ForumsForum GamesGenesis IV

81 9826
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The scout-bird set down onto the earth is a billowing cloud of dust and debris, like some bejeweled insect alighting on an alien world. The bay doors on the side opened up with a hiss as the cabin depressurized, and four troopers in HDEP suits stepped. The micro-panels on the suit changed from a steel grey to a spackled green and brown to match the forest surroundings.

One of the troopers pulled out a small device, and held it aloft in the air. After several moments, the device chirped loudly.

"Atmosphere is breathable," he said, pocketing his device. The other three nodded in reply. "But keep your respirators on, incase of foreign pathogens. Fan out in a local search pattern, report back in five mikes. Move!"

The three men scattered, and soon dissapeared into the trees. The leader of the men switched his radio frequency, and called in to the orbiting strike ship of the American Legion.

"LS Seraphim, this is Ajax 4-1. We have secured the DZ. Activating the emitter now." He pressed a small screen on his wrist, and a small canister fell out of the back of his suit.

His in suit radio crackled to life. "Copy Ajax 4-1. First wave of marines will touchdown after briefing. ETA two hours. Seraphim out."

800,000 feet above, the Legion strike ship Seraphim orbited the planet. The first of the Athena line of ships, she was only challenged by the battleships of the Interstellar fleet. She boasted the lastest in electronic emitter arrays, neutrino weapons, and boasted a hyper warp drive which enabled her to travel just under the speed of light. Her greatest calability, though, was the contigent of 15,000 crack marines on board. The first wave of 2,500 were currently in the main hangar.

A man stood in front of several large screens. Arrayed around him were 2,500 marines preparing to touch down on the planet. He was explaining the new HDEP suits.

"The Committee has authorised this colonization mission to be the first large scale test of the HDEP suit. Made from High Density Electron Plating, the suit is the greatest advancement in personal protection since the invention of portable shield generators. On top of this, the suit is self powered, self contained, and has the ability to change color in response to the surroundings."

"The helmet contains an HUD that shows a small map, as well as being able to view any number of information blocs such as direction faced, windage, and objective direction. The rear of the chestplate holds a small cavity, in which unit leaders will have a beacon and medics will have a Portadoc."

"Five groups of 500 will touch down via the heavy landers. You're to secure your objectives and await further orders. Atmosphere is breathable, but no one is authorized to remove their helmet. Our planetologists our working on getting the environmental control satelites in orbit, so until than expect adverse weather conditions. Scans show some populations of carbon-based natives, and the Legate has ordered all natives expendable."

As he spoke, technicians began to disperse suits among the marines.

"We need Genesis IV gentleman. Failure is not an option. Good luck, and godspeed." He walked off the stage, and it sank into the flight deck. The screens began to retract into the ceiling.

Nearly fully suited, you put your helmet on. It secures, and a whirring sound can be heard as it locks in place and pressurizes. Suddenly, a female voice a female voice fills your ears.

"Hello. My name is is SARAH, or Sensory Awareness and Required Assistory Helper. I will introduce you to the HDEP suit. If you have any questions at any time, simply speak 'SARAH' and I will offer assistance. But before we begin, would you tell me the following information?"

Name: (Derp)
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines (ALIM)
Mother Ship: LS Seraphim
-----
Health: 50/50
-----
Suit Specifications: Unknown
Suit Status: Good
Suit Ability: Unknown
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None

• 81 Replies
Showing 106-105 of 81