ForumsWEPRFemale President?

70 30468
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Do you think the U.S.A will ever have a female president ? If they ever do I hope for their sake its not Sarah Palin. Also I am glad in Australia we dont have politicians that stupid. I think Michelle Obama would be great

• 70 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh, I am sure there will be one. Soon as you start voting sensibly.
Women are, by nature, more level headed, less inclined to rash decisions, more prone to listen to others, and have more common sense. Everything you need for a ruler!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

woman also are very caring for their family. and often do not want to have a full time job but rather work part time.

this is 1 of the biggest reasons why there still are not much female "leaders". it's to much work for them. they are not willing to sacrifice as much as man do.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

woman also are very caring for their family. and often do not want to have a full time job but rather work part time.

this is 1 of the biggest reasons why there still are not much female "leaders". it's to much work for them. they are not willing to sacrifice as much as man do.

Not in the U.S.
Lots of women there live by themselves and take care of their kids, with no husband. Many women work full-time, women often sacrifice more then men.
The only reason there are so few women leaders is because men don't like voting for women. And that is the only main reason. Without men's weakness in voting, you'd have a woman as the President.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

A female president in the US? That'll never happen, not there. And I'm sure the first woman that the Republicans would be ready to vote for would be some kind of Maggie Tatcher clone, a horrible lady even worse than their male counterpart, crafted from the strong concurrence and discrimination. A president like masterforger described would be wonderful, unluckily she wouldn't stand a chance to get elected.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i actually wouldnt surprised if one day a woman would be allected FOR being a woman. when people feel a person has less chances because of something like that its actually the opposite. i will also go wild and say that women will naturally feel closer (espacially since she will be the first lady) to her.

i dont think i sounded sexist but just in case... im not

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of coming here was black ops 2?

we dont have politicians that stupid

ALL politicians are stupid.
its not Sarah Palin

Wait... What's that in the distance? Is that...Russia from my backyard?
I think Michelle Obama would be great

lol no. Just no. Just friking no.
Now because I said that, more likely than not one of you will get butt hurt and comeback with some sort of argument that I most likely won't see ever again because, as I said, I thought only of black ops 2.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Women are, by nature, more level headed, less inclined to rash decisions, more prone to listen to others, and have more common sense. Everything you need for a ruler!

Yeah! Lets vote using sexism! What happened to you, forger? Did your disease cause you to need a lobotomy?

Lots of women there live by themselves and take care of their kids, with no husband. Many women work full-time, women often sacrifice more then men.
The only reason there are so few women leaders is because men don't like voting for women. And that is the only main reason. Without men's weakness in voting, you'd have a woman as the President.

Bs. The reason that there have been few women leaders is the same reason that we have not had a black president for so long and we won't have another minority president for a while. They don't get elected because they have not gotten on the roster to get elected, and that is pretty much the only reason.

A female president in the US? That'll never happen, not there. And I'm sure the first woman that the Republicans would be ready to vote for would be some kind of Maggie Tatcher clone, a horrible lady even worse than their male counterpart, crafted from the strong concurrence and discrimination. A president like masterforger described would be wonderful, unluckily she wouldn't stand a chance to get elected.

Really? That old "All republicans are sexist" thing? Sarah Palin, a women who showed many of the things Republicans liked, was a vice president candidate. The women the Republicans will vote for is a Republican women. The women the Democrats will vote for will be a Democrat. America will probably have one in the future, the second a competent one decides to run as a republican/democrat.

i actually wouldnt surprised if one day a woman would be allected FOR being a woman. when people feel a person has less chances because of something like that its actually the opposite. i will also go wild and say that women will naturally feel closer (espacially since she will be the first lady) to her.

i dont think i sounded sexist but just in case... im not

You are somewhat correct, if I read you right. Idiots like Forger will vote for a women out of sexism, and there will no doubt be a few women who vote for her out of simple want for wanting a women in office, the same way there where a few people who voted for Obama for wanting a black president.

Wait... What's that in the distance? Is that...Russia from my backyard?

...When did she say that, anyway? I can never find the original source.

Women leaders have, historically, been NO DIFFERENT then male leaders. Bloody Marry, anyone? Name any historical female leader. Go ahead. Now name a few historical male leaders. Assuming you didn't choose the outliers (You could have chosen a great man and a horrible women, or a horrible man and an evil women, throwing off the scenario) from around the same time and culture, and they will be near identical leaders.

This is America. Land of the free, where everyone is equal. Ideally, race, religion, and gender should have nothing to do with who gets your vote. Saying "Will we have a female president?" Is like saying "Will we have an Asian president?", the real question is "Does it matter?"
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I just came here to say, uh, everything 314d1 did. Good job man.

One point to reenforce: Women leaders will not be different from male leaders. They will consistently act in the best interests of their nation and maintaining its power while advancing the goals of their party. Understanding this truth should be an important part of voting habits.

And while the reasons women have not held chief executive office are complex and uncertain, I'm sure no one wants to read my 1500 word essay on the matter. 314d1's narrative is basically correct: historical disadvantages continue to oppress minorities and women despite legal equality... if they have it. I'd like to take this time to point out that the USA explicitly does not have equal rights across the sexes. So if anyone was gonna make a point built around the notion that it does, you know, don't.

I'm sure I'll see a female president in my lifetime. I'm not really worried about it either way. Oh, and you CAN see Russia from parts of Alaska. Stop being tools.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Sarah Palin, a women who showed many of the things Republicans liked, was a vice president candidate.

I always got the impression the only reason she was picked for vice president was to help pull in votes just because she was a woman. It was something of a sick stage show.

Though overall I agree with what both 314d1 and Xzeno said.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I think Michelle Obama would be great
I quote pickpocket:
lol no. Just no. Just friking no.
Well said sir.
Also, I definitely agree with 314d1.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

After getting a black president, a woman becoming one will probably finish the conservatives who are racist and wants women to stay in the kitchen and be dumb. I hope that after Obama is reelected, a woman will get the next presidency just to bother those backward warmongers. xD

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Using a monarch as an example to show how women will be equally flawed isn't the best of comparisons.

There is evidence that women are better politicians. Women sponsored more bills (an average of three more per Congress), cosponsored more bills (an average of 26 more per Congress), and attracted a greater number of cosponsors than their colleagues who use the other restroom. These new laws driven by women were not only enactedâ"they were popular. In a pair of additional working papers, led by Ohio State political scientists Craig Volden and Alan Wiseman, researchers tracked every bill introduced between 1981 and 2009, and found that those sponsored by women survived deeper into the legislative process, garnered more press attention, and were more likely to be deemed 'important' overall. All of which leads the authors of the AJPS paper, University of Chicago Public Policy Professor Christopher Berry and his student and Stanford doctoral candidate Sarah Anzia, to conclude that itâs the women themselvesâ"specifically, their skills at "logrolling, agenda-setting, coalition building, and other deal-making activities"â"that are responsible for the gender-performance divide.

Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Do you think the U.S.A will ever have a female president ? If they ever do I hope for their sake its not Sarah Palin. Also I am glad in Australia we dont have politicians that stupid. I think Michelle Obama would be great

Sure if you want to praise the likes of Julia Gillard who negotiated to get the Green's support by imposing the carbon tax, after promising the public not to.

Oh, I am sure there will be one. Soon as you start voting sensibly.

Wow, when did sexism towards men become acceptable? Women are just as likely to make rash decisions and decisions based on emotions.

This is coming from a woman.

Bs. The reason that there have been few women leaders is the same reason that we have not had a black president for so long and we won't have another minority president for a while. They don't get elected because they have not gotten on the roster to get elected, and that is pretty much the only reason.

No, that's way too one dimensional. Many people, at least to some degree, stereotype others based on race, gender, etc., at least subconsciously. A lot of hedging, for the sake of objectivity. On a mass scale, this will sway the outcome and handicap minorities and women. Of course, this goes both ways as you pointed out (rather harshly) here:

Idiots like Forger will vote for a women out of sexism, and there will no doubt be a few women who vote for her out of simple want for wanting a women in office, the same way there where a few people who voted for Obama for wanting a black president.

Onwards.

This is America. Land of the free, where everyone is equal. Ideally, race, religion, and gender should have nothing to do with who gets your vote. Saying "Will we have a female president?" Is like saying "Will we have an Asian president?", the real question is "Does it matter?"

First off, it's not. That's an idealistic fairytale. Secondly, it doesn't matter in terms of overall outcome. It does, however, matter in that they should have equal opportunity to get into office. I think over time as education becomes available (and hopefully mandatory) to future generations, we'll be free of racism and sexism.

I'd like to take this time to point out that the USA explicitly does not have equal rights across the sexes

This is important. The ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) is not part of the US constitution, 3 state votes short of becoming the 28th Amendment.

There is evidence that women are better politicians.

Not necessarily. You have to take into account the barriers to entry for women. 1 in 5 Americans said they would be reluctant to vote for a female president (the same source you used), and so the women that actually make it are likely to be especially talented.

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/22/why-female-politicians-are-more-effective.html
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Not necessarily. You have to take into account the barriers to entry for women. 1 in 5 Americans said they would be reluctant to vote for a female president (the same source you used), and so the women that actually make it are likely to be especially talented.

Yep, my source also stated the reason why they were better; only the best are chosen and they take it upon themselves to do better in a male dominated environment.
Skyla
Skyla
291 posts
Peasant

Yep, my source also stated the reason why they were better; only the best are chosen and they take it upon themselves to do better in a male dominated environment.

That just means the ones that do make it are better, because the barriers to entry weed out more of the less-skilled women as opposed to men. I believe both sexes are able to perform well in politics, but more unskilled male politicians get into politics than women. With that in mind, we can see how it's easier to mistake women for being better politicians.
Showing 1-15 of 70