Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 9:50pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,064 posts

Knight

But, as they say, all the love they give you... ;) You know where to find the balance in what you can reasonably provide them with.

To all of us who had many animals in their life know that once in a lifetime, you get that special one and that's exactly what Noel is.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 10:31pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

Today I learned that Bar Mitzvahs are really fun to attend.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 11:58pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I learned that there are some great entries in the CTC2PP contest.

Also, a new battle has been posted in BotB. I learned that right after I posted it.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 6:43pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Today I didn't learn really, but was reminded rather how spot-on this Cracked piece is: 6 Reasons The Guy Who's Fixing Your Computer Hates You.

That bit about finally proceeding to format when all else fails especially rang true: [Me] So do you want your browser to remember your online passwords? No. So you don't want to keep them for such-and-so sites that it now stores them for? No. So I'm gonna disable that and delete them, right? Yes, fine, please do. [Delete] Wait, what did you just do? You mean those passwords are gone now? But surely there's some restore gizmo? No, sorry, they really are gone. That's what I just told you. But! How can you do that! That's really so not-done of you! You should have asked me first! But that's what I just did, I'm sorry if you misunderstood. [Here's me after some seven hours of scanning for a virus that's not there, & running over a gazillion finesses while I'm at it, all neatly presented so as to be comprehensible to the total digiphobe. Being duly yapped full of this that and the other while ostensibly these scans are "just running" and so I don't seemingly have a lot to "do."]

... %$# Oh well, here's to being a Mac in shining armor always ready to help out a former lover in distress. I did promise a session two; no, we will call you ;)

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 6:54pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,462 posts

Learned that the Lays Cheesy Garlic Bread chips are really good. I'm still waiting for the Cheese Coney chips to come out.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 8:06pm

LaurenLouise1507

LaurenLouise1507

65 posts

I learned that your nose is connected to the memory centre of your brain and that is why smells can trigger powerful memories.

Posted Feb 2, '14 at 10:20pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,064 posts

Knight

I learned, or I should say I just realized that reality shows tells us how many people we hate but weren't aware of.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 1:22pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

Today I learned that Travian sucks.

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 1:55pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,064 posts

Knight

I learned that your nose is connected to the memory centre of your brain and that is why smells can trigger powerful memories.

I learned that you might be from the UK because you wrote centre while here in the US they use center. So I check where you are from and there you are, from the UK. :)

Posted Feb 3, '14 at 1:57pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

673 posts

Today I went a British bike factory called Brompton and it was really interesting how it runs, I learnt tons not just about the construction of their bikes but how factories and industries work.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!