Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Presidential Debate Tonight

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:17pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I should have switched the channel to a documentary on the history of fishing.

That actually sounds kind of interesting.

It's a lesser of two evils kind of thing. I'd have a louder opinion if I was old enough to vote, but I just barely missed that magical age of 18 this election season.

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 2:59am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Personally, I was surprised how... Quiet... Obama was.

honestly, I think obama completely underestimated the level romney would go to. I think that the president probably had other things on his mind at the time (the president tends to have a lot of things to juggle at one time or another). romney, seeing as how he has no real life except the one in politics, spent tons of time in a debate camp to get ready for the fiasco.

poor obama, missing his aniversary to spend the evening with a guy he probably doesn't like. I honestly think if it was any other day of the week, he would've been in a better shape.

Romney...words can't begin to describe how wierd it was seeing him that energetic. it was as if he tried coffee for the first time just an hour before (wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how mormons don't drink coffee).

my overall analysis: obama probably didn't expect romney to pull out much of a chance based on the relentlessly high amount of gaffes the guy made. it's biased, I admit, but it's as good a theory as any.

-Blade

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 10:19am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

it's always harder for the sitting president to win the elections.
all the other has to do is tell what the sitting president has done wrong the last 4 year. while the president has to defend that, he can't attack the ideas of the other candidate(s).

also is romney already in the flow of debating since he has been doing the republican candidate debates. obama had to startup just now. ofcours he will do less good in the debates.
but remember people. being a president isn't about how well someone can debate. but is about how well someone can lead.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 8:17am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

Romney won hands down, but I can’t blame Obama because the altitude was so high it must have really taken a toll on poor barrack   awwwwwwww…

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 12:54pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,120 posts

Knight

You pretty much summed up the bigotry and biasness that makes people think why Americans are high handed.

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 9:12am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

So because I made a friendly joke about Obama that automatically makes me a bigot/racist?

ps. not even really making fun of Obama more of al gore he said the thing about the altitude so your calling me a bigot/racist for making fun of a white guy??

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 9:59am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,120 posts

Knight

From almost all of your posts in this Forum, yes you are a bigot who argues with weak reasoning, false accusations, and is generally very poorly informed, leading to posts that are riddled with pure bigotry.

Also, check your dictionary. A bigot isn't necessarily a racist.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 10:14pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,059 posts

Knight

Holy shift, Biden is kicking some butt tonight. He answered to all the bullcrap spewed by that Ryan moron! He told that boy about facts and gave him a lesson, putting him on the defense all the time. I hope Obama listen carefully and apply this lesson for his next debate. You can't let those conservatives liars get away with their scams and abuses.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 10:34pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,059 posts

Knight

I want to add that the moderator did a good job in stopping them from derailing too much.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 11:56pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

Biden certainly succeeded on the topic of foreign policy, but I was disappointed that he did not lay out the administration's plans for lowering unemployment and other domestic issues, other than 'tax the rich'. Biden spoke out of turn far more often and smiled/laughed way too much, which quickly became annoying. Still, he held his ground better than I expected and made up for Obama's lackluster performance.

Reply to Presidential Debate Tonight

You must be logged in to post a reply!