Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[dup]Is Christianity a Waste of Time

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 11:55am

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Basic christian morals actualy detest the actions of most things done i the name of god the entire point of cristianity is for us to become Crist like.Christ was without sin and he was the only being to live without sin.put that in pipe and smoke unless you dont like smoking then you can use a chewable substance.

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 8:07pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Again I have to disagree, while it does contain good guidelines it also contains equally horrific guidelines.

well that was part of the frills. guess i had to write more down then just that.

point is, we have to by hyper active whit a scissor.
then we could make a nice guide out of it.

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 8:29pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

The vast majority had few, if any, alterior motives.

it also helped that the church was the richest of all leaders and that they could pay the knights much more then any lord or most kings could.
and by becoming a crusade you were acquitted of your previous crimes.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 5:15am

nahiyanman

nahiyanman

14 posts

I don't know that Cristianity is a waste of time or not because I am not a Christian but a Muslim.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 12:57pm

StrykerGalactic

StrykerGalactic

1 post

Everybody has 20/20 vision looking back. When you are a person of faith, you don't see it as a waste. However, looking back almost everyone who has found either another belief or lack thereof, regrets or finds, their old ways a waste.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 3:05pm

lmac4

lmac4

2 posts

What we know as christianity was created by a Constantine the Great, a pagan, he "became a christian" because it was a good buisness opportunity. It was all adapted from pagan believes, and now people follow every word of it like it came from the mouth of God. oh and i am a catholic and i go to church every week

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 6:14pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

What we know as christianity was created by a Constantine the Great, a pagan, he "became a christian" because it was a good buisness opportunity. It was all adapted from pagan believes, and now people follow every word of it like it came from the mouth of God.

oh and i am a catholic and i go to church every week

may i just ask why?
you somehow deny everything christian, and claim it to be pagan.
but still pray and sing and stuff to worship mr.gody
if you really want to believe in a god(s) and you believe that your current believe is made up from the pagan religion. shouldn't you be worshiping the pagan gods? pray, sing and bring offers for them. instead of your current god?

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 6:53pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

What we know as christianity was created by a Constantine the Great, a pagan, he "became a christian" because it was a good buisness opportunity. It was all adapted from pagan believes, and now people follow every word of it like it came from the mouth of God. oh and i am a catholic and i go to church every week

There are numerous forms of Christianity, Catholicism being one of them. While it is true many elements of Christianity are derived from pagan religions we really can't place Christianity as a whole as being the product of a single individual.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 12:11am

godandd

godandd

106 posts

"There is one mountain, but many paths..."

I think this scroll in spore is the right answer to these debates. Your religion is not a waste of time if you really believe your doing the right thing, Arguing about it is bad. Shamans follow this scroll dearly, and are very passive on any other race. On the other hand, Zealots, the other kind of religion, Is ignorant and just like warrior empires, demands tribute from time to time. Science is equally ignorant claiming that your to stupid to exist if they go to war with you. My personal archetype is a diplomat: I don't care who the hell you are, or if you believe in religion or not, I'm gonna keep good terms with you.