ForumsSupport ForumWe are Closer to a Solution

14 2064
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Today, it has been shown that the rogue glitch is caused by the deletion of the e-mail address in the "Email" slot on the Control Panel. This allows a user to solve the rogue glitch quicker than in the past. However, I have noticed a higher frequency of these glitches, including 2 occurrences on me. However, I think we could solve the glitch if we could determine the cause of the e-mail deletion. In this thread, I would like ideas on the cause and later, the solution.

• 14 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Nope. Never cleared my email and I got it twice today. I've had it 6 times and I have never cleared my email.

It's combining with other glitches. At first, you kept your Armatar and could post. Then you couldn't post. Then you couldn't comment. Then your Armatar changes to a starry shield. Now, your About gets muffed up and you can't even log in.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Then your Armatar changes to a starry shield.

That and any other wrong changes to the user profile are considered the rogue glitch.

Now, your About gets muffed up and you can't even log in.

The first part is a form of the rogue glitch. The second part indicates a combination with the password glitch.

Then you couldn't post. Then you couldn't comment.

Those are separate glitches that appear to have tied with the rogue glitch.

Nope. Never cleared my email and I got it twice today. I've had it 6 times and I have never cleared my email.

I'm not talking about the user clearing the e-mail. I'm talking about the glitch clearing the e-mail, in which case the user has to re-enter the e-mail.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

never cleared my Email either and now my friends list is empty!
i've had only one other aspect of the rogue glitch and that was all my comments being anonymous, however i recently saw a game who's comments were anonymous, so i think it's extending. well that and sometimes the delete/mark as spam symbols aren't on my profile, that part of it goes on and off

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Even though I experienced the glitch twice already, once in minor form and once in it's full effect, I never had my email cleared by the glitch, nor did I have you re-enter it to 'un-glitch' myself on either occasion Patrick... I don't know whether you're right about this. =/

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Even though I experienced the glitch twice already, once in minor form and once in it's full effect, I never had my email cleared by the glitch, nor did I have you re-enter it to 'un-glitch' myself on either occasion Patrick... I don't know whether you're right about this. =/

I got that information from Ernie15, so perhaps you should talk to him about e-mail and its involvement in the rogue glitch. For now, we still need to discuss the cause and the solution.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

GOOD NEWS! i had the aspect of the rogue glitch where i couldn't see any of the comments on my profile, well i tried turning my profile comments off then back on and all the comments were back!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

also i just figured out how to solve the problem where it doesn't show your friends list, you go to the control panel and delete someone as your friend (not necessarily control panel, but that's how i did it) and it might also work if you add a friend as well.

There's a possibility that disabling and enabling profile comments might make them non-anonymous again and possibly fix other aspects of the rogue glitch, i don't know yet, i'll try to get killersup (who's currently experiencing the rogue glitch) to try those things to see if it helps any.

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

What about being completely locked out? I got the password glitch and when I went to go re-enter a password I got error 404. After that every page I went to on AG was a 404. It went away but this is the 3rd time it's happened and I'm just now able to post this.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Call me crazy...but I'm actually a bit bummed that I have yet to be hit by the Rogue Glitch. Am I not worthy? D= haha

Also...something I find weird that may have absolutely nothing to do with the glitch...but next to Email in the control panel...there is an asterisk..which would indicate that at the end of the page there would be another asterisk that would say something like "this needs to be filled out" or "so we can email you fun and annoying stuff"..but alas there is no asterisk anywhere else

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Make that 4 times now. I fixed it by uninstalling Chrome and re-installing it. Took a while but it's working for now...

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

but all comments are vanished
well they're gone again, to fix the problem disable then enable profile comments and that'll fix that
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

WOAH,that was scary.Killersup just got this new glitch.He couldn't click on this forum to find out how to fix the problem. Manlyman saved the day for Killersup!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

ok well i just had the part where my rank was messed up and i had the starry armatar and all that. i fixed it by changing my comments from enabled to disabled and after changing that all was normal, then i enabled my comments again and all was well, but the whole of my bio was deleted

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

So, to continue Patrick2011's discussion about it, the cure seems to be different from simply changing/filling in your email address again... some people changed their comment email from enable to disable and back.

This fairly suggests that the problem is actually situated somewhere at the top section of the user's control panel as both the email box and the enable/disable option are seemingly involved. =/

And Patrick... I was merely stating the counter argument on your mentioning of the email option being the solution, which shows it isn't, apparently...

Showing 1-14 of 14