Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 12:44pm

KingOfAthlum

KingOfAthlum

120 posts

I learned today that using a row boat as a submarine to walk on the ocean floor is a myth. Thank you MythBusters!!!!

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 3:09pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

I learned Descarte's Rule of signs.

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 3:20pm

psychoraven

psychoraven

319 posts

had a grade 9/12 activity day and learned that grade 12 can't stop swearing (like every third sentence!)

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 4:57pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,650 posts

Running away when someone asks you a question you don't want to answer wont solve anything.

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 9:43pm

redslaughterer

redslaughterer

261 posts

I learned that 4 billion pounds of human waste enters our water every day. I also learned that 2 million children die from diarrhea after drinking polluted water.

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 4:00pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

647 posts

I learned how hard it is to kill all parts of King T in Nightmare Tower when you aren't even given the option to summon him most of the time.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 1:11am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,365 posts

Time-travel movies are the most confusing movies out there! I already sort of knew that but today, after watching Looper, it has been confirmed for me!

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 4:29am

SSTG

SSTG

12,505 posts

Knight

I learned from watching Thalassa (a french TV show about the marine world from life in the water to islands around the world, ships, etc.)
That life starts within a week underwater after a volcanic eruption.
Little microscopic animals appear first, then vegetation that will become coral, then bigger animals, fishes, star fish,etc.
While they were observing the lava falling in the water (from a boat), they found unknown fishes that lives deep under water, they came to the surface because of the heat and died. Some were weird looking, like prehistoric fishes.
This weeks theme is the Indian Ocean and the islands within it.
I love that show and I've been watching it for many years.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 8:21am

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,397 posts

Knight

I learned that you can get a gun like that gun the main character in Looper had! =O That was a awesome... shotgun... pistol.... handgun.. thing. XD

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 5:23pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

647 posts

I've learned that Burrito Bison is a very addicting game.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!