ForumsWEPRWill Barack Obama be killed?

47 10586
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I was watching the news the other day and there was a piece on the upcoming presidential elections. It was mentioning the fact that it is a historic event due to the colour of his skin. Personally i belive it is shameful that in this day and age people are even mentioning it yet nonetheless the newsreaders did. Then they brought up the interesting topic that there is a chance that Obama could be killed by a white supremacist. As i live in the UK, i dont know what or if the US media has said about this. I am interested to know from Americans if they think Obama will be killed and their reasons for thinking that.

• 47 Replies
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i've read news about blacks(sorry for this word,i don't know the right word for their race.)

who are of important roles in the country being assaulted.
but,many presidential post people have been known to be killed,like president kennedy.

it's a real sad thing that people would want to kill these people who want to shape the country for the better.

and,it's disturbing that people who are so racist as to kill other races for no reasons.

i once read a news about police in us, beating up a "black" person

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

There have been lots of instances of the police being unfair to blacks all over the world not just america. I remember the race riots in Brixton South London and also the LA riots and rodney King. And not all whites hate blacks. It is just the small minded minority of people who are unwilling to accept change.

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

This is terrible and it says something pretty awful about the world we live in.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

it's always possible, but I think it'll only happen ( if it does) because of some racist bastard

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

I dont like barrack obama but i hope he isint it realy sad when a president is killed (that is if he even is pres.)

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

The thing is Barrack Obama converted from Islam to Chrisianity which means any Muslim can just kill him and not get arrested. That's the Islamic Law.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

wat the hell?

there's such a rule?!

it's absurd!

converting=death?

and no death penalty?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Napolian
Obama is an ethnic Muslim, he was never a practicing Muslim. I've never heard of such a law, although I can imagine such in the really extreme fundamentalist governments.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

you guys barak obama IS NOT a muslim. before you start posting rumors you should read this article. [url=http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp[/url]

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

oops sorry for the double post but since the url code didnt work just cut and paste the the link. or ill see if it works again.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

well if he were a practicing muslim from an islamic country he could be killed as the fundamentalists/extremists would take advantage of not being arrested for it. But here in the u.s. i doubt that it would be that easy. (i talked with a muslim who was considering converting and he was scared for his life...legitametly)

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Unfortunately there is still Racism in America and i have just three letters for you "KKK".

They are the ultimate asshole white supremest group and will positively try and pull something.

I hate to think that but everyone is seeing it coming.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes its at the back of everyones minds but no one wants to be the first person to say it.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

@Ninjacube: Actually, the secret service protects people 'of National Interest'. While they mainly protect the president, they also protect the VP, the Speaker of the House, foreign diginaries (The Pope has SS protection during his visit to the US) and presidental candidates. Obama already has SS protection (so does McCain). Interesting, Obama got protection much earlier than usual, with the SS citing his race as a major factor.

@Everyone arguing about muslim death penalties: While it is true that Muslims can be executed for converting, that requires a religious court to condemn the person. It's not like people can just go out and cap someone and be like "convert, can't touch this". Also, just for perspective, some Pope made a proclamation that Catholics can kill any non-Catholic and get no religious penalty. Do you see Catholics running around killing off non-Catholics? Rather the same thing with Muslims.

About assassination in general: Consider that Presidents are not actually assassinated for rational or semi-rational reasons. (Granted, I don't think racism is all that rational in this day and age, but it's at least sorta semi-rational). John Hinckley shot Reagan because he wanted to impress Jodi Foster. JFK was shot to keep the space aliens from turning him into a communist (or something equally wacky). I think Garfield was shot because some guy's wife said she liked him. (I don't think Garfield had actually met this woman). So if someone is going to try to assassinate Obama, they will probably be a total nutjob incapable of actually pulling off an assassination.

I'm sure the good Senator is concerned about it, but obviously anyone running for public office would be.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@kanethebrain- According to Wikipedia "Guiteau [Garfields assassinator] was upset because of the rejection of his repeated attempts to be appointed as the United States consul in Parisâ"a position for which he had absolutely no qualifications." Still however an irrational reason to kill.

Showing 31-45 of 47