ForumsSupport ForumFastest way to earn merits

35 5095
DarkGameLord73
DarkGameLord73
18 posts
Nomad

Hey guys, what are the fastest ways to earn merits? Thanks, I appreciate it.

• 35 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There is no fastest way to earn merits. Anytime between now and never is a possibility regardless of the manner in which you pursue them.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I don't even think the moderators check for them anymore. They're slowly fading away. I believe I saw someone say they won't even be on AG3, which saddens me, but oh well.

PAGHEmaster
PAGHEmaster
1 posts
Nomad

how i can pay for uprede on phage game ??????????? i click on the upgrade i see the price but i can pay

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Blergh, I've been trying to get a merit for a month or so. Nothing happened, but the mods said that you will receive a merit after quite a while so... i don't think that merits are disabled :P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The mods do check for them, I know some users who got them recently. The &quotroblem" I dare say, lies not with them but with the users' quality of comments.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

AG just needs more mods, then people would earn merits a little faster.

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

yes but i do kind of agree with the armor games needs more mods thing because if you think about it there are only like 25 mods and like 20 million other people there is no way 25 mods can control all the spam and merits i think it wouldnt hurt if they got more mods

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

if you think about it there are only like 25 mods

There are 8 or 9 and only 1 or 2 of them are active.
i think it wouldnt hurt if they got more mods

If there were suitable candidates they would be mods already.

The whole "deleting spam from games and looking for merits" is silly anyway. There are what, over 2500 games? Most modern sites use a flagging and up/downvote tool for good and bad comments, which does sound more practical. It's just a huge waste of time to sift through comments.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Truth.

Honestly, if more mods were active to check games for merit-worthy comments more often, and actually awarded those who put such comments, people would be more motivated to do so more often.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I know Gantic is active and I have seen posts from Freakenstein and NONAME68. And when I asked Gantic how many were active he said one or two besides him. Of course, activity in the forums does not directly translate to activity in the other half of the site, but it is a sign.

Honestly, if more mods were active to check games for merit-worthy comments more often, and actually awarded those who put such comments, people would be more motivated to do so more often.

You have a point, but people should stop spamming the comments.

p.s. Don't call me a hypocrite because I have been trying to stop spamming.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Of course, activity in the forums does not directly translate to activity in the other half of the site

Yeah, but if you check their profiles on some of them they say they're busy, inactive, or have comments closed, and have been that way for months. Questions on their profiles are usually left unanswered as well.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

No, me and Gantic were talking about this. Gantic says it won't do anything good if there were more mods apparently.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Gantic says it won't do anything good if there were more mods apparently.

It would be most beneficial for the forums, but game comments will still appear to be the same. Just like I said, it's silly to go out and search for spam or merits in the over 2500 games. Let's see, after half an hour to an hour of clearing spam (from probably at most five games), you log out of ArmorGames for the night, then when you get back on tomorrow there will be more pages of spam. However for the forums, since they aren't as active as game comments, mods could clean up and maintain the place better.
The admins just need to release AG3 already with the supposedly amazing new features. They've mentioned including an up/down vote tool and better flagging system.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm looking into comment activity vs. forum activity until my computer gets fixed and I have noticed that comment activity has somewhat stimulated. The last few golden kings' AP is largely sourced from comments. Not only that, but when new games come in at a constant flow and the forum's activity has dropped, people stay with game comments. With only 2 or 3 moderators and waves of spam coming in there's no doubt merits seem to be fading away.

The admins just need to release AG3 already with the supposedly amazing new features. They've mentioned including an up/down vote tool and better flagging system.

I've yet to see a screenshot of any of these things. I feel as though we're given promises but they aren't being fulfilled, fr whatever reason. AG2 was supposed to be updated with a bunch of "awesome" stuff when it came out, but there was little that was given. Most of it seems to have been pushed off until AG3, such as gadgets like the edit button. If memory serves, there was an upvote button for some time. I think it "went away" as a result of an update. I can't remember everything exactly though.

The mods do check for them, I know some users who got them recently. The &quotroblem" I dare say, lies not with them but with the users' quality of comments.

Most likely so. But, if the rules were more strict (I said that horrible word) and slaps on the wrists turns into something more severe spam would recede. Of course, I'm going to receive the argument that strictness is bad, and Cormyn was bad, and it'll run the last remaining members out of our community.

If there were suitable candidates they would be mods already.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cormyn wrote coding for mod-selection, correct? I think it's possible that the coding hasn't been picked up in a while and isn't being used. Not to mention the "small staff team" is Ok for a small forum, but AG has essentially become one of the most popular flash gaming sites in the world.

I don't know, I could just be a huge idiot.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think it's possible that the coding hasn't been picked up in a while and isn't being used.

Probably, but they have a mod forum on the site, where I assume they talk about stuff like this. I'm willing to bet they have a specific thread for talking about future mods, among other things.
Showing 1-15 of 35