ForumsWEPRPresidential Debate Tonight

50 5242
zakyman
zakyman
1,649 posts

Alright, Debate #1 of 3 is coming up at 9 ET. Who do you think is going to come out on top, do you think that this is going to have an impact on the presidential race, and what surprises might we see? This debate is on domestic policy, and is sure to have lots of issues like the economy, gay marriage, and other civil rights like abortion.

• 50 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,169 posts

"WE GOT OSAMA BIN LADEN!" during one of his VP rallies. Who initiated the War on Terrorism? Bush did, and democrats criticized him for it. If Bush hadn't began the War on Terrorism, we wouldn't have had a slim chance to find and kill bin Laden. That's hypocrites for ya.

you know what is hypocrite, the millions of americans wanting the war in 2001. while all around the world there were millions prostrating against this war. but cheer cheer. then 6/7 year latter most americans are blaming the government for going to war. it wasn't such "blitzkrieg" after all. and then when you finaly kill him 10 year latter. cheer cheer, "we did it" "the war is over" "USA! USA!! USA!!!" pfff hypocrits.
handlerfan
handlerfan
194 posts

I'm pleased that the President got his act together for the second debate. I like the way he stood up to Romney. I have more faith in a win for Obama now.

ryan7g
ryan7g
489 posts

Oops, sorry for the double post.

Not sure how that happened. But I am voting for Obama because the cumulative debt of the United States in the fiscal years 2001-2007 was approximately $4.08 trillion, or about 40.8% of the total national debt at the time of that completion of approximately $10.0 trillion.

I think a lot of people fail to understand just how badly effected the economy was when Obama took office. Unemployment was on the rise, already at 7.2% at the end of 2008. Economic disparity rose and the percentage of people in poverty rose from 11% in 2000 to 13% in 2008. The ball started rolling down hill for 8 years with Bush. Is it surprising that it might take more than four years to stop that?

SSTG
SSTG
12,627 posts

Wow, Obama clearly proved how uninformed Romney is and that his BS is totally meaningless. All Romney did was to repeat what Obama said previously but louder.
If the elections were based on this debate then Obama will be president again.
Unfortunately, the malicious campaign of misinformation and lies spewed by the Conservative camp (rich parasites) might still influence people toward their idiotic ideas.
But that reply from Obama about military not using bayonet anymore was priceless. That totally shut Romney up. xD

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,410 posts

On foreign policy overall, Obama did win. But whenever the economy came up, which was very frequent, Romney was in the zone. For example, you likely heard Obama bring up Romney's 'lan to let Detroit fail'. He said to check the facts on that quote. Here's the original text. Romney did have a plan to guarantee funding for the companies after a managed bankruptcy instead of wasting it on a bailout. Bailout money was wasted when GM and Chrysler declared bankruptcy.

partydevil
partydevil
5,169 posts

Romney did have a plan to guarantee funding for the companies after a managed bankruptcy

instead of wasting it on a bailout.

isn't that the same thing?

you fund them so they don't fall over...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,540 posts
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,410 posts

isn't that the same thing?
you fund them so they don't fall over...

His plan: fund after bankruptcy
Bailout: fund before to prevent bankruptcy (which didn't work)

He's fine with the government stepping in, but he disagreed with the timing.
SSTG
SSTG
12,627 posts

As if it weren't bad enough, ******** CEOs like David Siegel are blackmailing their employees saying that if they vote for Obama, they will lose their job. Talk about Conservative at their worse. These criminals will do anything, I mean anything to prevent Obama from being re-elected. That's scary, Imagine what will happen if this Romney hypocrite gets elected. Maybe my GF will finally be convinced to move to Canada.

HahiHa
HahiHa
6,732 posts

CEOs like David Siegel are blackmailing their employees saying that if they vote for Obama, they will lose their job.

Heard about that. Even though there is no way he could control his employees' vote (right??), he sure puts some pressure on them. Though this is technically not Romney's fault.

I quite like the term 'Romnesia', however. It's very fitting
partydevil
partydevil
5,169 posts

seen parts of it while i was busy now.
and what keeps bugging me is that romney wants more usa influence abroad.

didn't the republicans learn anything the last 10 year?
fix your own country. and don't stick your noses in the problems of others.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,540 posts

Heard about that. Even though there is no way he could control his employees' vote (right??), he sure puts some pressure on them. Though this is technically not Romney's fault.

No it's not, but it is telling of the group at large being voted in with Romney.
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

As if it weren't bad enough, ******** CEOs like David Siegel are blackmailing their employees saying that if they vote for Obama, they will lose their job. Talk about Conservative at their worse. These criminals will do anything, I mean anything to prevent Obama from being re-elected.

It's not like conservatives are the only ones who do that. Jussayin'.

I'm surprised Romney didn't mention Libya. Maybe he was rubbing it in by not talking about it, because I can hardly go around and not hear about it...
dair5
dair5
3,418 posts

It's not like conservatives are the only ones who do that. Jussayin'.

That was a link of a troll who said Romney sucks. Why are you comparing it to a boss who tries to blackmail his employees out of voting for Obama? I think there's a big difference.
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

That was a link of a troll who said Romney sucks. Why are you comparing it to a boss who tries to blackmail his employees out of voting for Obama? I think there's a big difference.

I think it's comparable in that they were both forcing their views on others - while one meant the loss of a job (which would be unconstitutional; the guy might not last for long if he truly does), it's not like the left-wing doesn't do anything even close to it. Obviously, simply because Obama is black isn't an entirely viable reason to want to vote for him (appeal to racism?). Also, appeal to authority and butt 'jokes' are in there. ._.

I see blackmail for both and almost certainly both problems wouldn't get so far as to be fulfilled.
Showing 31-45 of 50