ForumsThe TavernWhat the heck is wrong with coconuts?

30 5440
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Thats right I'm back with another fruit question what the heck is wrong with coconuts.

Ok lets get started *clears throat* What the heck is wrong with coconuts? Why do they look like bowling balls? Why r they hairy? I thought cows only made milk am I wrong? And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

Thank you for ur time.

• 30 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Pouring it into a glass? You're doing it wrong that's why people laugh at you. You're supposed to drink the milk and eat the flesh. Which is why they give you the whole nut. Coconuts are an integral part of the cuisine where I come from, I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

No you miss understand. I expected him to pour it into a glass. Similar to a smoothie or something. That's what I ment, but it didn't happen.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

No you misunderstand me too. My main point of you doing it wrongly was not the glass but not eating the flesh.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

the only problem with coconuts is that they're nonmigratory and they can't be carried by european swallows.

can't believe no one brought Monty Python up yet.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I want to go bowling with a coconut.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,783 posts
Chamberlain

oh man, your right zakyman, how could i have not quoted them by now? SHAME ON ME!!! at first i thought you were R2 because of the armatar, and i was like what (yeah basically, but don't worry, i thought it in a masculine way)

~manly man

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

your face.

no, they are covered with hair. I'm fine with 'em except they're covered with hair.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Food for thought, its more likely to be attacked by a cocanut than a shark.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I tried coconut milk one time and it tasted horrible. In my opinion there are only two reasons for coconuts:
1. If I am ever stuck on an uninhabited island with to fresh water, no way off and no way to purify sea water, I can drink coconut milk.
2. If you cut it in half an empty all the milk out then hit them together it sounds like the "horses" in Monty Python.

By the way an average of 150 people are killed worldwide by coconuts every year.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So much hatred on the coconut water.

It can taste wildly different from nut to nut. The nasty ones are indeed awful, but I've had a good few that were deliciously sweet. Although kinda sugar beety in flavour.

Such a hassle to get the flesh out, though.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'll tell you what's wrong with coconuts -- these people think it's cute to make comical coconut heads and sell them in stores. You see them designed as pirates, monkeys, (I think there was a couple with robot faces), and the like. And then you take the rascal home, you set it on your dashboard, and you take a really good look at it. A really good look at it.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3190/coconuthead.png

Do you want....THIS...to look at you every night when you sleep?

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Why do they look like bowling balls? Why r they hairy? I thought cows only made milk am I wrong? And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

Im going to try to answer these questions as best as I can, which Im sure, is going to suck.

Q 1: Well.... most fruits (nobody really knows what a coconut is really) are round, so a coconut is round. Nature likes round I guess.

Q 2: Cause they got funk

Q 3: Yes you are wrong, humans can make milk. And goats. And dogs. Basically any female mammal can produce milk.

Q 4: People like the idea of calling it milk......? I don't know.

Thats all I got man. Im done.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wow I thought I got rid of this thread months ago but whatever.

an average of 150 people are killed worldwide by coconuts every year.

Well Hawaii is off the list of places I wanna go to.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Do you want....THIS...to look at you every night when you sleep?

No, but I don't sleep in my car most nights so it shouldn't be a problem.

But speaking of cars and coconuts, I thought it appropriate to bring up Clayton Tugonon's coconut stalk car.

http://ohiodesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/clayton-tugonons-una-cebu-car-is-crafted-with-coconut-stalks-lead-537x396.jpg

http://ohiodesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/clayton-tugonon-una-cebu-car-from-coconut-stalks-1-537x373.jpg

He has an interesting Cebu furniture line as well, which also involves the use of coconut twigs.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I gather that coconut juice is better with a shot of white rum.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Why do they look like bowling balls?

Other way around. Why do bowling balls look like coconuts, though in my honest opinion they don't.

Why r they hairy?

Well I'm not really sure.. They just are..

I thought cows only made milk am I wrong?

Uh.. What? I thought all mammals can produce milk.. And coconut milk is actually man made, the natural made ''juice'' is just called coconut water.

And why do they call it coconut milk and not coconut juice?

It is technically a juice because the way to get it is by extracting ''juice'' by passing milk through grated coconut, or so it is said on wikipedia.
Showing 16-30 of 30