ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94761
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'd go back to sleep. 1901 sounds like a boring year.

Yeah, that's all I can come up with for this one. Expect more from me when I didn't come up with the question.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Well, I would probably be on a field of undeveloped land, or knowing the past of my area, in a forest. I enjoy hiking so I would probably wander endlessly until I need food or water. In which case I would try and look for my town back when Downtown was just Town.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I would run around and tell every one what will happen in 100 years and tell them I am from the future. I would also get to inventing things that have not yet been invented but will be invented soon. I would also write a book series on what I think the future would be like and 100 years from then people would be amazed! That is what I would do.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That depends, would I be poor or rich because there wasn't a middle class back then. Anyway if I were in Montreal in 1901 I would enjoy it because I like the Victorian era.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

In the fields, like the rest of the Chinese farmers....

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

1901? Fun! Top hats and coats and gloves. But I prefer the Age of Sail, and everything before that and after the age of the Romans. I find the 20th century, and beyond, partially depressing.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I'll start robbing banks on horse back until automobiles become common.
Afterwards I'll use them to rob banks.
Soon, prohibition era will come and i'll start bootlegging also I would
kill Alcapone in his child hood.
then few decades later WW2 will start.
Oh, wait, I'll kill Hitler, Stalin, FDR, Churchill, Hirohito, Mussolini, all the scientists involved in manhattan project, Captain america (if he is real), Ghandi, Nehro, Tara Singh, Saddam Hussain, Qaddaffi, Hafiz Assad, Mao ze Tung,Nikita Khrichev, Mustafa Kamal Atta Turk, Kaiser, all influential Zionists, Fredrick Nietzsche, Lennon, Marx, Ghulam ahmad Qaddiani and other people who I can't remember right now.
So, forget the first paragraph I'll basically go back as a hitman.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Oh I forgot
Lord Weavel, Lord Mountbatten, JFK, Feidel Castro, Che,
Henry Ford (i'll also blow up his factories),
Every one involved in construction of titanic(after it has sunk off course, Bosses of all five crime families, King Farrooq of Egypt and Charles De Gaul(as[url=http://www.cracked.com/article_19726_5-people-from-history-who-were-absurdly-hard-to-kill.html] I like Challenges).

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

1. I'd publish songs before the people who wrote them did.
2. I'd create some of the modern items we use today that didn't exist back them.
3. Predict mayor disasters.
4. Invest all the money i earned from the last 3 into a company like Microsoft.
5. Live life of luxury and donate 90 percent of my money to different charities worldwide, the other 10% goes to my children.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, I would do many things. =) One thing I would do is work for Henry Ford, and steal the business!!! Just kidding..... mayb... no, just kidding.. XD Another thing I would do is go to Germany and wait till year 1944, when the V-2 Rocket was being made. So I can observe how it was made.. =) But then again I would have to hide a lot, a black man in Nazi Germany... not a good idea! =P And then I would take my boat (if I still have it) and go to Africa to see my ancestors. (And split before the "round up" happens) That is all for now. =)
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Oh man, i marked myself so many dates in these period, i will be very busy. stoping this, assasinating these, helping these...

For myself, if i was a 1901 man, i am completly sure ill run to politics. the questions is wher i am and in what class. and the Language problem, as i know only english and hebrew...

Ill go to the army for sure in 1914. propebly *** an assistn to a general or a major.

Im not a guy who eat so much, so i hope ill survive 1929 crisis.

as a jew, i will propebly go to Israel at 1930+-, not in the very beggining, but yet when there is much to do. I want to belive that as a very diplomatoc man, i would be able to cool down a bit the heat between the arabs and the jews. There are so many things that in Hindsight i can do... even without Hindsight, i will surely do this, or even just try...

and here the question, do i have Hindsight or my memory is deleted?

oh and punisher, need help with the ford project?
just to be sure, i will fight to the death with you against churchil. go churchil! without farroq eygep wont join to the 1948 war, we could help them wit hgetting the british away and live in peace with each other. it almost happened you know, he just wanted to feel as a warrior king...

you say you will kill all the nation leaders... this will left england ruling the world you know... this is what you aim for?

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would spend the next 20 years brewing thousands of gallons of various types of alchohol so when it came time for prohibition, I would be ready. Beat Al Capone to the punch, y'know?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I would listen to this song.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

some people say you can not make any predictions when you go back in time, because your very prescense completely changes history (Butterfly effect)

but if you could, I would predict All the major events (San Francisco EQ, WWI,) and use that to gain political power, I would take over the world and see to it that war is abolished.

~~~Darth Caedus

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i would kill hitler, and tell my children to buy apple stocks.

Showing 1-15 of 518