ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233213
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

@Bronze

Would've made more sense to put swap U and N's positions.
But, hey, it's a good idea.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

@GoH
I thought that, but the N comes first in the alphabet.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I know, but wouldn't it have been more 'unnatural' to the abnormal thing?

Anyhow; it doesn't matter. :P

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I know, but wouldn't it have been more 'unnatural' to the abnormal thing?

Anyhow; it doesn't matter. :P

Unnatural is very normal for me. So doing the natural thing was the unnatural thing. blah blah unnatural unnatural natural = my thought process.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Heh, okay.
I think I understand.

Nonetheless, 'twas a good idea.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

No imagination, and as a plus, terrible scanning like in the old times:
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/gaboloth/img033.jpg
By the way... I would love it if someone had to say anything on my art thread... advertising...

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

one day left guys, get everything in.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Lil question..what y'all using for your beautiful arts?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

You probably wasn't asking me, or you would have left that "beautiful" out, right? :P Anyway, all I used is a B pencil, a paper sheet, and a scanner. I used the scanner for darkening the picture a bit too.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Round has ended, entries will no longer be excepted. Judging will be done when Killersup has time.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm back, for the time being, but it'll probably be permanent so long as the imminent storm doesn't wipe my Internet out.

So, uh, what'd I miss?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I'm back, for the time being, but it'll probably be permanent so long as the imminent storm doesn't wipe my Internet out.

So, uh, what'd I miss?

Judging of last theme (I won somehow, I think it was the colours?), the new theme being family. The new theme stopping being family and becoming UN-natural, me being annoyed with this, no one else being annoyed with this... People posting their entries and the round being closed.
We are now waiting for when Killersup has time to judge.

All in all, not a whole lot.

@pang: I think, currently, it's safe to say we are all pencil artisticating, and some of us also ink and colour, but it's pretty much all traditional media which we have at hand?
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit that I was slightly annoyed when I noticed the change of theme because I had already started to do a family themed drawing. But, to be honest, it was just a sketch, so it wasn't a big deal.

@pangtongshu: don't ask me why, but I decided to use charcoal.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

We are now waiting for when Killersup has time to judge.

Expect it to be done sometime tomorrow, Definitely not today.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Expect it to be done sometime tomorrow, Definitely not today.

Could you perhaps postpone other stuff, so you can get it done early tomorrow? I do want the opportunity to enter the next round while I still have access to my tools.
Showing 346-360 of 565