ForumsWEPRMost used passwords for 2012

49 24268
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Here is a list from 1 to 12 ( 13 to 20 excluded) If you use them, better change.

1. password

2. 123456

3. 12345678

4. abc123

5. qwerty

6. monkey

7. letmein

8. dragon

9. 111111

10. baseball

11. iloveyou

12. trustno1

• 49 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

these days most paswords must have a capital letter and numbers. and sometimes even a punctuation mark.

these passwords can only be used on sites that are not good protected.

and most of them are well known passwords for many years already

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Did i say that some are Jesus and Mustang? Also Ninja XD

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

What is your source for this information?

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Great post, pay attention to this folks. Don't get your accounts broken into by bad password picks.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Great post, pay attention to this folks. Don't get your accounts broken into by bad password picks.

shouldn't AG use a better protection system then?
i mean, on 95% of the websites. you can't even use these passwords anymore.
or is it coming in AG3? like the edit button we are waiting for.
116 posts
Nomad

Kind of surprised by some of them like trustno1 and letmein...

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Hah, not mine. mine is... oh wait...

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

My password before was 123qwe

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

ik where he got this or atlest where ive seen it it was on the yahoo news section bar thing

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I've never used any of these passwords before, although I have used drowssap

P.S. In my own opinion this is in the wrong section, this is hardly a world event/politics/religion. Maybe this belongs in the tavern?

Just a thought.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

shouldn't AG use a better protection system then?

If it's what I think this "better protection system" is, I personally detest having requirements to a password, such as "you must have at least one numeral and one symbol to register the password". Having a symbol in your password drastically increases your password strength, but it shouldn't be a requirement; you can have extremely strong passwords by just using numerals.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

This is weird, I thought people would make sophisticated passwords. Not like 12345678 or something. I make passwords with password combinations that are a mix or letters and numbers, and they tend to be very long. But I have a photographic memory so I can remember them. Why would people make such simple passwords? It is pretty stupid to make passwords for accounts that even 5 year olds could even hack into.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

My passwords have always been complex, even when I was new to the internet, they've just grown longer over time. My passwords are different on all sites, so the only way for me to remember them is to write them down.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

What I want to know is, how did they find this all out? It's not very reassuring to think that there's someone out there who's looking over everyone's passwords and determining which ones are used most frequently!

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Are these passwords from one specific website, or every website in general, with the inclusion of desktop passwords?
Specification would be helpful, anyway.

I personally detest having requirements to a password

I agree, any time I register to a website and it has something like:
Minimum 8 characters, must include letter, number and a mix of lowercase an uppercase, e.g Th1Sis4nExAmPlE.

In my opinion, they're extremely hard to remember at first, and I often need to use the 'forgot password?' and often, there isn't an option for this.

I thought people would make sophisticated passwords. Not like 12345678

Children usually have easy passwords since they would probably forget them too easily otherwise.
Like, when I was younger my password was always just my first name followed by my age, e.g my club penguin password was shane7.
Showing 1-15 of 49