing something illegal.

Standing eye-to-eye with a bull-faced cop, listening to them with a smirk as they say "well, let's see what's in your bag, then!" with complete confidence displaying their sick, twisted love of power, and then responding, calmly and humbly, with: "where's your search warrant, buddy?" and seeing all of that confidence drain out of them as they resort to even more primitive fear tactics is always a wonderful and empowering moment in life, afforded to me by rights I am not willing to give up.

As a Canadian I am not directly affected by the patriot act, but it sets a precedent for power centres all over the world to abuse people that they don't like.

And the terrorists? I recommend preventive medicine rather than reactionary repressive measures that end up hurting the good citizen more than anyone else. Maybe we - the west - should just stop pissing people off?

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@squalick
Being Canadian I can't really say much about your argument being that I know next to nothing about Canada's government and laws. In America, the Fourth Amendment protects us against unreasonable search and seizure. Being that you willingly admit to consuming illegal drugs, I would deem that if an authority came up to you and asked to search you, that his request would be reasonable. The Patriot Act doesn't affect you in that example, because unless you happened to have had a nuclear device in that bag, I doubt that he thought you were a terrorist. The Patriot Act gives out free search warrants to FBI agents who give sufficent evidence to our judicial branch of government that suggests the possibility of domestic terrorism. Terrorism is an unlawful use of violence against civilians or the government. There are strict codes on the Patriot Act that, if broken by an agent, there will be serious consequences for.

Btw, the Patriot Act was supported by majorities of both democratic and republican parties.

bobism
bobism
20 posts
Nomad

In my opinion it all is to blame on one specific person... the president. I mean he's the one who got the country into a war and made this country suck. The U.S. has had it's share of problems in the past but with bush they just got worst. I cant wait for obama or mccain to get into office and bush to get out.

Hippyonfire
Hippyonfire
34 posts
Nomad

fuck you. you american fags suck my english balls mofos NIGGAS!!!!

Showing 31-45 of 49