ForumsThe TavernQuick 'poll': Who would be interested in a Role-Playing session?

28 3774
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

As the title says, I want to know how many people would be interested in a role-playing session here on the forums.

The kind of RP is still up in the air, but I have a few ideas floating around in me head. Yet feel free to leave suggestions along with your post if you are interested.

I have not do a decent RP in a long while, and the ones here really seem to fall flat. And I am sure the kind of RP I am used to doing would not work here. So if enough people were interested, I would be up for starting one out and taking the lead of it all. And partake in it a little myself. ^_^

So yes! The polls are open!

• 28 Replies
CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

I vote for the demon plague option. There are a bunch of ideas that could sprout from it that could create major plot twists. And as an added bonus, most modern weapons involve guns and giant explosions, which I think all of us can agree is awesome.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

True, but even with a classic dark ages D&D theme, mages can potentially do massive nukes spells. ^_^

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I've always been intrigued by a Text based RPG game...but never really joined in one. Since my imagination sux But if your going to start nice and easy and simple, I'll join in!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

This could be interesting.

You are so lucky to be able to have mod powers to control it. Gee, if I had that for my forum game....(happy thought!)

Anyway, I think it is a good idea. I medieval theme is good, but only if I can be a giant vegetarian ogre who accidentaly kills the prince. He then marries the princes sister and turns into a toad.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

An Rp game would be pretty cool and a meidevil/dark age theme can have a lot of plot themes(like different kingdoms go to war at different times or bandits role into the area IDK) It would be interesting to see how it would play out too...I'm all for it!

sneakysam
sneakysam
38 posts
Nomad

id join. i used to play D&D before and i had fun.

i like the elven rogues

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, so we're looking here at a freeform BBS (scenario) based RP? I don't think I have the time for it but I'll be interested to see how it goes as I'm fairly familiar with the scene.

Aside from settings and scenarios you're going to have to lay down other rules, as I'm sure you're aware. Specifically parameters for the characters, and fairplay protocol and safeguards against god-modding and power-playing, because those things always end up in tears.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I definitely agree with Strop, it gets really stupid when everybody is perfect and nobody dies and gets wounded and stuff.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

lol, o rlly Strop? ^_^

Do not worry, I have a handle on all of it.

Going to start making the actual RP topic now...so expect to see it up within the next 30 minutes or so.

alwayswithyou
alwayswithyou
7 posts
Nomad

Yeah that would be pretty cool. At least people can stop thinkin im a girly girl! Lol i would like RP fighting games. Or just a hang out Quest RP game.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

After the start of the game:
Well it is a very cool game,funny and creative. Sometimes hard (for me)as i havent a big imagination.
Wee xD!
Keep it up =)

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

I believe that people should try to bend their minds around a RP forum game. Frankly, the zombie game is fun, and people should try that out before doing anything else.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

i have done a few and i have a couple of ideas

Showing 16-28 of 28