Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 7:37pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I read an educational article online about gears, and I learned about all the different types of gears. I was very bored and I was wondering about how they worked from something Masterforger said in the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread. I took a quiz after reading it and got 10/10, so I guess I learned well.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 7:58pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

I learned that The Habit burger chain has 63 locations, most of which are right here in California!

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 6:14pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

647 posts

I learned not to wear flip-flops on a very hot day. I slipped on my own foot sweat and almost fell into the ivy.

Posted Oct 2, '12 at 7:10pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,682 posts

That environmental science is the biggest waste of time in the world...the only reason to take it is because it is honors and therefore comes with a higher GPA

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 10:30pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

I learned today why hamburgers are called hamburgers even though they don't contain ham! It is another great invention of the Germans... =)

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 1:06am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

I re-learned, for the first time in 4 years, just how boring presidential debates really are. You know it has to be boring when the highlights of the event are Jim Lehrer's facial expressions.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 2:53am

KingOfAthlum

KingOfAthlum

120 posts

I learned how to construct an M110 sniper rifle, mainly used by United States Army Marksmen. There are over 120 separate pieces that go into the rifle.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 6:39am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,153 posts

I re-learned that politics are a neccessary evil... every time I see a debate, or hear a politician talk, or read about all their good intentions... I shake my head and think that a politician's job is probably the closest thing to a modern con artist! Promise 'A', switch to 'B' and end up presenting 'C' to the people... *sigh*

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 5:29pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

I re-learned, for the first time in 4 years, just how boring presidential debates really are. You know it has to be boring when the highlights of the event are Jim Lehrer's facial expressions.

How did you survive Ernie?! I would have died from the following symptoms:

Boredom
Stupidity
Brain Malfunction
and did I say stupidity?

I learned how the V-2 rocket ignites its fuel. Which is great, cause now I know how to build my model rocket.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 7:58pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

How did you survive Ernie?

I fell asleep. It saved my life.

I would have died from the following symptoms:

I would have only died of boredom, because the other symptoms would have required me to actually pay attention.

I learned today how amazing Billy Idol is. I had never seen any of his music videos and I was blown away by the energy behind every single one of them.

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!