ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233202
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@ChromeDeathRazor: I've realized right now that you've included me in your drawing. It is cute, thanks

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I hate to hear all of that Cen. It seems like whenever I join a competition I doom it. I'm cursed I guess.

Anywho...

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/alley-1.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, it was taken with my ipod.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

OK guys. Last day to get your pics in. I hopefully will get judging done tomorrow.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Last theme: SuperNatural
4 entries again. Hmmmâ¦always seems to be 4 when I judge. Anyway, sorry that your computer died on you Cen. Now to the judging:
I have to say, the judging was really hard for me this time. But winner is:
Bronze!

The quality doesnât seem that bad to me. The picture is great. You did really well with the lighting and the blurry look. I find it nice and creepy and it fits the theme very well. Being supernatural you didnât have to define everything so you did a good job of keeping it mysterious. I cannot fully well what it is supposed to be and to me that makes it great. Good job Bronze.
Follow Ups:
thepunisher

I cannot really say much. It is very simple and looks like you took no time with it. Maybe add a background to it and work on shadows and highlights. Show me what you can do.
ChromeDeathRazor

It is a great picture and yes it fits the theme. I like how you made it a FPS. I find that very interesting. The thumb looks like it is a little off which bugs me. Also if you had defined the boxes of the stats it would have been a lot better. Right now it is hard to tell what is in the view of the person and what are stats. So if you just used a thicker/darker line that would have helped.
kegaumongo

Wow, if I was a little kid I would be having nightmares about this picture. You did a great job on the sheets, which I think would be the hardest part. I have to admit that it took me a bit to notice some of the things seeing how the kid was the focus point. Still, it was a great drawing.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Last theme: SuperNatural
4 entries again. Hmmmâ¦always seems to be 4 when I judge. Anyway, sorry that your computer died on you Cen. Now to the judging:
I have to say, the judging was really hard for me this time. But winner is:
Bronze!
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/alley-1.jpg
The quality doesnât seem that bad to me. The picture is great. You did really well with the lighting and the blurry look. I find it nice and creepy and it fits the theme very well. Being supernatural you didnât have to define everything so you did a good job of keeping it mysterious. I cannot fully well what it is supposed to be and to me that makes it great. Good job Bronze.
Follow Ups:
thepunisher
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/271/b/2/grim_reaper_by_the_****ed_soul-d5g674u.jpg
I cannot really say much. It is very simple and looks like you took no time with it. Maybe add a background to it and work on shadows and highlights. Show me what you can do.
ChromeDeathRazor
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r588/Joe_Png/IMG_zps15e15f6c.png
It is a great picture and yes it fits the theme. I like how you made it a FPS. I find that very interesting. The thumb looks like it is a little off which bugs me. Also if you had defined the boxes of the stats it would have been a lot better. Right now it is hard to tell what is in the view of the person and what are stats. So if you just used a thicker/darker line that would have helped.
kegaumongo
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/CpiadeSupernatural1.jpg
Wow, if I was a little kid I would be having nightmares about this picture. You did a great job on the sheets, which I think would be the hardest part. I have to admit that it took me a bit to notice some of the things seeing how the kid was the focus point. Still, it was a great drawing.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Sorry about that first mess up guys.

Also we need to talk about the future of this thread. What do you guys want done?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I want this thread to keep going, but I guess the real question is how. On that, I'm not sure. I guess the first thing to do would be to find someone who wants to judge. That won't fix the participation problem though, and I'm drawing a blank on ideas for that.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I would gladly step in as a judge if I was needed, but honestly I don't know enough about art to provide a detailed enough critique on every piece... after all, some of these pictures are worth much more than 1,000 words!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I could judge sometimes but I don't want to be a full time judge. So I would be fine seeing what Skeleton can do if that is OK with you guys.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

If Skeleton wants to judge, I don't have any problem with that. I want this competition to keep going because I enjoy it.
Besides, if the future judge doesn't have time to judge and adds a new theme every two weeks instead of every week, it is fine with me too.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Gotta agree with Kegaumongo, we're here for the fun. Lets do things as long as we are happy with everything. It's OK if the Judging or themes get delayed now and then within reason; after all, the judges still have their own lives and stuff.

However, I would like to suggest that the Judges go easy on the theme... Making harder themes might turn down contestants...

Anyways...

So if you just used a thicker/darker line that would have helped.

I swear... My Scanner is plotting against me... That little B@stard have been always screwing up my artwork...
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, I guess I'm the judge now!

The theme is Secrets and the deadline will be Tuesday, October 9 unless there are any objections! Let me know if the theme is too hard or if there is a problem with the deadline! =)

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I swear... My Scanner is plotting against me... That little B@stard have been always screwing up my artwork...

Scanners are evil like that. One time I spent more time cleaning up the image then I did drawing it because of the printer.
Alright, I guess I'm the judge now!

Yep, unless Cen comes back or people start to hate you. I don't think the latter will happen. The topic seems good. It is better then what I would come up with.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I wish this was something I had the time/patience/skill to paritcipate in. I always thoroughly enjoy looking at everything everyone always submits.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

or people start to hate you.

We're not gonna hate you.... but you've chosen a hard theme, at least for me. I don't know what to draw.

I have a question: can I add a small text to the drawing? Not a long text, just a short sentence.
Showing 151-165 of 565