ForumsWEPRPresidential Debate Tonight

50 17839
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Alright, Debate #1 of 3 is coming up at 9 ET. Who do you think is going to come out on top, do you think that this is going to have an impact on the presidential race, and what surprises might we see? This debate is on domestic policy, and is sure to have lots of issues like the economy, gay marriage, and other civil rights like abortion.

• 50 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Holy shift, Biden is kicking some butt tonight. He answered to all the bullcrap spewed by that Ryan moron! He told that boy about facts and gave him a lesson, putting him on the defense all the time. I hope Obama listen carefully and apply this lesson for his next debate. You can't let those conservatives liars get away with their scams and abuses.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I want to add that the moderator did a good job in stopping them from derailing too much.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Biden certainly succeeded on the topic of foreign policy, but I was disappointed that he did not lay out the administration's plans for lowering unemployment and other domestic issues, other than 'tax the rich'. Biden spoke out of turn far more often and smiled/laughed way too much, which quickly became annoying. Still, he held his ground better than I expected and made up for Obama's lackluster performance.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Biden certainly succeeded on the topic of foreign policy, but I was disappointed that he did not lay out the administration's plans for lowering unemployment and other domestic issues, other than 'tax the rich'. Biden spoke out of turn far more often and smiled/laughed way too much, which quickly became annoying. Still, he held his ground better than I expected and made up for Obama's lackluster performance.

He doesn't need to explain current policies does he? It's all ok the news, tax cuts for the middle class, tax cuts for SMEs, more protectionist trade measures, tax the rich.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

He doesn't need to explain current policies does he?

After being specifically asked how to get unemployment under 6% as Obama promised in '08 and when it would happen, saying 'tax the rich' doesn't cut it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

After being specifically asked how to get unemployment under 6% as Obama promised in '08 and when it would happen, saying 'tax the rich' doesn't cut it.

I don't think you read what I posted. The government has already enacted more policies than taxing the rich; it's all in the media for the past four years. Up to the people to educate themselves.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Up to the people to educate themselves.

To explain your plans in a debate, you don't say 'google it'. He dodged the question. He could've brought numbers or professional estimates on when the goal would be reached, but he attacked Ryan/Romney's plan instead of supporting himself.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

obama has warmed up, wasn't that easy for romney anymore.
(this sounds like a gameshow. xD )

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah he had an answer for all the BS Romney was spewing at him.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah he had an answer for all the BS Romney was spewing at him.

No, no he didn't. How about when Romney accused Obama of investing in China? Sure, it was a personal attack, but it was hilarious watching Obama try to change the subject with that huge grin of embarrassment on his face.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

No, no he didn't. How about when Romney accused Obama of investing in China? Sure, it was a personal attack, but it was hilarious watching Obama try to change the subject with that huge grin of embarrassment on his face.

Yeah sure, if you don't do it you can't compete against those cheaters who moved their factories to China.
And now those Republican hypocrites are whining because the Chinese make cheaper copies of their products. They're the ones who exported the technology there in the first place so it's a little hypocritical don't you think?

I'd rather buy a cheap imitation of a product knowing that the Chinese will make a decent profit instead of buying from those traitors who exploit their workers.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah sure, if you don't do it you can't compete against those cheaters who moved their factories to China.
And now those Republican hypocrites are whining because the Chinese make cheaper copies of their products. They're the ones who exported the technology there in the first place so it's a little hypocritical don't you think?

I'd rather buy a cheap imitation of a product knowing that the Chinese will make a decent profit instead of buying from those traitors who exploit their workers.

Moving companies to China is terrible, and no one said otherwise. If America had a better system for dealing with big business then companies would want to stay here. But no, Obama decides to tax the hell out of them, and pour all the revenue into his stupid Green Project, which is merely a huge hole devoted to gaining a good image for Obama.

Republicans moved companies to China? Say what? You're telling me that, after a democrat went into office, Apple and other huge tech companies went to China because of Republicans? That makes no sense. Obama taxed them too much.

Oh, and Republicans aren't as big as hypocrites as democrats are. Joe Biden said "WE GOT OSAMA BIN LADEN!" during one of his VP rallies. Who initiated the War on Terrorism? Bush did, and democrats criticized him for it. If Bush hadn't began the War on Terrorism, we wouldn't have had a slim chance to find and kill bin Laden. That's hypocrites for ya.

I could go on and on about this, but I think it's better we constrain this little debate to that.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oh, and Republicans aren't as big as hypocrites as democrats are. Joe Biden said "WE GOT OSAMA BIN LADEN!" during one of his VP rallies. Who initiated the War on Terrorism? Bush did, and democrats criticized him for it. If Bush hadn't began the War on Terrorism, we wouldn't have had a slim chance to find and kill bin Laden. That's hypocrites for ya.

You mean the aggression of Iraq by retard Bush and despicable Cheney who used it as an excuse to steal as much money as he could?
All it did was to destabilize the region even more. Before Saddam was killed, Iraq used to watch Iran and vice versa, now Iran think they can do whatever they want. They would if it weren't for Obama listening to the military strategists (the ones who actually know what they're doing).
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

"WE GOT OSAMA BIN LADEN!" during one of his VP rallies. Who initiated the War on Terrorism? Bush did, and democrats criticized him for it. If Bush hadn't began the War on Terrorism, we wouldn't have had a slim chance to find and kill bin Laden. That's hypocrites for ya.

you know what is hypocrite, the millions of americans wanting the war in 2001. while all around the world there were millions prostrating against this war. but cheer cheer. then 6/7 year latter most americans are blaming the government for going to war. it wasn't such "blitzkrieg" after all. and then when you finaly kill him 10 year latter. cheer cheer, "we did it" "the war is over" "USA! USA!! USA!!!" pfff hypocrits.
Showing 16-30 of 50