Nomad

i do not like the war on iraq what do u think

• 36 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

WAIT.
I take that back. I don't agree with him on the fact that there were no WOMD there.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@ Ricador

But they had those weapons in the gulf war and Saddam used those kind of weapons against his own people.

Saddam didnt use WMD's against his own people he used things like gas just like the Nazis he never would have been dumb enough to show the western world he had WMD's or he knew we would have invaded.

So i am serious, EVERYONE almost, agrees that they did have weapons

Just because people agree with you doesnt make it true.

it's just that we have no ****ing hell what they did with them, but they are not idiots so it must have been something clever.

We can find Saddam Hussein in a fuckin hole but we cant find WMD's?!. The process of destroying WMD's takes very expensive equipment. When we went to Iraq there was no evidence found to say that he destroyed them or that he even had the means to make them in the forst place.

No American company ever sold anything to the Nazis because America refused to have any involvement with WW2 until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

There were lots of American companies that sold arms to the Nazis in WW2 for example the American Silesian company. And if u didn't know the US supplied Britain with food and supplies before it entered the war. I would call that getting involved myself.

I don't believe that our economy has many major problems if any at all.And, the few that do occur aren't related to the Iraq war.

Then you are either a child or a moron. Are you not aware of the massive credit crunch in America over housing loans or the fact that food and petrol prices are rising rapidly.
These are severe economic problems as lots of working class families in Britain and US are finding it hard to afford the neccessities.

Well, for one, they the majority of Iraqis greatly appreciate alot of what we've done, and the ones who don't like us better than the insurgents. After Saddam Hussein was captured, the Iraqis cheered and tore down a statue of him in their capital. Some even helped in the search effort. Two, I'm not even sure what it was you were talking about when you said that we took and took and took. We given alot, and we're hoping that in the future they will give back by making the new Iraqi democracy our ally.

I am not saying that they didnt appreciate us dethroning Saddam it was the right thing to do and they wre grateful for it. My borther was there and told me all about it so i do know more than you about how they feel. Of course we have taken a lot fromte Iraqi people. A lot of the oil revenues goes to the coalition forces and from there back to the government. Also the insurgents are very clever in harbouring hatred for the uk or us among the ordinary people. They say the only reason they are fighting is to rid the country of the westerners and that once they are gone life will go back to normal. So lots of ordianry people join up even if they are not completely anti US/UK just to get us to leave. Its not our right to expect anything back from them either except in political terms like you mentioned.

It's not our problem. The thing that made it our problem was the planned attack on 9/11.

We made it our problem when we invaded and dehtroned a tyrant and turned their country into chaos. We did the right thing dethroning Saddam but if we leave now then the country will just be taken over by another tyrant. We have a duty to the Iraqi people.
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@woody_7007

No American company ever sold anything to the Nazis because America refused to have any involvement with WW2 until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

There were lots of American companies that sold arms to the Nazis in WW2 for example the American Silesian company. And if u didn't know the US supplied Britain with food and supplies before it entered the war. I would call that getting involved myself.

On the Silesian company, I was naive to have neglected them. My bad. On giving food to Britain, I believe those were just regular trade routes. During the war, the only country we had an embargo on was Japan since they sided with the nazis.

Then you are either a child or a moron. Are you not aware of the massive credit crunch in America over housing loans or the fact that food and petrol prices are rising rapidly.
These are severe economic problems as lots of working class families in Britain and US are finding it hard to afford the neccessities.

Or, quite possibly both. Whatever the case, I mentioned that the problems we did have weren't related to the Iraq war. I can't think of a way that the Iraq war could affect those two markets without affecting everything else, which I might add it's not. We do get some petroleum from Iraq and they may be restricting their flow of fossil fuels to America, but that isn't the main reason. Iraq doesn't supply nearly as much fossil fuels as its surrounding countries. Most of the countries restricting their trade with us aren't doing it because of the war. They're doing it because of our support of Isreal, which Islamic nations tend to dislike.

Of course we have taken a lot fromte Iraqi people. A lot of the oil revenues goes to the coalition forces and from there back to the government. Also the insurgents are very clever in harbouring hatred for the uk or us among the ordinary people. They say the only reason they are fighting is to rid the country of the westerners and that once they are gone life will go back to normal. So lots of ordianry people join up even if they are not completely anti US/UK just to get us to leave. Its not our right to expect anything back from them either except in political terms like you mentioned.

The oil revenues that go to coalition forces wasn't taken from the Iraqi government. It was given to us. We requested that in return for our restructuring of their government and to help in the war on terrorism anyways. They may have given it in fear, but if they did then they were foolish, because we have no reason to take anything from Iraq.

We made it our problem when we invaded and dehtroned a tyrant and turned their country into chaos. We did the right thing dethroning Saddam but if we leave now then the country will just be taken over by another tyrant. We have a duty to the Iraqi people.

Amen. That's what I've been trying to get across to alot of people on the site who think that we should *poof* all of our troops out of Iraq ASAP.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

On the Silesian company, I was naive to have neglected them.

Trust me there were many other American companies that dealt with the Nazis in WW2 i just cant be bothered to name them all.

On giving food to Britain, I believe those were just regular trade routes.

They were regular trade routes but the US still helped Britain massivley giving us lots of food and supplies. Hitler when he declared war on the US said that because the US had been helping Britain so much that they were already in a state of war.

I can't think of a way that the Iraq war could affect those two markets without affecting everything else, which I might add it's not.

The amount of money the US and UK spend on the war is ridiculously high. If e spent this money on helping the domestic economy helping to ease the recession then the food and petrol prices wouldnt be as high. I am sure u are not aware of the prices rising as you dont buy your own food and things like that.

We do get some petroleum from Iraq and they may be restricting their flow of fossil fuels to America, but that isn't the main reason. Iraq doesn't supply nearly as much fossil fuels as its surrounding countries. Most of the countries restricting their trade with us aren't doing it because of the war. They're doing it because of our support of Isreal, which Islamic nations tend to dislike.

I did not say that Iraq was the reason oil prices were high, and it is not the fact that the US supports israel. It is due to supply and demand. There is not enough oil to go around. Why do you think oil has reached over $130 a barrel. Not because of Iraq but because there isnt enough anymore.

They may have given it in fear, but if they did then they were foolish, because we have no reason to take anything from Iraq.

Yes we do. Oil is very valuable. Why do yoy think we went into a middle eastern country to sort out the regime. There are many other places in the world in crisis like Sudan but no one has done anything about that. The only time western forces have gone into another country is when the UN demands it or when there is something to be gained. This may sound cynical but it is true. The only time UK had gone to war independantely is in Sierra Leone and guess what there were diamonds there.
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

They were regular trade routes but the US still helped Britain massivley giving us lots of food and supplies. Hitler when he declared war on the US said that because the US had been helping Britain so much that they were already in a state of war.

Hitler didn't declare war on the U.S. The U.S. entered the war when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. That's when the U.S. declared war on the entire Axis powers.

The amount of money the US and UK spend on the war is ridiculously high. If e spent this money on helping the domestic economy helping to ease the recession then the food and petrol prices wouldnt be as high. I am sure u are not aware of the prices rising as you dont buy your own food and things like that.

I'm in total agreement with you there. If we were to spend the money on the domestic economy then that definitely would help consumer goods prices go down. Also, you are right I don't buy my own food and other neccesities, but I am quite aware of rising prices in many markets. What I'm saying is that we have better things to spend our money on. The Iraq war is priority #1 and the economy is #2. In the U.S., President Bush issued a stimulus package not too long ago, to help slow or stop the recession (which has yet to be called official due to the actual definition of a reccesion.)

I did not say that Iraq was the reason oil prices were high, and it is not the fact that the US supports israel. It is due to supply and demand. There is not enough oil to go around. Why do you think oil has reached over $130 a barrel. Not because of Iraq but because there isnt enough anymore.

I didn't say that Iraq was the cause of rising oil prices either. I realize that supply and demand has an affect on oil prices, but do you know how much it costs for Middle Eastern countries to harvest one barrel of oil? On average, it takes about just over $2 to harvest one barrel of oil over there. You're not telling me that supply and demand did that. There are obviously other forces at work here.

Yes we do. Oil is very valuable. Why do yoy think we went into a middle eastern country to sort out the regime. There are many other places in the world in crisis like Sudan but no one has done anything about that. The only time western forces have gone into another country is when the UN demands it or when there is something to be gained. This may sound cynical but it is true. The only time UK had gone to war independantely is in Sierra Leone and guess what there were diamonds there.

I agree with you about the western forces only invading another country if the UN says to or if there is something to gain. That is, until the US invaded Iraq. The UN didn't demand it and there was no tangible gain. I'm assuming that you're saying that one of the reasons we went there was for oil. If we went to a Middle Eastern country to steal oil. Why pick Iraq? Why not pick some other country that harvests many times as much oil as Iraq. We have plenty of reasons to invade other Middle Eastern countries, most of them similar to those we chose for the Iraq war. There was no tangible gain to the Iraqi invasion, but there was a gain nevertheless.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Hitler didn't declare war on the U.S. The U.S. entered the war when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. That's when the U.S. declared war on the entire Axis powers.

Actually the US declared war on Japan and then Italy and Germany declaerd war on the USA. That is what happened.

The Iraq war is priority #1 and the economy is #2. In the U.S., President Bush issued a stimulus package not too long ago, to help slow or stop the recession (which has yet to be called official due to the actual definition of a reccesion.)

I dont thnik the war should be priority number 1. The UK has its own problems without the US dragging it into Iraq and Afghanistan. The recession has affected many people domestically and the prime minister should focus on those problems not just be president bushes bitch. Also i wouldnt trust anything your president does he is clearly a moron.

I didn't say that Iraq was the cause of rising oil prices either. I realize that supply and demand has an affect on oil prices, but do you know how much it costs for Middle Eastern countries to harvest one barrel of oil? On average, it takes about just over $2 to harvest one barrel of oil over there. You're not telling me that supply and demand did that. There are obviously other forces at work here.

Yes there are other forces at work here. If you had done your research properly you would know this. It isnt the harvesting of the oil but the refining of it that makes it expensive. You have to harvest it, store it, refine it, ship it, transport it to the market. All of these processes require expensive equipment so that by the time oil reaches the petrol stations it is $130 a barrel. The supply and demand issue doesnt help either.

I agree with you about the western forces only invading another country if the UN says to or if there is something to gain. That is, until the US invaded Iraq. The UN didn't demand it and there was no tangible gain. I'm assuming that you're saying that one of the reasons we went there was for oil. If we went to a Middle Eastern country to steal oil. Why pick Iraq? Why not pick some other country that harvests many times as much oil as Iraq. We have plenty of reasons to invade other Middle Eastern countries, most of them similar to those we chose for the Iraq war. There was no tangible gain to the Iraqi invasion, but there was a gain nevertheless.

Ninjacube your idea of global politics is very flawed. At the time we went in due to WMD's that we thought were there and to dethrone Saddam. We didnt go there for oil however if it wasnt for the oil do you think we would have stayed this long. Also the US and UK did ask the permission of the UN to go to war so the UN wasnt completely uninvolved. Also are you even aware that countries as you suggest cant just 'ick' other countries to invade. We invaded Iraq because there was a tyrant there who we thought had WMD's the oil however was an incentive not a cause.

There was no tangible gain to the Iraqi invasion, but there was a gain nevertheless.

What does that even mean. You just contradicted yourself completely there.
Showing 31-36 of 36