Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

A New Political Party

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 11:54pm

Omnihero10

Omnihero10

314 posts

I think we sould have Devlope a new party, a More logical, and thoughtful party, that isn't bound by a religion or a certain, determination, to a political view.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 12:06am

Sauron23

Sauron23

263 posts

It's a good idea, but it's not as simple as just making a party. It doesn't work like that. The problem with our parties is that a lot of people won't even consider the ideas of the other party.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 12:12am

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

I think we sould have Devlope a new party, a More logical, and thoughtful party, that isn't bound by a religion or a certain, determination, to a political view.

....Go ahead. You need to find enough people to get your guy voted in, which will be difficult to do to start with, after forming your actual ideas. This will be difficult do to on a regional level, let alone a national level in congress, the supreme court, and especially not the president. Each would require the majority of the state, or country in the case of the president, to be on your side.

Why do you capitalize random words?

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 1:07am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,534 posts

Knight

that isn't bound by a religion

I've always wanted there to be a mainstream party that was in no way affiliated with any particular religion. Sadly, it would not get very far in this country due to there being so many people who would have no problem voting and passing religious beliefs into laws.

I don't vote for any candidate who mentions "God" in their speech.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 1:21am

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

I don't vote for any candidate who mentions "God" in their speech.

So...You don't vote? It is an interesting criteria to go off of, to say the least...

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 1:47am

Kasic

Kasic

5,568 posts

I've always wanted there to be a mainstream party that was in no way affiliated with any particular religion.

Pfft.

I don't understand why we don't just flat out dispose of the party system. It creates an "us vs them" attitude and tries to force varying goals and ideals into two opposing sides. Now if there were more than two dominant parties, this wouldn't be so much of an issue, but no parties at all would be best. Just do what works, and improve what works, fix what doesn't and -then- bicker about why something isn't fair or should be different while the economy isn't floundering.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 1:51am

Omnihero10

Omnihero10

314 posts

yes, this is true, but i think the idea with catch on easly. The Main public "problems" like:

Gay Rights
Health care Contraception
The "Wars" in the middle east

all of those question can be answers by pure logic and reason.

Gay rights: Hello? isnt this America? What happened to equal rights for all? Then again, the Founding fathers had slaves, but the idea still stands. And didnt the Cival Rights state that a person shall not be Discreminated by there Race, creed, ethnicity, and color. Sexuality is technailly a Creed.
(republician)
Well the bible clearly states!
(me again)
The founding fathers state that the USA shall not be governed by religion, and above all, Christianity. Google it! seriously, John Adams hated Christians with a passion " Christianity is the Perversion of a religion"

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 1:56am

Kasic

Kasic

5,568 posts

Advocating pure logic and reason is no better than advocating only passion and whim.

Anyways, people just aren't like that. It won't happen.

Sexuality is technailly a Creed.

No it's not.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 2:00am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,851 posts

Knight

If you think logic and reason can work in politics you need two quarts of reality, a spoonful of cynicism and some pills of truth. That and more reading of the news today.

People aren't going to buy into logic or reason. Just look on the Internetz

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 2:02am

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

yes, this is true, but i think the idea with catch on easly. The Main public "problems" like:

Gay Rights
Health care Contraception
The "Wars" in the middle east

Forming the ideas is part 1. Getting people to follow them is the hard part.

Gay rights: Hello? isnt this America? What happened to equal rights for all? Then again, the Founding fathers had slaves, but the idea still stands. And didnt the Cival Rights state that a person shall not be Discreminated by there Race, creed, ethnicity, and color. Sexuality is technailly a Creed.

Do you know what a "creed is"? Regardless, even assuming you are correct, how would you get the majority needed to run a successful republic on your side?

(republician)
Well the bible clearly states!

I like how it is a Republican, since of course the Democrats, Communists, Libertarians, Labor Party, Christian Liberty party, Etc will all agree with you whole heartedly and put up no  resistance to your ideals.

The founding fathers state that the USA shall not be governed by religion, and above all, Christianity. Google it! seriously, John Adams hated Christians with a passion " Christianity is the Perversion of a religion"

They also said that they would allow people to believe in whatever the hell religion they want. The government can't be run by a religion, nor can it force religion on it's people. But that means it also can't stop people from voting what they think their god wants. You can stop governments from being controlled by religion, but many people are still controlled by it. Are you saying the people with religious objections are just going to go "Well if the founding fathers are all for it, then that must mean everything I know is wrong. Alright, make this guy president!"

Reply to A New Political Party

You must be logged in to post a reply!