ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682530
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned that there are a ton of new threads since i was last here.. so many that i am way too tired to reply to all of them tonight. xp

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I learned that I had 8 Charlie Brown books.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learn that the egg (it seem there's only one) from the Robin's nest in front of my living room window has hatched and there's an ugly brownish baby bird with his beak wide open chirping: "Food, food, food!"
I'm surprised it survived after last night's bad storm. It rained all night and the tree was shaken like it was a feather by very strong winds.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that there's now an edit button, and the report button now includes a black flag.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I wasn't the only one who had the idea of saying that they learned about the new edit button.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that including me, three people wanted to say something about the edit button. I feel unoriginal now.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that grass has a tendency to grow in the guttering of my house.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that @MacII has not logged into AG for a month now.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The band director at the high school is apparently going to throw an awesome party to welcome the new band members(one of them is me of course). The theme: Doge. Yeah you heard me, Doge.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Round 14 has begun in the CTC2PP Custom Castle Contest. But nobody reads this text anyway, and I can prove it.

Congratulations to @Islandempire89 and his winning castle.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I learned a old west norse word: huttututu (to express shivering from cold)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I learned that one of the tools a butcher uses is just an oversized coping saw.

Akatsuki_Kojou
Akatsuki_Kojou
199 posts
Viceroy

I learned that no one has posted here in the past three days. Also learned just now that someone finished my ice-cream while I was not looking.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the thermometer hit 88 freaking degree F today!
I went for my daily walk with my puppy Gigi and she kept laying down on the grass in the shade, looking at me like she was saying dude, it's hot, let's go back in! :O

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned I have tricked the Kong users into thinking I was one of them

Showing 1351-1365 of 2124