ForumsThe TavernWhat the heck is wrong with coconuts?

30 5429
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Thats right I'm back with another fruit question what the heck is wrong with coconuts.

Ok lets get started *clears throat* What the heck is wrong with coconuts? Why do they look like bowling balls? Why r they hairy? I thought cows only made milk am I wrong? And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

Thank you for ur time.

• 30 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I don't know what's wrong with coconuts. I like coconuts, though they are a bit hard to open.

Why do they look like bowling balls?

You'll understand it when you're desperate to play and you can't find a bowling ball.

Why r they hairy?

Coconuts are unable to shave themselves.

I thought cows only made milk am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. For example, goats make milk too.

And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

To be honest, I don't know. According to Wikipedia, fresh coconut milk has a consistency and mildly sweet taste similar to cow's milk. That may be the reason.

Thank you for ur time.

You're welcome.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Dude you have an unhealthy obsession with exotic fruit.

SamuelFire
SamuelFire
25 posts
Nomad

What's wrong with coconuts?

Nothing. In fact I have a bunch of them and I think they're lovely. Here they are standing in a row:

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Though honestly they are a pain to open. I use a hammer personally.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

And im proud of it
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,781 posts
Chamberlain

too true
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Why do they look like bowling balls?

No, actually, the question is, why do bowling balls look like coconuts? One had to come before the other, and well, bowling balls don't grow on trees.

And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

It's less juice-like than coconut water.

Though honestly they are a pain to open.

Not if you have a cocotap on hand.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

When I went to Hawaii there was a guy serving coconuts, and he would cut them in half with a machete. The "milk" of the coconut tastes kind of bizarre, but I like it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Coconut milk tastes funny. Its not right, milk shouldnt come from plants! I saw a stand where a guy sells coconut milk. But he is cheep. He has a giant bin of coconuts, a drill and a box of straws. I go to try some expecting him to poor it into a glass or plastic cup. Nope. He drills into the coconut, sticks the straw in the hole and hands it to me. It was hairy and weird tasting juice so I gave it to my family. They enjoyed it. Then people started laughing at them for walking around with a giant hairy nut. Glad I never did that

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Pouring it into a glass? You're doing it wrong that's why people laugh at you. You're supposed to drink the milk and eat the flesh. Which is why they give you the whole nut. Coconuts are an integral part of the cuisine where I come from, I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Is it true coconut milk is really fatty? I like the flesh though. (We all sound like a zombie?)

NotoriousJuicy
NotoriousJuicy
15 posts
Nomad

Nothing, I like coconuts. They taste very good, I love them.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

okay lets get this straight. coconut milk is actually the flesh of the coconut blended and or juiced. it is then mixed with actual milk, water, sugar and some other stuff. basically coconut milk is man made.

coconut water is natural, has triple the pottasium of a banana, and 4 times the electrolytes of gatorade. plus it is full of protein.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

coconut water is natural, has triple the pottasium of a banana, and 4 times the electrolytes of gatorade. plus it is full of protein.

and tastes like dirty dish water

one day we got a coconut, cracked it open and drank the water. No one ever bought a coconut since,
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You just got rotten nuts. If you want to try coconut water and that if better quality, buy the canned version.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Coconuts look like they are on steroids

Showing 1-15 of 30